Results 1 to 5 of 5
August 18th, 2005, 03:13 PM #1New Merchant Payment History Critique
I took a look at the new Merchant Payment History in Synergy Analytics the other day, and thought I would pass on my observations and see if anyone had anything else to add.
First off, let me just say that it's a very good implementation. It does almost everything the old one did and is very intuitive. The complaints I have are relatively minor.
1) Instead of showing data for all merchants, I think it only shows data for some subset of merchants that I've joined. I'm not 100% sure what the criteria is. It shows some merchants that I have joined but have never promoted. It doesn't show one merchant who pays me directly (but pays most of their other affiliates through consolidated payments). Some affiliates use this report to see how quickly merchants pay before they decide to promote them. It should really display all merchants, like the original one does/did. Or let us choose all or just our active merchants, but if you do that you should default to one or the other and let us choose to see the other report if we want. (Don't make us choose if we want the default.)
2) Instead of showing "Payment Received on July 29, 2005", you should be more clear and say "Payment Cleared on July 29, 2005". Or, even better, show "Paid: 7/22/05 Cleared: 7/29/05".
3) Load the old data back through March. It shouldn't take a temp more than a few days to go through the bank statements or other records and enter everything.
4) Enter the real dates going forward. Everything that made it onto the most recent consolidated check says "July 29, 2005". I know every merchant's check didn't come in on the same day.
5) If you're considering any enhancements, you might want to add a column that shows the average number of days that it has taken the merchant to pay. For instance, OmahaSteaks.com paid June on 7/29, so they would be "29 days". Sharper Image paid April on 7/29 (90 days) and May on 8/2 (63 days), so they would be "76.5 days".
August 18th, 2005, 03:21 PM #2
I agree with you Michael. In the old reports they used to list all the merchants, now I only see a handful of the ones I am affiliated with. Also I wonder why they don't have "July" up yet - after all we are more than half-way through August. By this time (under the old reporting) July would have been available. :
August 18th, 2005, 03:29 PM #3
- Join Date
- January 18th, 2005
First time I'm seeing the "Merchant Payment History"
At least there's no graph, it's already a good point.
and my merchants paying me directly are there.
That's a long list. No major complaint.
August 18th, 2005, 05:11 PM #4Thanks for the feedback and good questions. I'll try and address as many of the questions/comments as possible. I'm still working to get clarification on a couple of points.
1)Yes, the old report showed all merchants partnered with a particular affiliate. This report is showing a subset. I'm working to confirm the current logic and to see if we can move to the old logic. Please keep in mind that all of this is driven off of a completely new payment system, since the launch of consolidated payment, so it's not necessarily a SynergyAnalytics issue and not always as simple to rebuild (according to identical old report logic) as it might seem.
2)I'll see if we can change the terminology from "received" to "cleared".
3)We can't reload the old *received date* data back through March. That date was never captured in our payment system. Prior to the 29th, it was entered in batches according to the payment schedule. Now, we record that date when the payment is posted (cleared) by us. Without going into more detail on our payment system, the bottom line is that we won't be investing resources in rebuilding this history which we didn't capture in our system. Any payments received prior to the 29th should have been included in the 8/3 payment file so the money is now in hand.
4)We are entering the real *cleared* date. The reason you see so many payments with a 7/29 date is that we bend our clearing requirements on the last day of every month. On the last business day of each calendar month, we assume the risk and clear any merchant payments received. We do this so that merchants get the financial benefit (credited payment processing fees I've mentioned before) of paying "on time". Affiliates also get the benefit by receiving as much commission as possible in that first monthly consolidated payment. Because of this, you will always see a cluster of payments "received/cleared" around the last day of each month. We can only post one date which in our case is the cleared date.
I'm working on getting an answer to the July invoice period question.
August 19th, 2005, 07:12 AM #5
Thanks for the response and updates!
Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
By Snowman in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 0Last Post: June 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
By Snowman in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 6Last Post: July 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM
By melty in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 1Last Post: June 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
By melty in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 5Last Post: May 11th, 2006, 11:36 AM
By Zeus in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LSReplies: 11Last Post: September 6th, 2005, 10:57 PM