i'm tired with computer merchant like pcmall and etc ...send a lot traffic zero sales :mad: :mad:
    can you help best computer merchant in cj.com or others affiliate programs

thanks

forget it!

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: austin powers ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    PcConnections at BeFree & The OutPost at Linkshare just pulled the plug on their programs and you can forget about PcMall -Microwarehouse- Dell or IBM converting. USComputers and AccessMicro are rippoffs and the only one that tracks sales properly and converts is TigerDirect at BF. I should know since I've been promoting all of them since 1998 at my PcShops mall.

Is Computer Surplus Outlet any Good?
    Gerry

no, not unless you really like reversals

the same goes for ALL computer related merchants

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: austin powers ]

Email to Computer Surplus Outlet.
    Based on your performance as a merchant by fellow affiliates I am removing your banner. Please bear in mind there are over 700 active members who will read this! http://www.mailordering.com/directory.html
    What do you think?
    Gerry

TigerDirect -
    My Stats Direct product links

12 / 01 / to present
    Impressions 40,277
    Click Throughs 697

Commissions - $3.90

Make what you want out of these stats.
    This is the best I've done in awhile

A guy don't know what to think anymore. Some say Tiger is "GGGreat"!(pun)
    Gerry

cj merchant "clubmac" reversed my only sale for reason: "unqualified lead"
    needless to say the didnt respond to my email questioning this

if you think cj.com computer hardware merchants are bad the software merchants are even worse, by F-A-R

i gave up on computers, of course

i have every confidence that cj's new president will save us, i'm going to think of him as flash gordon, from what i've read hes fighting the evil non-compliance enemy so im going to start knocking off emails to fraud@cj cos i didnt bother in the past

For hardware, clubmac are the best of a bad bunch.. pcmall, macmall and ecost are awful.
    I sent software paradise tons of hits for nothing, now switched to software oasis and get regular sales.. not much commission but better than nothing.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    the only one that tracks sales properly and converts is TigerDirect at BF.

If everything is perfect, then this might be true.

But reporting.net leaves a lot to be desired in terms of tracking. Basically, it is a big mystery.

One issue I've seen come up in multiple forums but never get answered is that the sw is reportedly incapable of tracking sales if the acct url and referring url do not match.

If true, then reporting.net sw is either obsolete or else it is purposely designed to err on the side of the merchant. Either way it is a rip off for the affiliate because it will not track all the sales (and most sites DO have multiple urls: one for the .com you registered and another that is a combination of your host's url and your acct name).

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Interesting point about multiple URL's not getting credit for sales. I consolidated several URLs way back when ..but only use the main site's login to get link codes. Gerace said that this would affect reporting of sales if the main site codes were untouched and placed on multiple sites. My problem and challange to TigerDirect stems from never seeing a single sale get creditied to my account from BeFree individual product links...regardless of merchant. Only sales seem to come from banner or text links and I wonder if individual product links upset cookie placements??? Of course getting any BeFree merchant to divulge their return day cookie duration is like pulling good teeth...painful waste of time.

Overall I find that computer resellers/distributors and mail order houses are very computer illerate...me being the exceptions ..Ha ha! Yes I've designed and launched 9 sites for these type clients and not a one of them knew how to even setup a browser for e-mail or knew what FTP was.. Now to expect them to know how to use the merchant interface on a affiliate ASP network is a streach of the imagination. Testing the shopping cart reporting tag is rocket science to them just like verifying individual product links lead to actual product pages. Most I test ..don't lead to aanything but a stock out/discontinued product. This goes for TigerDirect too but they are at least working on it.

I'll report back on their internal findings as they test the links to make sure BeFree catches the sales. Their banner and category links work well since I show 12 sales since Jan 1st on 1265 clicks.

How about McGlen? Are they any good, they seem to have a pretty high EPC of $10. Pretty decent as compared to other computer merchants.

How about McGlen?

McGlen an AccessMicro are of the same animal,( as are ecost,pcmall,macmall )Never pushed McGlen to much, at the time I looked at their site they had good prices and products but no pictures of what you were buying. Was doing well with AccessMicro, until they found out they could reverse atwill or something like that.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread