I've Got To Give CJ Credit
    If this new reporting system ever gets working, I've got to give CJ credit for the improvements they have made and for a lot of the way they did it (except for the current problem of implementation without access to old reports).

After the LS Synergy Analytics fiasco, it is easy to see that CJ was paying attention to a lot of the issues raised there (plus I saw Todd reading their posts all the time....good homework, Todd!). One of the things I like is that CJ provides an information box at log in with information about the new August 2005 Release Notes. When following the hyperllink to the information page, it is a concise, informative page with links to more information if needed. What really impressed me is the terminology. Unlike LS who used statistical terms over my head, this is written so everybody can understand it. In addition, the actual reports at CJ are in a language I can understand. Good job, CJ!

Although I know we are all a bit frustrated right now because implementation is taking longer than anticipated, it is obvious to me that CJ did their homework and tried to prepare for our questions and provide pretty comprehensive instructions. Yes, we have found some areas in the Help section that need work, but I'm sure they will add that soon.

Yeah, I'm quick to be critical sometimes, but that is often when a network keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. This is not the case with CJ and the way they provided information at their site about the new upgrade features. I applaud them for a job well done in that area.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I've Got To Give CJ Credit
    i never thought i would here those words from you, lol.lol.lol
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

One other huge difference between this and the Synergy Analytics fiasco is that this was just a poor implementation, mostly due to insufficient testing. The design is sound, the concept is helpful, the technology works, and they're doing a fair job of communicating and working to resolve the problems. With Linkshare, the design was flawed from the beginning, it was a huge step backwards, the technology won't work for many users, they did a poor job communicating, and it has taken months and the major issues still aren't resolved.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The operative word in Ron's post being "if".

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    One other huge difference between this and the Synergy Analytics fiasco is that this was just a poor implementation, mostly due to insufficient testing. The design is sound, the concept is helpful, the technology works, and they're doing a fair job of communicating and working to resolve the problems. With Linkshare, the design was flawed from the beginning, it was a huge step backwards, the technology won't work for many users, they did a poor job communicating, and it has taken months and the major issues still aren't resolved.
    Michael, can you please tell me what positive feature(s) you like in this new upgrade? Maybe I'm missing something but it has become much more of a hassle for me to check my daily stats and I just don't see what new features make this better than the old one, it seems like they just moved everything around instead of making things easier\helpful.

They've added a lot of functionality to the transaction reporting, and tried to organize it a little better. Once everything is fixed, you'll be able to see at a glance which merchants are extending transactions, how much you earned each day, how a payment was calculated, and a lot of other things that weren't as simple to get to before. Some things were moved around and some things aren't working right yet, but that's all "easily" fixed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

"just a poor implementation, mostly due to insufficient testing."

And why the blind faith that the same cannot be said for the tracking mechanisms?

I keep getting booted from my account manager, especially when I try to go more than one page deep into the reports. However, commission is tallying in the ol' account balance!
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Is the world ready for a softer, gentler Ron? Only time will tell, hehehe....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

You guys are having a lot of fun teasing me about this aren't you? Well, I'm smiling along with you.

This is not about the product, it is about the implementation and communication. Yes, right about now CJ REALLY should be communicating with us so we can know if things are hung up, slowly loading or just plain stuck, but over all (the big picture), you have to give CJ credit for at least thinking of us a little. They did provide instructions, a road map so to speak, of what the new stats reports offer (LS never did) and they provided that at the time of impelmentation (LS still has not) and they wrote everything in a language we understand (LS did not, nor did they change any of it).

Final judgement is still out and only time will give us an accurate picture of how well CJ did, but I just wanted to give them credit for doing something correctly in my eyes.

Neil....I give credit when credit is due. You probably won't be hearing those words from me over at the LS forum because their is so little credit of importance worth mentioning. It's not what I have been saying but who I have been saying it about (because of their performance).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Powerful, flexible applications of necessity have a degree of complexity. But if most of the users can't find and use the most basic features with ease and speed, all those bells and whistles will only benefit a few.

I find CJ's stats app burdensome. In this situation I'm one of the many who can't be bothered becoming an expert in CJ's stats app. I'm not fluent in accounting. The old stats app worked fine for me. It's unfortunate that CJ didn't retain ease of use when they powered up the app.

Rhea,

Agreed. Like I've said here a few times, I wish CJ had left the old stats and initiated a Advanced Stats link for folks that wanted to delve a little deeper into their numbers. I'm still hopeful they are reading our comments here and will implement this quickly. This was an obvious complaint at LS after the Synergy Analytics fiasco and I think it is just as relevant here. Change is hard for most people. Providing a optional, advanced reporting feature for people to experiment with before making it manditory would only seem like a smart idea.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread