$25.00 or I quit!
    Today is August the 13, so if I don't make $25.00 by the end of this month, I will quit this business for the next two months.

I refuse to believe that tracking is not affected and that any of all those clicks don't convert, so I might be going on strike on September the first until November.

I don't mind working for free when I am happy, but now I am beginning to piss me off, so I rather take a vacation first, than bash a merchant or a network for what I am thinking is going on.

I don't believe what I am seeing but, it might be true.

So, to Trust No One may be the real answer.

Sal.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If you go on vacation now, your pages won't be optimized for Christmas. Then you won't get any holiday sales either

Of course, you could always sign up with an honest merchant, whose products should do real well in September and October! *plug *
    Last edited by Leader; August 13th, 2005 at 01:21 AM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Send me all your traffic then your clicks will start converting... for me! ahhh hahah!
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Of course, you could always sign up with an honest merchant, whose products should do real well in September and October! *plug *
    Don't worry Leader,

I have you on my mind for the last few weeks, but I am afraid to join your program and then have you on my back asking me why I have not send you any clicks.

Since the last g..g.. dance, all my pages are down in the toilet, so I don't feel that good, but if you don't mind if I don't send you any click for a few months after I join the goodbulbs.com, then I am willing to join your program at any time, it's your call now.

Sal.

Mr.Sal I joined Leaders program about 3 weeks ago and I dont think I have sent her one click yet But I am waiting for the SE's to finaly be a bit kinder to me and then hopefully I will send her some.

Everybody goes through a bad spell mine has lasted about 12 months now but I am sure it will pick up again soon.

Dont give up, just plug away and the tide will turn and your visitors will come back and buy.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    "Since the last g..g.. dance, all my pages are down in the toilet,"

There's the problem. How many clicks have you averaged per day this month?

Sure, go ahead and join, maybe some nice fresh bulb pages are what you need!

As for getting on your back, I won't get on yours if you don't get on mine...

BTW Trust is right, a bad G0ogle dance is the root of much nonresults...

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1

There's the problem. How many clicks have you averaged per day this month?
    --- Visits this Week ---
    8/5 8/6 8/7 8/8 8/9 8/10 8/11 Total
    151 128 162 180 158 177 205 1,161

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Sure, go ahead and join, maybe some nice fresh bulb pages are what you need!

As for getting on your back, I won't get on yours if you don't get on mine...

BTW Trust is right, a bad G0ogle dance is the root of much nonresults...
    Ok Leader,

I just joined your program about ten minutes ago.

By the way, If this is what I am getting so far on another garden merchant:
    Hits-Month 217 Hits-Total 7552 Sales-Total 58

Let's see how many tulips I can sell by January 2006

Sal.

ABW Ambassador
    Clicks not visits. When you say visits are you meaning clicks? or unique visitors?

Leader,

I think must be jinxed!

I just replaced my CJ smartzone top banner with one of your 468x50 banner and my hosting company still show the CJ banners.

I hope they fix that (sheet) in the next few hours.

Hey, they're about 6k pages with the include code so, I am giving you top placement on a lot of pages.

Will see what happen in the next then days.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Clicks not visits. When you say visits are you meaning clicks? or unique visitors?
    Those are unique visitors for this Week, like I said:

ABW Ambassador
    "so I rather take a vacation first, than bash a merchant or a network for what I am thinking is going on."

So it's not a merchant or network problem, it's a traffic problem. 165 people per day. I'd start busting out some holiday pages or some other type pages and Google will come back around. Just gotta ride it out.

Ok Leader,

All my pages got the bulb banner now on the top, I just clicked on five pages, to test, so those first five clicks are mine, the last click was from my perennial page, from now on only my visitors will click on those banners.

Some time next week I will make new site with the datafeed, for now, I am out of here.

Sal.

Leader,

I just get your [Welcome to GoodBulbs.com's affiliate program!] email, so I log in again just to to tell you that there is something wrong with this paragraph:
    Please note: While we welcome international affiliates, we can only ship to the US. Therefore, we only pay commissions on US orders (in other words, the customer and the customer's shipping address must be in the US).
    As long as I get my money, I don't care if the customer is on the Moon and he sends the product to his wife in the US.

Think about it!

Sometimes people send flowers from far away address to someone in the US or another country.

Sal.

"Think about it!

Sometimes people send flowers from far away address to someone in the US "

With flowers, the order may be placed from one country to another, but they are being delivered from a shop in the same town as the recipient.

There are wierd customs restrictions on transport of bulbs, seeds, produce and the like across international borders.

Sal,

Keep your chin up! Google can do much damage at times, but it can all be undone, too. I have a site that was one of Google's favorites for years, then last December it just disappeared. I have no idea why. Suddenly now, it's coming back, although not at the same level it was. Few changes were made to it, so I don't know what caused the problem in the first place. Flaky Google.

I'm sure Leader's program is a good one...I'm planning on joining someday too...just as soon as I can figure out how to incorporate bulbs into a content site about sports...

(Just kidding, Leader...)

Andy

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    As long as I get my money, I don't care if the customer is on the Moon and he sends the product to his wife in the US.
    You may not care but the Merchant may. AVS works only for US issued credit cards. So credit card fraud methods increase for the Merchants. Usually not worth the expense, hassle, risk, time, etc for a smaller Merchant.

Sal--

Chocolate Chicken and Kellie have hit on the two reasons for that restriction. Both issues have a part:

1) Kellie's right (Customer must be in the US): The AVS (Address Verification). My CC-Acceptance agreements demand US-based cards and that I use AVS.

2) Chocolate Chicken's right too (Bulbs are only shipped within the US): International shipments of live goods are subject to lots of extra regulation and fees. It'd cause a huge amount of expense and red tape to have to get clearance for international shipping of a retail bulb order. Not to mention the shipping costs, which would be on top of that!

Combined, the two issues become, "the customer and the customer's shipping address must be in the US."

All my pages got the bulb banner now on the top, I just clicked on five pages, to test, so those first five clicks are mine, the last click was from my perennial page, from now on only my visitors will click on those banners.

Some time next week I will make new site with the datafeed, for now, I am out of here.
    I would expect the real results to come after you get the feed pages up (and traffic to them). Banners alone don't do much, even at the top of the pages.

By the way, If this is what I am getting so far on another garden merchant:
    Hits-Month 217 Hits-Total 7552 Sales-Total 58
    It looks like that means, 58 sales on 7552 hits. And "Total" would be since you signed up?

That CR seems low...Is that SAS? I've noticed they count spider "clicks," or at least the ones from MSN-bot. I wish they'd ignore known spider traffic like CJ does... counting the spider traffic makes everyone's results seem lower than they are.

I'm sure Leader's program is a good one...I'm planning on joining someday too...just as soon as I can figure out how to incorporate bulbs into a content site about sports... ~Andy
    Just hang a bulb section off the back and give it a little PR-passing type link from the highest PR'd page of the sports section. The traffic coming in from the SEs most likely won't ever jump over from the sales pages to the content especially if you don't put a link back or you make it unobtrusive.

Take it from one who sold loans, exercise equipment, printer ink, and every other thing off the back of a gardening content site for years. The site name's even got "gardening" right in it...nobody cared. I kept it that way for a long time, until I finally had so many unrelated store pages that there was more of that than there were gardening-related ones!
    Last edited by Leader; August 13th, 2005 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added some info.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread