niche product - two tier program options ?
    Hello Forum folk,

I'm an affiliate for a merchant that has a niche product that retails from about $18,000 + per item, I recenently suggested that a two tier affiliate program might be a good way to get more affiliates into the program & increase brand visability/sales etc..(they UK based but get orders globally & are always looking to expand)

The merchant asked whom I'd recommend. I've read various view points in the forum & I've heard nothing but good stuff about shareasale & affiliatefuture over the years.
    Would the merchant be allowed to set up a two tier system within a managed solution ?

The affiliate program is currently based on a "per sale" basis via a lead capture e-mail form - each affiliate currently hosts with their own version of this form (rather than it being a mirror site)

I'm half thinking the merchant could just add a unique affiliate code to each of the forms that identifies the sender to the merchant as a "second tier affiliate" of a first & give out commissions accordingly - but is that an reliable way to track "leads" or could it get too complicated that way...?

views on Managed or Inde. appreciated

Washington D.C. Metro Area
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillo
    Would the merchant be allowed to set up a two tier system within a managed solution?
    Trillo, first of all, congratulations on your first post and welcome to ABW!

The answer to your question is - yes. You can set up one of these at Shareasale, for example.

Two-tier programs are okay, but some affiliates don't like them. The "Does 2-tier structure influence your decision of joining a program?" thread would be the one to study on this.

Thanks Geno, the other thread you mentioned has given me something to new to think about...

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread