Detailed Analysis of Consolidated Payments
    I've spent a couple hours doing a detailed analysis of the consolidated payments I've received, looking for any sort of problems. I've compared payments to my earnings (from the "backdoor" version of the old Payment Reports). I've checked to make sure that bonuses were included. I've checked to make sure that merchants who show as paid on the new "Merchant Payment History" made it on my checks. Everything checks out.

I've received 100% of the money I'm owed for March and April. I've received 94% of the money I'm owed for May, with the most of the rest showing as having come in since the last consolidated payment. I've received 40% of the money I'm owed for June, with another 20% showing as having come in since the last consolidated payment.

The report I suggested last month would make this something that could be seen in minutes instead of hours.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

How in the world did you ever access the reports to figure all of that out?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Yes, my same question. I've never been able to figure mine out. Last check was bigger than I thought it should have been, check before that was smaller. I've just given up trying to figure out what I should be paid at LS and now only look at what amount has been mailed to me.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Michael,
    The report you suggested last month is great and something we've taken and modified slightly as a potential new report within the redesigned Network Transaction Analysis tab. I understand the importance of providing affiliates with a tool that streamlines the payment reconciliation process. I can't make any firm commitments yet but am hoping you'll be willing to give us feedback on all of the new design changes that we're considering.

Kelli

Ron, since the transaction reports are based on merchant transaction date and the merchant invoices/payments are based on process date (the date the merchant reports the transaction to us), your checks will never exactly match your transaction reports. Also, as I'm sure you know, merchants sometimes make adjustments to different payments when adding bonuses, etc. This has always been the case and you probably already know all of this but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

We are looking to see if we can provide some additional payment report data in Analytics that gives you insight into the payment and transaction detail which I know the old payment reports provided. I'll keep you posted on our efforts.

Kelli

Well, Michael seems to have found a way to verify his amounts. I'm just asking, and so is Leeann, just how one does that. I'd like to try (once SA is working again).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

It was a very manual process, and I'm sure there is more than one way to do it, but this is what I did:

1) I downloaded all of my old "Payment Reports" (through the back door documented in another post here on the LinkShare forum). I added a column for the Period and combined them all together. I removed the few merchants where the merchant pays directly. I deleted all of the columns except Merchant Name, Period, and Total. I sorted by Merchant Name and Period.

2) I downloaded all of the detail from all of the consolidated checks from Synergy Analytics, combined it into a single spreadsheet, removed all the columns except Merchant Name, Period, and Amount. I sorted by Merchant Name and Period.

3) I pasted the second spreadsheet columns (payments) to the right of the first ones (earnings). I went through and inserted cells to move payment rows down to match the earnings rows.

4) I printed a copy of the Merchant Payment History.

5) I went through the spreadsheet, making sure the earnings and payments matched and checking on the earnings that I hadn't been paid for, marking which ones the merchant paid after the last cutoff and which ones the merchant hadn't paid yet.

6) I sorted by period and added subtotals.

A new report would definitely make this much easier.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

A new report would definitely make this much easier.
    Now bold that for my sake.

No need. They already said they're working on one based on my suggestion. I really wish they would run the initial design by me so I can make sure their version isn't out in left field.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael, we're planning to run all of the new designs by you along with several other affiliates (assuming you're willing - I know you're extremely busy) before we start any development. We're still working on some basic mock-ups and aren't quite ready to send you anything yet. I can tell you that our current "work in progress" version of the summary commission report (which could change based on further feedback from the development team) looks very similar to your design with some minor tweaks and terminology changes.

Kelli

As a merchant I pull a daily transaction report and sum daily sales based on process date (that's how it is delivered). I do that to monitor the program and discover new affiliates making their first sale and reentry of parasites. The affiliate payment report reports based on transaction date so the two never agree. So why have such diversity in two important reporting mechanisms? It just creates extra work instead of a system to balance the account.

I'd love to contribute suggestions as Michael is doing. I've got a strong programming background and a BS in Computer Science. I'm more than qualified to help you improve this system. It's just unfortunate the system won't run on Mac. Please do something about your Firefox incompatibility. You're shutting entire segments of users out of this system.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I've got a strong background and am good at BS....
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Chuck,
    I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly but let me take a stab at clarifying the difference between merchant and affiliate reports as well as affiliate transaction vs. payment reports.

Merchant reports: In old reporting, you have the option to run your reports on either process or transaction date. Process date matches most closely with the monthly invoices and affiliate payment data because we invoice accordingly to what you've sent us for a given calendar month. Currently, SynergyAnalytics is based on transaction date only.

Affiliate reports: In old reporting and SynergyAnalytics, all reports (except the payment reports) are based on transaction date. Payment reports are based on what merchants send us in a given month. They don't necessarily match up. That has always been the case.

In SynergyAnalytics, this will eventually change so both affiliates and merchants will have transaction reports that match up with our invoicing (process date) logic.

Kelli

Scott,
    Thanks for offering to contribute. If you email me at kbeougher (at) linkshare (dot) com or PM me, I'd be happy to talk to you about being a part of the group that helps us validate some SynergyAnalytics design changes.

I do have some good news regarding the browser compatibility issue. Our 3rd party provider is releasing a new version that will support other browsers. I don't have a firm ETA yet because it has to be tested. However, I'm told this will be addressed. As soon as I have a timeframe, I'll share it.

Kelli

That's great news Kelli!!

I've sent you an email and I'm looking forward to a compatible version of this software.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    That's great news Kelli!!

I've sent you an email and I'm looking forward to a compatible version of this software.

- Scott
    I'm glad to see people who understand affiliate needs getting involved in the design.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread