Time Proven AdSense Tip - -> Clicks Get Crazy
    Hello,

This tip is not brand new, but I have seen only few web sites that use it properly. If you do everything as advised, your AdSense will get crazy clicks.

So, you have AdSense on your web site. You need to make one visual trick.

You put a relevant picture right above the AdSense box, better the picture to be exactly the size of AdSense or bigger. That's all, but it works. Explanation below.

Visually the eye looks at the picture, 'approves' of it, then reads relevant text below the picture and forces you to click. The key point here is to choose a good picture. The picture must be so attractive and very relevant to the topic of your AdSense.

EXAMPLE. You have a web site dealing in flowers. And you have 3 AdSense boxes at the bottom: the AdSense also deals with flowers. You put 3 pictures of flowers (good graphics, lovely looks, the desire to click is very strong). The illusion should work like AdSense is the text to the picture. if your eye 'trusted' the picture, your finger will click the text below.

You can do it with computers, clothes, furniture, games, CDs and DVDs, travel tickets, car insurances. If you matched the picture to AdSense text - your AdSense will get amazing clicks.

ABW Ambassador
    *smacks head on desk for about 50 reasons*

Talking
    LOL, I've been meaning to try that. :-)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I can't think of 50 reasons to smack my head over that, but it sure doesn't make me want to run over to AdWords as an advertiser and get out my CC. That's just one reason, but it could be a biggie if G decides the practice is making people too reluctant to bid.

On the other hand, as a publisher, I'm in business to make money...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    *smacks head on desk for about 50 reasons*

LOL LOL - thanks for the giggles, Chet. I needed to laugh. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I've seen this posted on a couple of other boards. Peeps say it works...haven't tried it yet.

Not sure if it breaks tos.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

It can work quite well and is not against TOS if the images are suitably generic and seperated from the ad block by a border. The main thing is if you're not sure to send an email to G and ask them to review it.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Actually, I think it does work, but maybe not for the exact reason explained above. According to some eye-tracking studies I've seen, people often actually SKIP the pictures and go directly to the text (which is the opposite of studies done for print publications). I agree that the picture draws the eye, but actually it simply draws it to the text near the picture (even better for this purpose when you think about it). The eye recognizes a picture is present, but only glances at the picture in the most superficial way, going directly to the text nearby in search of more concrete information for why this picture is important. It would be interesting to truly test out different pictures to see if the picture makes a difference or not (a true test, not an anecdotal one). In any case, it seems that the photos help in the end.

lol i try tht once... the results were horrible though. so i switched back to normal stand alone posters.

maybe i did somethin wrong...eh

I think you're absolutely right Trivum, choosing a picture that's in-tune with the site design but not that interesting combats "ad blindness" and gets people to look at the text.

The nice thing about AdSense is that you can experiment and have some numbers to analyze in short order...assuming you have the traffic to go with it.

Since I haven't had my coffee yet and I'm feeling generous, here's another tip: change something about your site design with respect to adsense often. Move an ad unit, change it's size, tweak a color. Just little things. If you have regular site visitors they will also quickly develop "ad block blindness" and stop looking at the ads. Just making small visual changes will cause a little more interest because somewhere back in their brain it remembers that it used to look a little different.

It's just like a sign that says "Eeet at Joes"...instead of ignoring it you look at it because your brain picks up on the spelling problem.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Quote Originally Posted by trivum
    Actually, I think it does work, but maybe not for the exact reason explained above. According to some eye-tracking studies I've seen, people often actually SKIP the pictures and go directly to the text (which is the opposite of studies done for print publications). I agree that the picture draws the eye, but actually it simply draws it to the text near the picture (even better for this purpose when you think about it). The eye recognizes a picture is present, but only glances at the picture in the most superficial way, going directly to the text nearby in search of more concrete information for why this picture is important. It would be interesting to truly test out different pictures to see if the picture makes a difference or not (a true test, not an anecdotal one). In any case, it seems that the photos help in the end.
    Trivum, did you make any tests about the visual techs? If yes, could you please share some experience here. This would be really interesting, as you seem to be not new to this field.

"It's just like a sign that says "Eeet at Joes"...instead of ignoring it you look at it because your brain picks up on the spelling problem."

crap, I didn't notice the mispelling the first time through...

Quote Originally Posted by martyogelvie
    "It's just like a sign that says "Eeet at Joes"...instead of ignoring it you look at it because your brain picks up on the spelling problem."

crap, I didn't notice the mispelling the first time through...
    I remember another trick. If you don't want people to look right into your eyes when you are walking in the street, get a T-shirt that has the picture of eyes at the chest. The eyes should look natural.

Trust my personal experience. People's eyes are attracted to that 'eyes' at your chest. Only 20-25% keep looking into the real eyes. And even they can't do anything but drop a glance at the chest from time to time.

ABW Ambassador
    "I remember another trick. If you don't want people to look right into your eyes when you are walking in the street, get a T-shirt that has the picture of eyes at the chest. The eyes should look natural."

Or you can grow boobs*

If you don't already have them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Or you can grow boobs* If you don't already have them.
    I prefer to look on other's. Maybe that's why girls with good equipment lack someone looking into their eyes first.

What about a T-shirt saying "Don't stare here. Look above for a change"?

saw a great t shirt once
    I was walking down the midway at a fair and saw a tshirt with a pretty small message that I still laugh about after 15 years.....

"Stop looking at mine, grow your own!"

* sighs *
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread