2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Angry LOL ..GigaGolf relies upon FLASH sales
    Get with all the studies GigaGolf. 90% of your site visitors exit before seeing one friggin page due to your retro kwell FLASH site. Exit the affiliate scene or design a sales site worth something other then a one way traffic dump.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I replaced them some 2 month ago because of that (and because of the overall LS issue...). They asked me why, I explained that the site is way too confusing, too slow and not navigation friendly. Even direct links to products take forever, with all the blinking, 'wooshing' from the left, 'wooshing' from the right etc...

Another sore point is their 'shop front' generator: all products are seemingly randomly slapped together in one looooong page, no way I can use that.

Of course since then nothing has changed

Coincidentally, today I got an email from their AM asking whether I had been paid in the last 2 month (apparently some residual cookie money came in I wasn't aware of - and of course I wasn't paid), so I gave him another friendly take on this and LS.
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Get with all the studies GigaGolf. 90% of your site visitors exit before seeing one friggin page due to your retro kwell FLASH site. Exit the affiliate scene or design a sales site worth something other then a one way traffic dump.

I fail to see why anyone would wait around for a Flash site to load up unless they live in a large city and have an EXTREMELY FAST connection.

Macromedia really has the suckers fooled.

Best,
    RadarCat

As the flash may be before its time, I must say I purchased my golf clubs from thier a couple of months ago and absolutley love them. I have better conversions with golfsmith.com however!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I fail to see why anyone would wait around for a Flash site to load up
    Bored with nothing better to do, typically describes my mood when lingering on Flashed sites.

But when I'm bored with nothing to do, I'm not in a shopping frame of mind, either. Flash IS actually pretty kewl--when looking for some entertainment...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread