Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Read Only Mode
    Yes, sorry, i know there is a thread about this already.. but i am just wondering... this weekend, will reporting be working at cj? Because i really need to know.. thanks friends..

If you had read the statement on CJ, you would know the answer to your question already. According to CJ, tracking and reporting of transactions isn't affected by this, but it will be 24 hours after they come back online Sunday before everything is caught up.

During this time, you won't see any changes in your account. They're happening, but they aren't posting where you can see them. Also, don't make any changes during this time using your CJ Account Manager, as they will be lost.

And don't be surprised if it's mid to late next week before everything is caught up, CJ has a history of taking longer than they say...

Andy

I think it's a play on our psyche - you know we all complain if we can't log in during downtime, so now we can log in ................. same thing but different look.

I think it's a play on our psyche - you know we all complain if we can't log in during downtime, so now we can log in ................. same thing but different look.
    Clever, ain't they?

Andy

When the members area is in read only mode, it prevents you from making changes to your account. For example, if you tried to join a program, you will see that the "apply" button is greyed out and not clickable. Likewise under the account tab, you cannot edit your account settings. Basically, you can get links for existing relationships and run reports for data prior to going in to read only mode.

I hope this helps.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

I noticed that although I had transactions reported for yesterday, my commission balance did not update (I update a spreadsheet on my PC every day). I hope this is just one of the side-effects of read-only mode.

Ralph

ToddCrawford When the members area is in read only mode, it prevents you from making changes to your account. For example, if you tried to join a program, you will see that the "apply" button is greyed out and not clickable. Likewise under the account tab, you cannot edit your account settings. Basically, you can get links for existing relationships and run reports for data prior to going in to read only mode.
    Hi Todd,

A newbie to the boards here at ABW. So just to make sure I understand Read Only mode correctly, I will not be able to see any new transactions accruing to my account until sometime Sunday?

Jason in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by JWags
    Hi Todd,

A newbie to the boards here at ABW. So just to make sure I understand Read Only mode correctly, I will not be able to see any new transactions accruing to my account until sometime Sunday?

Jason in OKC
    Correct - you will not see any new impressions, clicks or txns (leads or sales) until the members area is out of read only mode, reporting is enabled, and the backlog has caught up. We anticipate everything getting back to normal sometime Sunday.
    Todd Crawford

What is being upgraded?
    Todd,

Is this simply a hardware upgrade that will improve the responsiveness of the current system? Or is it an upgrade that will change functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by jrb16915
    Todd,

Is this simply a hardware upgrade that will improve the responsiveness of the current system? Or is it an upgrade that will change functionality?
    This is a very large project that will provide a new foundation allowing us to develop new and exciting features.

After the deployment, you will get some immediate benefits from new transaction reporting capabilities. This is the first of many new reporting enhancements that we will be releasing in the coming months. There are other projects deploying in 2006 that will also take advantage of this new foundation.

I have been involved in these projects and know you will find them very valuable. We have been listening to what our publishers and advertisers want/need to better manage relationships via enhanced tools and reporting.
    Todd Crawford

Hello Todd,
    Can you tell us if there would be any delay in payment because of this upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by marketingchex
    Hello Todd,
    Can you tell us if there would be any delay in payment because of this upgrade?
    We do not anticipate any delays in payments this month due to the upgrade.
    Todd Crawford

any chance of bringing the befree merchants to use the same interface as CJ?

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    any chance of bringing the befree merchants to use the same interface as CJ?
    Many have or are in the process of migrating over to the CJ Network. If you have specifc advertisers that you wish would migrate, I suggest emailing them and letting them know this - it really helps when they hear it from their publishers.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    This is a very large project that will provide a new foundation allowing us to develop new and exciting features.

After the deployment, you will get some immediate benefits from new transaction reporting capabilities. This is the first of many new reporting enhancements that we will be releasing in the coming months. There are other projects deploying in 2006 that will also take advantage of this new foundation.

I have been involved in these projects and know you will find them very valuable. We have been listening to what our publishers and advertisers want/need to better manage relationships via enhanced tools and reporting.
    What are these new, exciting features?

Will they benefit ordinary publishers like us in any way?

Will every single sale track correctly to the correct publisher during this entire downtime period and after the upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    What are these new, exciting features?

Will they benefit ordinary publishers like us in any way?

Will every single sale track correctly to the correct publisher during this entire downtime period and after the upgrade?
    If you log into your account, click on help and read through the August release notes, you will see the new transaction reporting features that are part of this release. The new reporting in this and upcoming releases will definately benefit publishers (and advertisers). Yes all tracking is still occuring and will be reflected in your reporting, once everything is caught up.

I have said this before but I guess I it bears repeating. The ad serving and tracking are completely separate from the members area and reporting. We are not making changes to the ad serving and tracking. All the impressions, clicks and txns are being recorded and are just waiting to get put into the reporting data base so you can access it.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    "This is the first of many new reporting enhancements that we will be releasing in the coming months."

Why don't you just do it all at once instead of having these upgrades every couple of months?

We do not anticipate any delays in payments this month due to the upgrade.
    I don't care about that.

I'm not getting pay this month, so I am on strike.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd - I look forward to the exciting new features but I have to say I would like to see some current ones fixed. #1 on the list - it gets very old to try and get product links for a merchant that has over a 1000 products and you put in the product name or keyword and get 0 search results. So you try to search for a product you know is available and you get 0 search results. This happens on a weekly basis, this is a real pain and needs to be fixed. There are other threads in the forum complaining about this problem but it never gets resolved.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=60632

Sorry to get off topic a bit but it's hard to get excited about new features when some old ones aren't working properly.

Okay, I've had my rant for the day.

"We are not making changes to ..... tracking."

So the changes are purely cosmetic, and tracking reliability (or, rather, the lack thereof) will remain static.

Whoop-de-doo.

I looked at the August 2005 release notes and couldn't see anything about product description information on sale transactions being added.

The one thing I would like to know is what brand and model my customer actually bought on the advertisers website.

Do you know if this feature is in the August 2005 release? Will it be in a future release?

Thanks.

Todd.I am trying to join new merchants in various categories and I can't complete the join all application. It's all read only? Is there a problem?

You cannot join programs while the system is in read-only.

Poke around the numerous threads here for more detail, or check out the maintenance announcement at CJ.

Thanks todd I look forward to sunday or monday when the upgrading is complete...

I'm with Kevin on the product detail information. When Todd said the transaction reporting will be upgraded I hoped he meant we'd finally know what we're selling! In my opinion, this is the most important change CJ can make.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast