Do we still have a 'projected payment' thingy?
    See thread title

Seems to be gone, unless it's buried somewhere else. Guess that wasn't a helpful tool. You didn't really use it, did you? CJ would never take away HELPFUL tools...

Andy

15 years and counting
    You don't have a 'projected payment' anymore but you can find something to replace the estimated payment:
    Pending Commissions
    It's in the "Run Reports" folder then "Transaction Reports" "Balance Detail"

Sarcasm?
    I loved the projected payment thing.
    It made me feel... alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    You don't have a 'projected payment' anymore but you can find something to replace the estimated payment:
    Pending Commissions
    It's in the "Run Reports" folder then "Transaction Reports" "Balance Detail"
    I don't think you mean the 'Pending Commissions'....
    You mean under the Balance Detail heading.. you have the ... WTF... it makes no sense in my case... unless I just had a whack load of reversals... which I have never had before...
    Crap Im confused again, Ill get back to you.

OK this is it:
    'Current Balance' = what you are about to get paid for, for July's efforts.
    'Pending Commissions' = what you have made so far in August

So, if the 'projected payment' thingy were still alive... it would say to me " Projected payment = what current system shows to be Current Balance "

15 years and counting
    That's correct.
    I'm getting confused too.

That's correct.
    Actually... that's not correct. The current balance is about 30% less than what it should be according to the extended transactions from June that are now due along with July's transactions, minus the extended transactions from July. It's wayyyy off. Pending commissions does not match the activity from August either. The extended transactions listed include those from July as well as August, the locked are from July, and the New are from who knows when (but appear to be from August). I better be getting more than what's listed in the pending commissions box.

15 years and counting
    Between the Pending Commissions, their details (New, Extended, Locked) and the Current Balance, we should be able to estimate our next payment.
    I've no idea how the calculation is done exactly. We can have extended payments up to 60 days.

payments
    that current balance keeps changing for me. btw, did anyone get their payments locked yet or debited from their balance? today is usually the 18th and usually people who get paid by check get it locked by now

All those numbers seem a bit off. Usually after Zappos reversals on the 10th, the balance is pretty steady but it's dropped another 15% of so since.

If CJ is going to be late with payments, sure hope they will send out notification of that or has it been mentioned in another thread?

I can't figure it out. The numbers are all off from what I had just about a week ago.

I LIKED the projected payment line.

Between the Pending Commissions, their details (New, Extended, Locked) and the Current Balance, we should be able to estimate our next payment.
    I've no idea how the calculation is done exactly. We can have extended payments up to 60 days.

Nope... wrong again... payments can be extended only 30 days, but add that on top of a July 1 transaction and suddenly you aren't getting paid for it until September 20 (80+ days later). Also, there is absolutely no way to estimate your payment based purely on the information displayed on the reports page. You'll need to figure out how much was extended back in June (first run a report to get all transactions with an event date in June, then look at the payment history from the payment status tab and subtract the detail from transactions actually paid from June (not extended transactions from May) to get the amount that was extended). Then add up all transactions with an event date in July, then subtract all extended transactions from July. That'll take at least 4 reports to accomplish, but everyone can figure out how much their payment SHOULD be. Now, what it ends up being (and when it gets issued) is apparently another story.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeMaw
    I can't figure it out. The numbers are all off from what I had just about a week ago.

I LIKED the projected payment line.
    I recorded my balance on August 11th before the upgrade and added all commissions earned from the 12th until now and it matches exactly down to the penny.

I believe it was posted elsewhere that your projected payment is the total current balance plus the "locked" amount in the pending commission section. The sum of these two is about what I expect my payment to be.

The commissions that are in the Current Balance section are what CJ has been paid for by merchants that have not yet been paid to you. The detail report you see when you click on it shows the reversals and a single summary payment from each merchant that is reported once a month as well as all the reversals that have occured since the last payment period.

One of the problems you will encounter if you try to run a report that would show where the status "locked" amount comes from is where to start. So I set the date range back to May 18th and presto the detailed report total matched the locked total.

I was not so lucky trying to run a report that matched any of the numbers in the current balance. I tried the status "closed" filter back to May 18th and it was too low and then April 26th and it was too high. So some closed items may have been paid in a previous payment.

Of course this is all speculation because the help manual says nothing and no one from CJ has explained anywhere how to figure out your projected payment or relevance of the sections.

It would be nice if CJ offered a Webex conference to show off this wonderful new interface so we wouldn't all be speculating here. Of course only a lucky 200 would probably get invited to that.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT

I believe it was posted elsewhere that your projected payment is the total current balance plus the "locked" amount in the pending commission section. The sum of these two is about what I expect my payment to be.

The commissions that are in the Current Balance section are what CJ has been paid for by merchants that have not yet been paid to you. The detail report you see when you click on it shows the reversals and a single summary payment from each merchant that is reported once a month as well as all the reversals that have occured since the last payment period.

One of the problems you will encounter if you try to run a report that would show where the status "locked" amount comes from is where to start. So I set the date range back to May 18th and presto the detailed report total matched the locked total.

I was not so lucky trying to run a report that matched any of the numbers in the current balance. I tried the status "closed" filter back to May 18th and it was too low and then April 26th and it was too high. So some closed items may have been paid in a previous payment.

Of course this is all speculation because the help manual says nothing and no one from CJ has explained anywhere how to figure out your projected payment or relevance of the sections.

It would be nice if CJ offered a Webex conference to show off this wonderful new interface so we wouldn't all be speculating here. Of course only a lucky 200 would probably get invited to that.
    Your first paragraph doesn't make any sense when you take into account the fact that you have to go back to May 18th (and up to August 18th) to get the "locked" total. Just because the current balance and locked balance happen to be "about" what you expect for your July payment doesn't make it so. That calculation gives me a total that is decently far off from what I know it is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Your first paragraph doesn't make any sense when you take into account the fact that you have to go back to May 18th (and up to August 18th) to get the "locked" total. Just because the current balance and locked balance happen to be "about" what you expect for your July payment doesn't make it so. That calculation gives me a total that is decently far off from what I know it is supposed to be.
    The locked transactions date from June 1st to July 31st. There are hundreds of transactions and they add exactly to the "locked" total. Extended transactions from previous month(s) will become locked later which is why you have to go farther back than July 1st.

Your current balance and locked total may be far off because you may have a merchant whose financial transaction has not reported yet. Click on the commissions value link in the current balance section and see if all your major merchants have posted and if the amounts that are posted are what you expect them to be. Also you will see all the reversals reported from this month.

ABW Ambassador
    That's correct.
    see, this new reporting is just ain't easy. and cj is confused too. looks like our payment this month will be delayed. they can't also figure out how much to pay us. LOL

What does this mean
    Why is my current balance ZERO

Numbers are for illustration purposes only.

Balance Detail
    Pending Commissions $9,999.99
    Current Balance $0.00
    Total $9,999.99

Pending Commissions
    New $3,333.33
    Extended $0.00
    Locked $6,666.66
    Total $9,999.99

Quote Originally Posted by KevinT
    The locked transactions date from June 1st to July 31st. There are hundreds of transactions and they add exactly to the "locked" total. Extended transactions from previous month(s) will become locked later which is why you have to go farther back than July 1st.

Your current balance and locked total may be far off because you may have a merchant whose financial transaction has not reported yet. Click on the commissions value link in the current balance section and see if all your major merchants have posted and if the amounts that are posted are what you expect them to be. Also you will see all the reversals reported from this month.
    Maybe so... and hopefully it will work someday, but the problem is still that we can't reasonably estimate our payment without running additional reports. It used to be a one click deal. Why should I have to figure out whether a merchant has paid CJ or not (interesting information though... does it show when CJ allows them to go on credit as well? That could be useful, though ominous, information).

My transactions from July 11th are still marked new. All the other stuff from July has locked along with June's extensions. Any idea what is special about the 11th?

It may have something to do with the new foundation - you are going to see some one time events or occurances this month that you will not see moving forwards. Once the dust settles you will get consistant information and the reporting will begin to provide more value. Change is not always easy - but we wouldn't introduce these changes if we didn't believe they would be helpful.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    but we wouldn't introduce these changes if we didn't believe they would be helpful.
    why does it have to be you?

we're the ones supposed to be using it and benefitting from it, and none of our feedbacks are being used or even heard (some were deleted, though logical and popular and no flaming was used in suggesting them)

tell your genius at cj to change, be a marketer this time and make the interface user-oriented not genius-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by mdaisy
    Why is my current balance ZERO

Numbers are for illustration purposes only.

Balance Detail
    Pending Commissions $9,999.99
    Current Balance $0.00
    Total $9,999.99

Pending Commissions
    New $3,333.33
    Extended $0.00
    Locked $6,666.66
    Total $9,999.99
    The current balance shows only the confirmed balance that has been carried forward from previous months' . Wait for the next month till 10th to have your transactions locked, then I believe the pending commissions will start showing in the current balance.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread