Portal builder
    I need a tool to create a cybermall - contains merchants and I can customize the look/feel. Also need a way to generate the affiliate links to the merchants. I started off looking for shopping carts but then realized it's simpler than that.

i.e. Some some sort of database driven portal builder to create an affiliate mall. Visitors would click on a merchant and go to that merchant's site (e.g. Linkshare merchant) so I don't need payments or any e-commerce features.

At the simplest level it's a tool to create an online directory. The challenge is in creating the affiliate links so we're not hand coding them for each merchant and each mall.

Any suggestions?

You talk about a "portal builder", do you mean a portal script? Or just a link directory script?

Anyway, I found a little script php/mysql that seems to do what you want, it is called Particle Link, here it is: http://www.particlesoft.net/particlelinks/

I don't know your computer experience but you can look at Hotscripts.com for some free and/or commercial script/portal to work with.

I could do all the php/mysql directory and admin myself, but it would be very basic and price could grow fast so you are better then with a commercial script/portal with alot of features.

Hope I opened some doors,

Steve

have you checked out indexu ??? the demo is located here http://nicecoder.com/indexu/demo/index.php

sounds like what you want...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Great comments Steve and Joe.

I'll check indexu. In the meantime I have found Gossamer Threads Links, which appears to be good for building a directory and does link checking.

Hostscripts is a good source for these sorts of tools - thanks.

I still haven't found anything that is targeting building a mall where the links to the merchants are generated affiliate links.

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread