Scheduled site maintenance Thursday
    Yikes!! Hang on to your wallets!! If this upgrade goes as usual, there will be mucho dollars lost again..

Anyway, when they say read-only mode, and that the reports tab will not be available, will our sales < chuckle chuckle > still be viewable on the home page on the right side and accumulatively at the very top? Or, do we just wonder if we sold anytrhing during these 4 days?

Dumb question, I know, except for the losing money stuff.....

Cool
    I don't care; I just keep making new pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    Yikes!! Hang on to your wallets!! If this upgrade goes as usual, there will be mucho dollars lost again..

Anyway, when they say read-only mode, and that the reports tab will not be available, will our sales < chuckle chuckle > still be viewable on the home page on the right side and accumulatively at the very top? Or, do we just wonder if we sold anytrhing during these 4 days?

Dumb question, I know, except for the losing money stuff.....
    So, did CJ say what it's upgrading this time around? What the heck could take 4 days to upgrade? Shouldn't they have done it offline and then implemented it overnight like most companies do? Oh, and I just noticed the message also says all [July] transactions won't be locked until after Sunday.

I can run reports

scratch that. I can run them, but my last posting date was:
    11-Aug-2005 14:58 PDT
    so I guess they shut it down early??

At 6:00 p.m. the site will go into read-only mode and remain in read-only mode through Sunday, August 14. While the CJ Account Manager is in read-only mode, you may access account data, however the reporting tab will be unavailable and any changes you make to your account will not be saved. After 12:00 p.m. PST, Sunday, August 14, the site will return to full functionality and the reporting tabs will be enabled.
    I'm confused. Does this mean that they will not being posting any transactions until the upgrade is completed on Sunday? I can get into reporting now, but nothing has posted for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    I'm confused. Does this mean that they will not being posting any transactions until the upgrade is completed on Sunday? I can get into reporting now, but nothing has posted for hours.
    apparantly so... up top it says Read Only

Just what is "Read Only Mode"??? Am I allowed to add more transactions in my Transaction Report when it'd not in that mode? Well that's not in the FAQ

So I guess we won't know if we made any sales for 4 days. I think this is the longest blackout window I'll have experienced with CJ. I've been putting a huge amount of work into CJ merchants lately and I'm more than bummed that I won't know if I made any sales until Sunday or Monday.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    "When the site returns your reports may be delayed for up to 24 hours."

So it's supposed to come back Sunday August 14, so should be caught up first week of September.

"When the site returns your reports may be delayed for up to 24 hours."

And if it's anything like the last time they said that, we'll only get the last 24 hours worth of sales.

Basically, CJ is allowing us to view pages frozen in time when they became read only. They ought to just take the whole thing down for all the good that's going to do. For an internet-based company to regularly need to go offline the way CJ does is inexcusable.

I guess other companies want to make sure they provide good service to their customers, so they find a way around this, but with CJ...actions speak louder than words.

I'll spend the weekend expanding relationships elsewhere, and removing CJ links to make room for them!

Andy

Well, at least we can get to the "Get Links" section so we can work on our sites during this downtime. That's about the only good feature of this read only mode
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    Any idea what's coming with this upgrade? I am curious and nervous.

Curious and nervous is probably good.

So often, CJ takes away beneficial tools during these "upgrades."

CJ used to have individual product tracking. It was GREAT! You could tell exactly what was getting clicked on, and what was selling. Is it a blue widget, or a red widget that sold? You knew! Now we get "Product Catalog 1" which is almost useless. When a merchant has thousands of products, you know something is selling somewhere for somebody.

You just don't have a clue what it is...

I look forward to the day when they fix basics, like speeding up the product search and the SmartZones link that never works in the Account Manager. They've known about that one for over a year, and it still hasn't been fixed.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    CJ used to have individual product tracking
    My speculation: Individual product tracking of some sort is coming back with this upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Well, at least we can get to the "Get Links" section so we can work on our sites during this downtime. That's about the only good feature of this read only mode
    "however the reporting tab will be unavailable and any changes you make to your account will not be saved."

The notice does not say whether any new links you generate during this down period will be tracked, it would seem obvious that if CJ allowed the get links feature to be active then they will track.

On the otherhand someone at CJ could have made an oversight.

Just saw Todd answered the question on the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    Basically, you can get links for existing relationships and run reports for data prior to going in to read only mode.

I hope this helps.

Gee..I wonder if "smartzone" will vapourize? Do alot of folks use this capability?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT
    The notice does not say whether any new links you generate during this down period will be tracked, it would seem obvious that if CJ allowed the get links feature to be active then they will track.
    You might be thinking of performics. They are the ones that generate user specific links. Whenever you create a link with them, it has to "activate" in their system before it will actually work. CJ doesn't work this way.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

You might be thinking of performics. They are the ones that generate user specific links. Whenever you create a link with them, it has to "activate" in their system before it will actually work.
    Yeah, it's my understanding the parasites have a flashing red Batphone that goes straight to Commissioner Gordon's office - oops - Performics - so their links are activated immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    You might be thinking of performics.
    Actually I was thinking of the encryption function, if an encrypted link could be generated on "get links" page but due to the "read only" condition of the CJ reporting site, the data that transaction server needs to decipher the encrypted link & recognize my affiliate ID might not get to the transaction server.

Since I tested a new link and it brings me to the intended URL, I can therefore assume there is no issue?

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread