Program Expired. Do we get notified when programs are expired?
    Hello,

I have an advertiser that we did not generate any sales for in the last 6 months, apperently that advertiser has been expired.

Do you notify the publisher of expired advertisers, if so, where do I find this information.

Secondly, if an expired advertisers program is applied for a second time, are the links from the first relationship still valid?

Thanks in advance for your time
    WYD

You should receive a deactivated advertiser email notice if a merchant's program is closed or suspended, or if a merchant ahs chosen to expire its relationship with you.

If a deactivated program is reactivated, old links will still be valid, as they are tracked by merhcant program ID number.

I discovered the hard way that some send the emails to you in the internal CJ email, but not to your regular email box.

If you go to GET LINKS, then click BY RELATIONSHIP, and finally select the ADVERTISER EXPIRED tab, you'll see any and all programs that have been terminated by advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    You should receive a deactivated advertiser email notice if a merchant's program is closed or suspended, or if a merchant ahs chosen to expire its relationship with you.

If a deactivated program is reactivated, old links will still be valid, as they are tracked by merhcant program ID number.
    I called the advertiser directly, and was told that CJ automatically expires publishers who do not generate sales for a 6 month period.

Is this so with all advertisers or just advertisers who select this feature?

I never heard of such a thing. I have a few publishers up that I haven't gotten around to cleaning off. I'm pretty sure it has been longer than 6 months since some of them produced and they are still active.

I think, perhaps, the advertiser is misinformed.

If that's the case, it sounds like it may be a merchant-specific setting to do this automatically. Or the merchant may be alluding to the fact that CJ purges publishers who do not make any sales at all, for any merchant, in the first 6 months.

If a publisher does not generate at least one commission within the network (for any advertisers they are joined to), they will get deactivated if the have less than $10.00 USD in their acount. If they have more than $10.00 USD, they are debited a $10.00 inactive fee and allowed to remain in the network. This is not an advertiser selected feature - it is a network wide feature.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Maybe it's because you are a spammer? You should stop posting your links where it's unwanted and maybe some stores will warm up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    If a publisher does not generate at least one commission within the network (for any advertisers they are joined to), they will get deactivated if the have less than $10.00 USD in their acount. If they have more than $10.00 USD, they are debited a $10.00 inactive fee and allowed to remain in the network. This is not an advertiser selected feature - it is a network wide feature.
    Thanks Todd, If you could email me directly I would like to let you know about the situation.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsyourdeal
    Thanks Todd, If you could email me directly I would like to let you know about the situation.

Thanks.
    Feel free to PM with details.
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    Maybe it's because you are a spammer? You should stop posting your links where it's unwanted and maybe some stores will warm up to you.
    ReallyBigGuy,

If a link was posted that you feel was spam, then I encourage you to contact our staff through our website directly.

Or feel free to contact me directly.

Kim at whatsyourdeal.com

Thank you all for your help and answers in this situation.

I appreciate your time and thank you for your input.

Kim

Feel free to PM with details.

I have not posted enough on the site to permit PMs

Long time reader, short time poster.

Please email me

kim at whatsyourdeal.com

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    From a slightly different angle it is sometimes the case that the merchant deactivates the affiliate (partner) from their program. This can be for a whole range of reasons from not playing by the rules through to poor performance.
    James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

Quote Originally Posted by James - JobsInSports
    From a slightly different angle it is sometimes the case that the merchant deactivates the affiliate (partner) from their program. This can be for a whole range of reasons from not playing by the rules through to poor performance.

We just never really promoted the company that deactivated us. Thought we would give it a shot, only to find it was deactivated because of inactivity.

Situation RESOLVED.

Todd,

I thank you for your time in quickly and effeciently handling this situation.

Its amazing how one comment can send your mind running with a million different scenerios.

For those who have been following this thread..

Here is the exact situation.

We had not published much from X10, we had 6 months without generating click-throughs or sales activity. X10 removed us from their program because of inactivity. I spoke with Raul at X10 who claimed this was an automated CJ feature. Which got me wondering about other advertisers where no sales have been generated in the last 6 months. I have been assured that this is done on a manual basis through the advertiser, and not an automated system through CJ.

We have since Re-applied to X10, have been accepted, all links are now up and tracking properly!

Again thank you all for your help.

ReallyBigGuy, I still have not heard directly from you regarding your accusation, therefore I will dismiss the comment completely.

Moderator: Feel free to close this thread, as the issue has been completely resolved.

I believe the time-frame allowed for the transaction to occur prior to termination of account is six months. Plz correct if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by affiliate4all
    I believe the time-frame allowed for the transaction to occur prior to termination of account is six months. Plz correct if I am wrong.
    Correct sorry for the omission
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by whatsyourdeal
    ReallyBigGuy,

If a link was posted that you feel was spam, then I encourage you to contact our staff through our website directly.

Or feel free to contact me directly.

Kim at whatsyourdeal.com
    I'm not doing your research, and you should already know where you are spamming.

Its only a matter of time before more people complain to the stores about these activities, and people like you are kicked out completely from the affiliate programs altogether.

Research? Again you are making baseless accusations. It is sad that a competitor (I am definitely assuming that you are) would stoop so low as to do this.

I am sorry if your site is not doing well, but don't think that making false accusations is going to boost your sales or decrease ours.

I will not engage in any of this chidish banter anymore.

I wish you luck on your endeavors.

If you must know, and I don't know how you don't remember spamming them consistantly, here are a few I recall offhand, Anandtech, Woot, Midnightbox and bicyclism Yahoo Group.

And for the record, I do not compete with you.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread