I feel I am beeing robbed - Again
    The CJ management must be either stupid or they have no idea what is going on. I have never seen a big corporation like CJ doing an upgrade for 4-5 days without Beta testing. I guess CJ needs some cash again to pay for the new acquisition. The upgrade is obviously not going to help us or speed up our reports. It is just an excuse for them to steal money from us. Why is it that during these mysterious upgrades my EPC is 100% - 125% lower then my 3 month average? If my EPC is steady for 3-4 weeks and doesn’t go lower then $55 every day and then suddenly during an upgrade the EPC is $20, don’t you think CJ that something is wrong? Obviously you don’t! Because every time I bring it to your attention I get the same Fu….ing response: “Tracking is working and was working and always will be working and it was never affected” Well, if the reporting is so screwed up and my balance drops $400 in just few minutes (It’s not just me) then how the Phuck can you claim that tracking is always 100%.
    I DO NOT TRUST YOU CJ! Todd, with all due respect I like what you doing and your prompt responses are all nice but until the day when you fire the idiot in your IT dept. who is responsible for all the mess I will not trust you and I will always feel that I am being robbed...
    Have a nice day!

CJ is not a "big corporation". It was recently sold to ValueClick for $58 million.

Personally, I do not distrust the company. I distrust the staff.

CJ only gets paid when publishers get paid because that is how they charge advertisoers. why would Cj want to rob publishers when they are losing out themselves. I think it would be best for CJ to have done the upgrade after every publisher gets paid rather than delaying the existing payment.

How do you know CJ isnt getting paid for this? Is it not possible there is their own secret account that they funnel the money that disappears during these updates? It doesn't make sense that only during updates do I have such drastic changes in EPC and it continues to happen and the updates themselves seem to be no updates at all (besides the past one, but I don't see the point at all in this one and I would much rather have my old reporting back) yet they are so poorly handled and executed one has to wonder what exactly are they doing? How would anyone know that they aren't doing things underhanded like this to squeeze every last penny they can out of us?

I remember Todd clearly mentioning that the payments won't be delayed on account of the upgrade. Not to forget, one thing that everyone likes about CJ is their timely, accurate and consolidated payments. I am sure they had their own reasons for the timing of the upgrade.
    And Topaff, it is quite normal to see the fluctuations in revenue. I am not denying the possibility of some glitches in reporting, but if you do not trust CJ, how can you do business with them? Have patience.

Quote Originally Posted by affiliate4all
    I remember Todd clearly mentioning that the payments won't be delayed on account of the upgrade. Not to forget, one thing that everyone likes about CJ is their timely, accurate and consolidated payments.
    A4A, you might want to check out Todd's reply in this thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=61988

It looks like certain critical steps, such as QA or pre-production beta, have been skipped or poorly conducted. For applications involving transaction information, that is unacceptable. Given that IT practices within an organization tend to apply across multiple facades, my confidence in the trustability of CJ's transaction tracking, which unfortunately is completely invisible to us publishers, has dropped even further.

A gloomy thought
    The following is not meant to be alluding to real facts but it’s “just” a thought that I have had for a few months now and it is based on “my” experience with CJ.
    Number of clicks to CJ has never changed much, my website(s) ranks at #1 or it’s on the first page of Google and other major SE for targeted keywords. I used to get MANY more sales and leads on a daily basis from merchants that appear on those high-rank pages. Until Spring. And not, this has nothing to do with Google’s update (Bourbon), visits have not changed and neither have clicks to CJ, or have I changed code in my pages. What’s even more puzzling is that now I see sales from a merchant that I hardly promote but that I have linked for over 2 years and I am talking about orders on a daily basis since July 2005. No orders before that. I am not asking for explanations because I will get the same jargon as an answer (we do not see any broken links, all sales are tracking, etc.)
    At this point, I don’t trust CJ and other affiliate programs anymore (except for very few), there is really no way to verify tracking and sales, if they want to screw you up, they’ll do it and they’ll always get away with it. We’ve been cheated, robbed and lied to. Geez, that is a gloomy thought, isn’t it?

So, this is how I see it:

At some point during the spring of 2005, someone at CJ had realized that there was something “wrong” with the reports not reporting sales after those annoying affiliates started to complain.
    So, the “board” got together to discuss the “fix” and how to communicate it to the affiliates.
    One person said: “We could say that there are “delays” and in the meantime work on a new system, unfortunately we won’t be able to compensate the affiliates for past sales not tracked.”
    The second person said: “OK, but we have to make the new system more complicated and confusing so that the affiliates will somehow be distracted and get over the lost sales and we can all be happy…”
    “OK, I will deal with the affiliates and try to make them understand the ‘problem’, I could be really persuasive…” said the third person drinking a glass of red wine.

I know that many of us are making good living off CJ; I am not, not anymore.
    Unfortunately there are some merchants that I really need and that I will loose but I am working my way out of CJ network, I am really tired of this BS.

I am suspicious also.
    Without going on a rant, here is why I am suspicious...
    - I have been sending lots of the same traffic to my websites... yet since the update I have not NEARLY been making the same.
    Unless this f*** up by CJ is further delaying transactions... but its all very confusing... I smell a rat.

Actually, I'm having fun trying all the new reports, selecting all the different options, changing dates and never finding the same stats twice. Taking screen shots all the time and anxious to compare them in a couple of days just to see what is what.

However, no compaints so far on sales. All look good on a day to day basis.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron - How can your sales be fine..?? Are you seeing an update of transactions?

My reports are stuck on last Thursdays ending stats.. accept for the couple of hours a day it jumps UP a couple hundred bucks.. once it jumped up $800 in a couple of hours.. but now it is right back to the same amount it was on Thursday of last week...?? VERY FRUSTRATING.. after six days... almost 7-DAYS.. =)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    My stats updated Monday and show transactions up till then (the 15th).
    But, no batchers have updated...I'd be *very* surprised if none of the batchers had generated a sale in that time. CJ's saying the batch reports are delayed. Jammed utterly seems more accurate!

What’s even more puzzling is that now I see sales from a merchant that I hardly promote but that I have linked for over 2 years and I am talking about orders on a daily basis since July 2005. No orders before that.
    Did the merchant change something on their end? I had a similar occurance once (though not timed with an up(?)grade, and it turned out my merchant had lowered their prices and were finally competitive!

Generally I like CJ a lot, but I really hate up(?)grades and the bugs they always bring. I wish they'd just leave things that are working alone!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I hate the upgrades to. This is upgrade just the first episode. Apparently, there is sequel coming up next.

Boy do I hate sequels.

Probably two or three updates or "scheduled downtimes" coming up for the holiday season..

If I was Todd I would schedule my vacations around these "upgrades"..
    LOL you know he has GOT TO HATE em too..

not another upgrade

Seems like the merchants have different info than we do...I received an e-mail early last week from a merchant stating that "...we anticipate reporting for ****** in the CJ interface to be fully up to date on Wednesday, August 17."

Quote Originally Posted by brbaffiliate
    A4A, you might want to check out Todd's reply in this thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=61988
    disappointed

Cj not yet finish upgrade...last night my balace...drop $40..without any report detail....

My Balance Detail report and the figure at the top of the screen have been off by $20-$30 (fluctuating) for the last 15 hours. Anxious to see if they every are equal.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Last night my balance dropped by about $18. This morning a reversal for that amount was posted. I think we're going to see reversals today.

My sales for the 12th-16th look quite normal.

ABW Ambassador
    Batch txns seem to be going through. What I find to be annoying is that when I go into the transaction report (then under commission detail) to see each txn, they are sorted by merchant and I want them sorted by posting date so that I can see the new txns. This in turn causes yet another click to get there (isn't there a default that I can set to automatically sort by posting time?).

In any case, the pages are still slow to load, but at least I can see my txns are coming through with only a 1-2 hour delay.

I do wonder though, has anyone seen any of their bonuses (performance incentives) posted yet? Usually the are posted on the 12th of each month and nothing is showing from my end.

By the way, the pages are still slow to load, but at least not quite as excruciating as all day yesterday.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread