Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sign here if you want CJ to put things back as they were
    If, like me you prefered the functionality of being able to see how much you made from whom yesterday and today and would like to estimate your next payment like you used to be able to please post in this thread. Thank you.

I think the changes will be positive once they're working properly.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think they should have offered both until they were sure the new system was working properly, as it appears they did not beta test it before implimenting it.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Clearly they will not admit defeat and go back to the old system.

But I for one am going to tie up client services for a good hour while someone explains every last detail of how this non-intuitive system works.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Ron,

CJ beta-tests everything only AFTER implimenting it, LOL
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Shockey,

Log on to CJ and there is a link in the information box that explains the new features and is written fairly clearly. Not perfect, yes, but a far cry better than LS treated us with no information at all with their Synergy Analytics fiasco.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

CJ & Linkshare sitting in a tree
    b - e - t - a - i - n - g
    sorry, that just popped into the brain and made me chuckle
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I think when they get all the kinks out, the new reporting will be pretty useful for those who want access to more info in various formats. However, I agree with Ron, I would've preferred if they'd left us access to the old reporting as a transition to the new reporting. I wouldn't have complained as much if I could fall back on something I knew how to do to get the info I want while simultaneously playing with the new reports to see how powerful they are.

-M

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    CJ & Linkshare sitting in a tree
    b - e - t - a - i - n - g
    sorry, that just popped into the brain and made me chuckle
    LOL - had to be a Canuck! :P

Affiliate Manager
    Hopefully once I get used to using the new system, things will get better.,..but right now I am beyond frustrated...Accomplishing the simplest task takes ages, especially when I keep getting timed out...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'll sign. Just because they probably (99.99999% chance) won't change it back doesn't mean I have to pretend I like such needless changes--especially when they don't work right!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I'll sign. Just because they probably (99.99999% chance) won't change it back doesn't mean I have to pretend I like such needless changes--especially when they don't work right!
    you kidding me? with those kind of decision-making on cj's part, i'll give them only 6 more months, tops, of existence. they are slowly but surely on the way out. they have to come to their senses, quick!

With all the merchants who told me they did leave or are leaving LinkShare to go to CJ, if your prediction is true then SAS will have a hey day picking up all the pieces. I doubt CJ will be gone in six months. There is a better chance of that happening to LS [gossip mill is flowing pretty well on that one].
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    With all the merchants who told me they did leave or are leaving LinkShare to go to CJ, if your prediction is true then SAS will have a hey day picking up all the pieces. I doubt CJ will be gone in six months. There is a better chance of that happening to LS [gossip mill is flowing pretty well on that one].
    that was before the upgrade.

and even then, from what i've seen lately, it was the other way around. merchants went to LS from CJ.

also, six months is a pretty long time. cj will start feeling the effects of their folly next month.

I understand your frustration but certainly don't see this little reporting blip to be the downfall of CJ. If that was the case, LS would have fallen off the earth by now. You must have other reasons for their demise than just this reporting problem.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    you kidding me? with those kind of decision-making on cj's part, i'll give them only 6 more months, tops, of existence. they are slowly but surely on the way out. they have to come to their senses, quick!
    Nah, If a disliked up(?)grade or 2 was all it'd take, they would have been gone years and years ago.

Right when I started up there, in about 2000, the boards they used to have were full of flames--about whatever upgrade they had just done! LOL That one must have been a real POS compared to whatever was before it, people were taking their links down and everything... Personally I had never seen the other (1999) version so I didn't know what all the fuss was about...

Whatever they do to their interface, the only thing that seems to be constant is that in a year or so they will change it yet again so any version they put out will be gone before long! But on the other hand, when they actually come up with something likable, that also will get messed with after a year or so...

Needless messing with the interface isn't just an event at CJ, it's a lifestyle~!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    the upgrades that they did before were not as extensive as this one. and this is only phase one.

i think, just like before, they were trying to bury the reversals and stuff. remember when the color was changed from red to black to make it less prominent?

also, LS didn't mess up with their most important basic reporting, unlike cj.

This is not an option - sorry.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    The new reporting is a major pain in my ass... I guess CJ can save on bandwidth by frustrating people like me who will now be checking their stats less... what BS...

Todd,

I know you are telling us it just can't happen, but in the future when you do a complete reporting change, I STRONGLY suggest you leave the old reporting up for a week while the bugs get worked out of the new system and we learn how to use the new one. Isn't that the least bit possible?

BTW, thanks for the updates. That's why CJ is tops in my book. Communication, communication, communication.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile
    The new reporting is a major pain in my ass... I guess CJ can save on bandwidth by frustrating people like me who will now be checking their stats less... what BS...
    the less you know or understand, the more the merchants can do some hocus pocus

come to think of it. isn't the new upgrade supposed to make us understand better? and yet, its effect is the opposite.

Someone is very paranoid....
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    cj removed the reversal rate. they tried to change the reversal transactions from red to black. and now this. they are trying to bury the reversal transactions.

am i paranoid or are you in denial?

We could each be in both.

Truce. I agree that we may both disagree.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast