Third Party Consolidated Reporting
    I know I'm beating a dead horse by bringing up AffTrack, but I would like to know if LinkShare allows or supports any third party consolidated reporting?

As an affiliate who works with hundreds of merchants, LinkShare merchants are at a distinct disadvantage when I can view stats for all of my other merchants in AffTrack but not my LinkShare merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ditto.

Especially when it is so hard to find the reports we want. Also, by using AffTrack you, as a professional affiliate marketer, can easily compare programs and make sound business decisions.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

This quote is from another thread, but it seems to apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    If in the end a merchant or affiliate wants to work with a technology partner outside of working with us, which for the above reasons we would discourage, we will not stop them.
    Great! So what do I need to do to get my LinkShare merchants included in AffTrack.com, then?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ahhh, there is hope afterall. Great.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I doubt the AffTrack bots are running IE 6.0 and above in order to access Synergy, so unless Linkshare creates an open API for reporting we may be out of luck.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Bump...

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    If in the end a merchant or affiliate wants to work with a technology partner outside of working with us, which for the above reasons we would discourage, we will not stop them.
    Great! So what do I need to do to get my LinkShare merchants included in AffTrack.com, then?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Michael,
    The GC post didn't imply or state that we would help people get around security mechanisms that we've put in place for good reasons. We certainly won't encourage anyone to break our security mechanisms. I've stated that we discourage working around us and our technology because no one can assume they know everything about the way our technology works. If we find someone who is doing something that puts our Network at risk, we will have to take action. Afftrack was a good example of that.

Any third party that wants to build on top of our technology needs to approach us directly. There is a methodical process we will follow in deciding if a partnership makes sense. This is standard business practice.
    Kelli

ABW Ambassador
    "There is a methodical process we will follow in deciding if a partnership makes sense."

Who decides that? Linkshare or affiliates? What if it made sense to the affiliate and not Linkshare? Linkshare would say it doesn't matter what affiliates want because it doesn't make sense to us?

Let me repeat the parts of my original question that you didn't address.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I would like to know if LinkShare allows or supports any third party consolidated reporting?

As an affiliate who works with hundreds of merchants, LinkShare merchants are at a distinct disadvantage when I can view stats for all of my other merchants in AffTrack but not my LinkShare merchants.
    I would be willing to switch to just about any third party consolidated reporting provider if it could handle all of my merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread