Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    LinkShare restricting merchants from using GoldenCAN
    I applied to GoldenCAN on July 31st and was approved same day. I went to the site to test my account on a spare domain and couldn't find my merchant name listed. I have come to find out that LinkShare is restricting GoldenCAN from activating new merchants. I have sent a request to my LinkShare account manager to have my account activated.

Has any other merchants experienced this?

Any idea why this is?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Hopefully someone from GoldenCan or from LinkShare will pop in here and shed some light on this.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Do not accept this. You are the merchant, you are in charge of how you want to run your program. If you want to provide GoldenCan for your affiliates then you should be able to, who is LinkShare to get in the way. Last time I looked I saw 2 or 3 LS merchants so i don't know what the problem is.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    MODERATOR - move this the LinkShare forum so we can see if LinkShare will reply?

It's probably best here, since it's specific to GoldenCAN. I made a post on the LinkShare forum asking them to respond here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I emailed my AM at LinkShare and he is good about getting a response but it can take a while when it is out of his hands. I am demanding that they activate me or give me good cause as to why my account is being restricted.

I was planning to annouce that we had GoldenCAN available in my upcoming newsletter and am quite annoyed to find out that I can't. I spent some time looking at it and it fills a gap for affiliates who have requested a datafeed but do not want to use the Merchandiser. I fully understand the 4th click clause and feel that it is up to the affiliate to decide whether to use it or not. If I can show that we are increasing sales through GoldenCAN then we would be willing to pay for the service and remove the 4th click clause.

Thanks for the responses.

Anxious to hear what LS has to say. I'd think right now LS would be doing everything they could to please merchants and affiliates. This will certainly not go over well if they are holding everyone back.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I will defer to linkshare and or Asif to explain but suffice it to say that we are waitng as well for Szul to go live on GC....

I have been in contact with LS and while i have been given a reason, I am not at liberty to discuss at this time...

I will say however the reason given does not hold alot of water and can be worked around....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well my 2 Linkshare GoldenCan recipients for a dedicated Mall page are still Ladies in Waiting ... Andy & Chuckie sitting in a tree ....blah blah blah
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I've been on the phone with LS on behalf of Asif and say their reason is nothing short of horseshit!

Adam Weiss still owes me a call with the real reason.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Have to agree the reason being cited makes no real sense at all.

15 years and counting
    These idiots at LinkShare have not been able these last 8 years to come up with any tool for the affiliates but each time somebody come up with something helpful they try to kill him. It was the case for Afftrack and they released the worthless Synergy Analytics. So, I'm sure with Messer trying to push his merchandiser and dumping the fee for datafeed he has a plan to compete with Asif and don't want him to offer this service. I don't have a confidentiality agreement with LS, I don't know the truth and I'm just speculating.
    I'm not too happy to see LinkShare HIDING THE TRUTH and asking trusted people to don't talk to us. Who do they think they are?
    Last edited by Zeus; August 18th, 2005 at 03:50 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Did someone post the reason and I missed it?

Where oh where is that linkshare apologist?

Again I ask - when is the last time that linkshare did something FOR affiliates?

Chet

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I think it's a ridiculus reason and that active merchants and AMs here can't offer a tool to their affiliates just because they say so.

What country are we in? Who owns who around here?

Quote Originally Posted by chetf

Where oh where is that linkshare apologist?
    Oh, I like that one. Can I use it on my signature line?

Please!!!!

It's perfect...it says so much in so few words.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; August 18th, 2005 at 04:25 PM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    It's the merchants fault. You accept it by staying with a network that ties your hands in so many ways, exclusive contracts, what tools you can offer your affiliates etc. Take your program elsewhere. Go to CJ where they don't have these kind of restrictions, go indy or when you contract is up, jump on board with Malcolm and let's get a nice new clean Network started and get some real competition going.

Affiliate Manager Alan Townsend's Avatar
    I signed PersonalizationMall.com up with GoldenCAN several weeks ago and I wasn't required to approve it with LinkShare prior to doing so.

From a merchant's perspective, the more merchants that sign up with GoldenCAN, the better. Affiliates who use GoldenCAN can easily join our program while they're signing up for other merchant programs and begin offering our complete product line on their websites. It's really a win-win situation for everyone involved - affiliates, merchants, the affiliate network and GoldenCAN. Everyone I've talked to about GoldenCAN, including my LinkShare rep, feel the same way.

I'm behind GoldenCAN 100%. In fact, Asif will be making a GoldenCAN presentation at PersonalizationMall.com's next online affiliate meeting. BTW - I just sent Asif an email with a link to this thread. He's VERY responsive and I'm sure will make every effort to explain the current situation with LinkShare.

Regards,
    Alan Townsend
    Marketing Manager
    PersonalizationMall.com

hmmmmm, just about out of and looks like LinkShare is ignoring this one until tomorrow.

It sounds like many of the merchants know what the reason is. I think this is a subject LS needs to be answering as GoldenCan may simply have their hands tied on this one.

Errrrr, you [LS Moderator] are going to respond to this, right? This is another one of those "communication" issues that should be done correctly as I have been saying.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Internet Cowboy
    I'm sure that LinkShare sees it as competition for their $250 fee for datafeed access, a $250 fee that they claim only covers their costs. I guess this proves that it does more than covers their costs because if that were the case, they would not care about losing the $250.
    Hey LinkShare...care to comment? Or will you continue to hide behind your 'communication problem'?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    It's the merchants fault. You accept it by staying with a network that ties your hands in so many ways, exclusive contracts, what tools you can offer your affiliates etc. Take your program elsewhere.
    I agree with that part!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

Perhaps we need a thread in the merchant forum to discuss "what we're not at liberty to discuss in public" to see if we all have the same item? I have 6 merchants waiting to go live on GoldCan and I know that LS are presently not giving Asif access to more than 2 Merchandiser feeds from LinkShare, that said Asif could get around this by using merchants external feeds but has chosen not to in order to keep things structured at his end, which does make sense.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Good morning LinkShare... care to reply and let us know why you seem to be against enabling affiliate selling tools? Isn't that a prime goal of yours?

I guess I'm the only one who see LS's side in this. GoldenCan is redistributing (essentially) a datafeed that LinkShare charges for, and getting paid for it. I can understand why they'd be against it.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I thought LS was not charging for their feed any more (or were there some limitations). If LS can be flexible with that after all the years folks paid for it, why can't they be flexible here. Don't they still get their commission on all sales?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast