Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Full Member brianboru's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Thumbs up Public Service Announcement
    To those who have been repeatedly loggin in for stats today.
    Just an fyi. If people would stop logging in and wait until tommorrow for stats, I am quite certain that full reporting will be restored by then. But dont quote me.

  2. #2
    Member inasisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    75
    brianboru,

    Unfortunately CJ believes in your paradigm: "Do Nothing and Things will sort out by itself". How will all the lost features resurrect by us not logging in I can't understand? The only disadvantage with all of us logging in and checking the stats is that the server will be a little slow. But I don't think that is hardly the problem now. The main problem has been that the changes were never tested properly and the change was not planned properly to minimize the downtime.

  3. #3
    Member holyearth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2005
    Posts
    126
    Todd,

    Is this "upgrade" going to make transaction reporting quicker? For example, the usual delay I used see for the ebay dimes was 3.5 hours......Is this going to improve?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador ticketguyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by brianboru
    To those who have been repeatedly loggin in for stats today.
    Just an fyi. If people would stop logging in and wait until tommorrow for stats, I am quite certain that full reporting will be restored by then. But dont quote me.
    So not quite certain that you're quite certain?

  5. #5
    Internet Cowboy
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,662
    If you REALLY want to get reporting working again...
    Place two eggs in a lavender-colored crystal container and put the container in the bread section of your refrigerator.
    Next, go out in to your yard and find the smallest hardwood tree you have. Walk 10 complete circles around it while chanting "CJ Reports...CJ Reports...CJ Reports" over and over.
    Now, the final step, go back to the bread section of the fridge, take the eggs out and place them in a towel. Now carefully sit on the towel, without breaking the eggs, until they hatch and chickens come out. If the chickens have lips, reporting should be OK by then. If they do not, start all over at the beginning.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    173
    I would consult the crystal ball, but I really need a more worthy question...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    116
    UncleScooter.
    Love your humor...
    (the chickens didn't have lips but they did have 'forked tongues')

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Place two eggs in a lavender-colored crystal container and put the container in the bread section of your refrigerator.
    Next, go out in to your yard and find the smallest hardwood tree you have. Walk 10 complete circles around it while chanting "CJ Reports...CJ Reports...CJ Reports" over and over.
    Now, the final step, go back to the bread section of the fridge, take the eggs out and place them in a towel. Now carefully sit on the towel, without breaking the eggs, until they hatch and chickens come out. If the chickens have lips, reporting should be OK by then. If they do not, start all over at the beginning.

    Thats awesome.......
    [LEFT]Earn 15% Commision: 100% All Natural Supplements From The Amazon Rainforest
    Lifexpand, Inc Boca Raton, FL Phone: (561) 487-3650 [URL=http://]www.lifexpand.com[/URL][/LEFT]

  9. #9
    Chick with Brains Tracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Polk County, Florida
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Place two eggs in a lavender-colored crystal ...
    I only have a Cobalt Blue Crystal Container. Can I make a substitution?

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,178
    I'm fresh out of lavender-colored containers as well.

    Will a clear one work if I fill it with water, use food coloring to tint it lavender, then add the eggs?

    Andy

  11. #11
    Full Member brianboru's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    So not quite certain that you're quite certain?
    Most certainly.

  12. #12
    Full Member brianboru's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    So not quite certain that you're quite certain?
    undoubtedly?

  13. #13
    notary sojac Herb ԿԬ's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central/Western NY State
    Posts
    7,741
    Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by holyearth
    Todd,

    Is this "upgrade" going to make transaction reporting quicker? For example, the usual delay I used see for the ebay dimes was 3.5 hours......Is this going to improve?

    Thanks
    I seem to remember being told that the delay was a design feature, there was a reason for it.

  14. #14
    Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,468
    There's a bread section in my fridge?
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

  15. #15
    Full Member brianboru's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by brianboru
    To those who have been repeatedly loggin in for stats today.
    Just an fyi. If people would stop logging in and wait until tommorrow for stats, I am quite certain that full reporting will be restored by then. But dont quote me.
    Imagine that 24 hours later and reporting is restored. If you had quoted me it would have jinxed it.

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador ticketguyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by brianboru
    Imagine that 24 hours later and reporting is restored. If you had quoted me it would have jinxed it.

    Looks like someone quoted you...

  17. #17
    Content $ Queen Ebudae's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Place two eggs in a lavender-colored crystal container and put the container in the bread section of your refrigerator.
    Next, go out in to your yard and find the smallest hardwood tree you have. Walk 10 complete circles around it while chanting "CJ Reports...CJ Reports...CJ Reports" over and over.
    Now, the final step, go back to the bread section of the fridge, take the eggs out and place them in a towel. Now carefully sit on the towel, without breaking the eggs, until they hatch and chickens come out. If the chickens have lips, reporting should be OK by then. If they do not, start all over at the beginning.
    Ebudae


  18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. photos- public domain or free to the public for non-commercial use?
    By jc101 in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •