More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Befree Commissions Not Paid
    I have another merchant transfering from Befree to CJ. The first merchant that did this transfer did not transfer my outstanding commissions and it appears that this second merchant is not going to either since they will not reply to my emails.

What gives? Are they allowed to not pay me money owed? If I did such a thing I would have a collection agency at my door.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

If you're referring to SonyStyle, I've been wondering the same thing as they also owe me commissions. They just don't reply to emails either - in fact, I think affiliate support at BeFree is non-existent these days ever since Scott left. There is another merchant who owes me money which was due and payable on April 1st and, apart from one reply to say that due to an accounting mix-up commissions had not been paid but that it would be within 2 weeks, I've heard nothing further. That was almost a month ago!! It really sucks when we have to beg for money that we've worked so damn hard for. On that note, I think I'll sit down and draft a "not so nice" email to this merchant again.

What about ZiffDavis they haven't paid me for a year.

I've got unpaid commissions from TollFreeISP myself. They cut and run, without paying up.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

In case you haven't heard, no one pays in befree anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats not true. I get paid from Sony. But now their moving to CJ. I also get paid by radio shack, Verizon (even though they were late this month but CJ apologized saying it was their fault not Verizons) and I have gotten paid by Staples. Only one not paying is Ziffdavis

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I get paid from Sony. But now their moving to CJ.
    I'm wondering how they are going to handle affiliates (like myself) who haven't met the payment threshold at Befree.
    Scott
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

strange: there is no move announcement that I can see for sonystyle at reporting.net

That's two merchants now that have done this to me: Fabulous Furs (nearly $20) and Bass Pro Shops (about $18).

I have yet to collect a single penny from Befree! Just when I am close to the min payment the merchant goes to CJ and I get nothing! What a scam!
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    Only one not paying is Ziffdavis
    Add Brookstone to that list!! My question is WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR BEFREE SUPPORT THESE DAYS??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    I'm wondering how they are going to handle affiliates (like myself) who haven't met the payment threshold at Befree.
    How? Money in their pocket!

Talking So . . .
    so join them ASAP when they switch over, but just remove your old links. When they gripe about no orders, tell them why!

I understand some companies did ask their affiliates AFTER the move if they were owed anything, but only the affils that jumped over fast.

Thumbs up
    UPDATE: BassProShops comes through and sends the check! I had almost forgot about this whole issue.

Not a huge amount of money, but when 6 or 8 merchants or programs do this kind of thing (switch programs, increase min payout, etc without paying) it adds up.

Boscov's is 3 months behind too.

Quote Originally Posted by lola
    Boscov's is 3 months behind too.
    Lola when I heard that they had lost the Boscovs check I just knew there was going to be another delay in payment. because they probably first have to deposit the check . I don't see any change in payment status in the reports as yet - if nothing materializes this week I'm going to send another email to Alison about it. This is totally ridiculous.

On a positive note, I noticed yesterday that SonyStyle payments for commissions below the minimum threshold have now been moved to "payable" status, so at least it doesn't look as though they are going to stiff affiliates since they moved to CJ.

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    On a positive note, I noticed yesterday that SonyStyle payments for commissions below the minimum threshold have now been moved to "payable" status, so at least it doesn't look as though they are going to stiff affiliates since they moved to CJ.
    That's been the big hold up on me putting their new links up. Good to see they pay their bills
    Scott

Boscovs June commissions have now been submitted for payment (AT LAST!). Hope we don't have the same fiasco with July and August.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread