Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager
    Any Water Sport Enthusiasts
    I love to surf...although some wouldn't consider surfing off long Island really surfing.

I also enjoy wakeboarding when I get a chance to use the boat but with gas prices these days surfing is much more economical.

Any other water nuts out there?

Swimmer here.

Geno

I enjoy kayaking, as you might guess from my avatar photo. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I take the jetski out at least once a week if time permits. Nothing like catching 10 foot + air on a three seater.

Love to waterski as well. Anything on the lake.

I fell into my backyard koi pond. Does that count? Didn't spill my beer, either!
    ~Ernie

I like a nice warm bath with the headphones on. (I have four kids and enjoy any chance at a moment for myself)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Internet Cowboy
    Amazingly, I live three miles from the ocean and never go to the beach. Not a big fan of the beach, surfing etc. Decent surf here from what I hear.
    This county is the shark bite capital of the world. More shark bites here than anywhere else by a long shot. You would never know it with all of those people packed in to the beach every day.
    Honestly, most of the shark bites here are from sharks about two feet long and really do nothing more than leave a nasty scar, but there are more of them than anywhere else.
    I don't invite sharks in to my home, therefore I do not invade their's. It's a mutual respect thing for me.

Here in South-East Asia scuba diving is at it's best. I probably go once a month or so, wish it could be more often.

The famous diving grounds of Tioman, Bali, Lombok etc are just a couple of hours away and soooo worth it.

Frank @ Singapore
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

Cool
    Been surfing all my life and wakeboarding when it was still called "Scurffing."

AdamGEC - I've only ever seen pictures of east cost waves. I think you are missing out. Ever surfed Santa Cruz, CA?

Drastic -
    I take the jetski out at least once a week if time permits. Nothing like catching 10 foot + air on a three seater.
    and
    Love to waterski as well.
    A little confused, almost every waterskier I know HATES pesky jetskis trying to "jump" the skiers wake and just getting in the way of everyone. Also 10 ft? That is impressive!

Swimming in a pool. Sand... ick.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I like a nice warm bath with the headphones on. (I have four kids and enjoy any chance at a moment for myself)
    I love this one...

Geno

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Whyte
    Been surfing all my life and wakeboarding when it was still called "Scurffing."

AdamGEC - I've only ever seen pictures of east cost waves. I think you are missing out. Ever surfed Santa Cruz, CA?
    nope never surfed Santa Cruz what kind of waves do you see there. On Long Island the surf is great if the waves get waist to chest high. Normally we only see 2 to 3 footers. Although the hurricanes down south really help kick up some surf.

"scurffing" wow haven't heard that in a while.

>A little confused, almost every waterskier I know HATES pesky jetskis trying to "jump" the skiers wake and just getting in the way of everyone. Also 10 ft? That is impressive!

Yeah, a lot of people who ride jetskis are not courteous. They have given all riders a bad rep.

I never get within 200 feet of a boat pulling anything. It's simple safety and courtesy.

10' air doesn't happen as often as I like, but I've learned how to hit the cabin cruisers' wake just right. A good jump is a blast.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

Affiliate Manager
    Drastic,

I find that those charter fishing boats through up the best wake just as they are hitting the throttle and right before they get up on plain. I like to hangout right at the mouth of the harbor where the boats are leaving the 5 mph zone. (I think I might be one of those jet skiers that gives the rest a bad name)

Swimmer here as well. Can't wait till the affiliate earnings are able to buy the house with a big yard and have a pool out back.

Thumbs up Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon_girl
    Swimmer here as well. Can't wait till the affiliate earnings are able to buy the house with a big yard and have a pool out back.
    Yes, cinnamon_girl! An olympic size one is what I want!!

Geno

>I find that those charter fishing boats through up the best wake just as they are hitting the throttle and right before they get up on plain.

Those big wakes before the boat planes off are usually too sharp for the air I like to catch - you jump sharply but no distance. I like to sail through the air as high as I can.

The absolute best is to pass one head on, top speed. Roll over the first wake and turn almost 90 degrees into the second peak, usually the tallest part.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

>Here in South-East Asia scuba diving is at it's best.

Wow I totally forgot about diving! That's awesome too, best I've had was in Tahiti, diving with sharks.

Do you know how those compare?

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy

Yes, cinnamon_girl! An olympic size one is what I want!!

Geno
    For you swimmers, you should invest in one of those pools that shoots the water through jets so you simply have to swim against the current. They are like the treadmill of swimming.

Since I am practically in the ocean here I am always out in the boat (why I dont have a boating site is beyond me) Bought a nice 20 footer with a 150 last year on ebay of all places. It pulls waterskiers nice but even I have cut back the price of gas on the water is about 3.50 a gallon here.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    The occasional bit of Scuba, swimming, and Kayaking on very rare occassions... other than I've always wanted to try Yachting ... the one where you lie around on the deck and get catered too

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Manager
    Falcon

are you on long island?

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    7' 6" thruster
    9' 0" log
    have surfed the southeast us coast for over 25 years
    will surf 4ever

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I met the affiliate manager for SeaDooSeaScooter down in Miami at AndyR's seminar last month. Nice guy. Very cool products! If you're a water enthusiast, check out his lineup of fun water products... might be a fun area niche to promote!

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=296

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by infoTim
    I enjoy kayaking, as you might guess from my avatar photo. :-)
    I just entered into an "adventure race" www.wecefar.com. Sounds cool as hek. A leg of the race is kayaking, which i've never done b4, any tips?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast