Is Commission Junction dead in the water?
    Hi All,

I was just wondering what's working at CJ?... I'm having a hard time getting in; and it seems nothing is tracking; and I couldn't make it to the link maker?... Is this happening to everyone or just me.

Thanks for the Help and Time.

Love You,
    HumbleFish
    Last edited by HumbleFish; August 18th, 2005 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

I've gotten in several times today but it is very slow and I keep getting logged out. They are aware of it but I have no heard any updates today about their progress.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    i bet it has all to do with affiliates clicking 20 times as many as before in bringing up reports.

Well I've egotten the equivalent of one day's sales during the 7 day period that this thing has been going on.

That was expected though.

I have noticed that I don't get any sales during the day (which is very unusual) and then then all come in during the late afternoon and evening. Yeah, it could be a bad week, but I did notice it just the same.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I can log in fine but there's not much to look at. I have one reversal for the day and no sales.

So I'm gonna be a sappy optimist this time and believe they're so busy balancing accounts so they can pay us that they've had to delay posting transactions.

ABW Ambassador
    My number of clicks don't seem to be updating, has anyone noticed this? Also, if there are any sales, they sure as heck aren't showing up either.

15 years and counting
    Don't expect to see sales from 9:00AM PST to 4:00PM PST or just by burst (When CJ techies have a pause). We have a hard time to log in, merchants can't work... There's no room left for reporting.
    I'm seen sales and batch sales (a first since the update) this morning before 9:00AM PST.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I haven't been able to log in since late last night.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

My sales are also quite a bit lower than usual. Never know if it is normal fluctuation or reporting. Instead of saying reporting might be effected, I iwsh they would day that your sales are definitely not what they should be.

To make matters worse, I launched a major new iniative last Thursday. Perfect Timing.

Take a look at the 7-day EPC charts for any of the major CJ merchants. You will see:

1. a giant EPC gap around Aug 12/13. - remember- this is a 7-day average. Looks like we flushed a lot of money down the toilet that day. I know I did. Does CJ care? Todd?

2. a steady extreme meltdown of EPC starting around Aug 1 for many merchants. The 7-day EPC is 1/3 of the 30 day for many high-volume merchants.

My conversion ratio was lower than average on the 13th and 14th. I'm not sure it's low enough to say that there was definitely a problem, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi
    Take a look at the 7-day EPC charts for any of the major CJ merchants. You will see:

1. a giant EPC gap around Aug 12/13. - remember- this is a 7-day average. Looks like we flushed a lot of money down the toilet that day. I know I did. Does CJ care? Todd?

2. a steady extreme meltdown of EPC starting around Aug 1 for many merchants. The 7-day EPC is 1/3 of the 30 day for many high-volume merchants.
    I too saw lower than average sales on the 12th-13th, but things have been pretty normal since then, enough to think that any anomolies now might be related to shady merchants abusing the situation at CJ and then blaming any low performance on CJ. Who wants to bet that's going on?

Howdy All,

Thanks for all the input... It seems to be working this morning: I was able to get in and do a little work... As far as my sales go they're normal: I don't have any... Bummer. Well, I better get back to work.

Take care and Love You,
    HumbleFish

Actually my sales have incresed drastically for cj.com. The one thing I dont undersatnd is why would you not have the system beta tested for several months before launching?, this goes for linkshare and cj.com

Well, most of the time when I try to join a new advertiser, I get the time out. Also, I make sales, but cannot know what sold... the products search has not worked for awhile. I think they should have gotten the new system ready OFFLINE first and tested it, then implement it. This looks like a lot of folks got their hair caught in a washer machine and are all tangled up together. Maybe CJ can find ONE good programmer instead of maybe 10 cheaper employees who are trying but can't do the programming. Less is sometmes better. One knowledgeable person should be able to untangle the miasme morbide. I have noticed that other affiliate programs, such as LS, are also tied in to the COMPLICATED is better viewpoint. No; complicated is not better. SIMPLIFY. Learn to simplify. The employees are doubtless being paid by the hour and they are creating useless complexities in order to earn more pay . Pay by the JOB, not the hour, and tell the guy to SIMPLIFY. You don't need an MBA to know this stuff. Simple is better.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread