Just a tip
    If you run into a problem you can't solve, might wanna check out http://mysitethatItriedtospamABWwith.com and find a site for you to find a programmer....
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; August 18th, 2005 at 09:34 PM. Reason: removed the link

A tip? LMFAO!

You want a tip?

Don't make posts like this ... it looks like

See the banner above? That's an ad, not
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

It may look like spam but its' not - just trying to post a link that I found rather useful.

And why the link goes to a dead end(not working) ? Is it just me?

Strange post, I can't find usefulness here!

ABW Ambassador
    Read the "URL" carefully.

ABW Ambassador
    >Read the "URL" carefully.

I let that domain expire in 2002
    jezzzzzz

Haiko: Had you not so disrespectfully modified my post I would have kept this to PMs.

What do you expect me to do when I find a site that I find useful, huh? Keep it to myself or share it with the community? Would you rather me not post links to useful sites? I know this forum has people who need programmers as well as programmers who I'm sure'd like some extra cash. I ran across this site cause I'm developing a freelance web site myself and I thought it'd be a good site to share cause I haven't seen a site like it.

I suggest you practice more patience/investigation before you go accusing members of things and editing their posts without reason.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    And I'd suggest that you be respectful of the rules here.

Starting discussing such a decision on the board, will get you either a ban-warning or banned (in our sole discretion). If you feel that you have be treated wrongly, please contact us via this form and we will look into it and review the situation and any/all circumstances
    Keeping it to PMs is exactly what you should have done.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'd also like to point out that programmers, breaking into the affiliate scene, are comprised of many cybercriminals hawking their coding capabilities to kill this industry while enriching themselves. Automating advertising BOTS has only one purpose ...Browser and SERP spam games. This week rogue programmers are waging war on Corporate systems and online shoppers on behalf of the Adwhores who adopt automation to turn computers into Ad machines.

http://news.com.com/Watch+out+for+wo...47.html?tag=nl
    "The recent surge in worms could be part of an underground battle to hijack PCs for use in Net crimes, some security experts say--but others aren't convinced.

Signs of a turf war between cybercrooks lie in the behavior of the worms that have emerged since Sunday, said Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer at F-Secure, a Finnish security software company.

The dozen or so worms and variants all exploit a security hole in the plug-and-play feature in the Windows 2000 operating system. But some versions undo the effects of earlier worms, suggesting that the creators are battling to take over computers that others have already compromised, Hypponen said. "We seem to have a botwar on our hands," Hypponen said Wednesday. "There appear to be three different virus-writing gangs turning out new worms at an alarming rate, as if they were competing to build the biggest network of infected machines."

The first worm, dubbed Zotob, appeared on Sunday and appeared to have faded Monday. However, several Zotob offshoots and another new worm, Bozori, were subsequently unleashed. New versions of pre-existing threats Rbot, Sdbot, CodBot and IRCBot also began wriggling their way into computers. Systems at CNN, ABC and The New York Times were hit.

The worms include "bot" code, or a program that lets the attacker control a compromised system remotely. Criminals have typically organized these hijacked systems in networks called "botnets." These botnets are rented out to relay spam and launch phishing scams, which attempt to steal sensitive personal data for fraud. Botnets have also been used to mount denial-of-service attacks against online businesses targeted by extortion schemes, experts have said.

CNET security center
    Zotob prevention and cure
    New worms attack vulnerable Windows machines.The outbreak has a financial motive, according to Sophos, an antivirus company based in Abingdon, England. "Organized criminal gangs are behind attacks like these, and their motive is to make money. Owning a large network of compromised computers is a valuable asset to these criminals," said Graham Cluley, the senior technology consultant at Sophos.

http://news.com.com/Week+in+review+W...3-5838953.html
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Those programmers...they're such an evil bunch!
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW Ambassador
    Talking evil programmers
    were not allowed to touch the 3113 word, 21789 character index page of that site about:

Overstock clearence items, Cybermall, Sony Vaio notebooks,Fuji Finepix cameras, HP computers,Bali Bras, discounted computers, Pro sports memorbelia, Scooters and Bikes, Overstock specials,RC hooby kits,discount travel, TigerDirect Computers,wholesale club shopping, Intel Pentium 4 systems, custom built clones, bonsai trees,SOHO office equipment, IBM thinkpads, Bonsai trees,color laser printers, AMD systems, fashions, sportswear,CyberMalls, clearance merchandise, AMD systems, closeout computers, discount computers, refurbished systems, Sony Notebooks,IBM, Compaq, computer closeouts,shopping center,shopping, Cybermalls, Outlet shops, closeout computers, electronics, toys, pharmacy, drugstore, discount Travel, digital cameras, demo computers, fashions, jewelry, books, classified ads, auctions, home electronics, furniture, computer closeouts, wholesale electronics, computer games, videos, music, books, notebooks, IBM notebooks, Compaq systems,Wholesale Clubs, office supplies, graphics designers, Michigan shopping centers, affiliate tracking, software, computer consulting,web site designers, software, Cybermalls, shopping centers, online gambling, closeout computers,designer fashions,chat rooms,wholesale club,travel, Visa Credit cards,sun glasses, watches, jewelry,personal Ads,Classified Ads,live auctions,gardening supplies,home and office furniture,furniture,printers,monitors,Pentium systems,flower shops, books,music CDs,storefront merchants, realestate companies, furniture suppliers, educational products, home improvements, landscaping, online banking, optical supplies, hobby shops, golfing,electronics, home sterios, home appliances, health products, computer dealers and VARs, computer systems,auctions and classified ads,psychics, resorts, sporting goods, video conferencing, telephony suppliers, software, CAD systems, flower shops, boating, marine products, home furnishings, communication products, merchant storefronts,web site designers, web hosting, graphic designers, notebook computers, printers, monitors, wholesale distributors, graphics art galleries,telephony consultants, clone builders,internet cybermall, online merchants, cyber shopping, internet shopping center, wholesale computers, computer resellers and VARS, notebook computers, name brand computers, graphic artists, web site developers, web page designers, graphics artists, web site hosting services, frontpage 98 hosting, e-commerce stores, shopping carts, Acer open, NEC, sony products, digital cameras, webphones, IP telephony systems, teleconferencing, video conferencing, system integrators, electronic commerce shops, shopping online, classified ads, online auctions, cybermalls, cyber shops, shopping center, computer consultants, web page designers, art gallery, software, music stores,

Had I not been publicly humiliated I would not have kept it in the public. The appropriate response was to send me a PM before taking any actions and then once the research was done, evidence brought forth, the situation should be dealt with.

What happend was he looked at a PM I sent "webworker". The truth is this is a friend of mine's web site. He'd just set it up and I wanted to help him out by sharing the link. Bottom line is, it's a helpful link. Yes you can call it spamming if you'd like, but truthfully my purpose behind posting the link was to help out this community.

And I'd suggest that you be respectful of the rules here.

Quote:
    Starting discussing such a decision on the board, will get you either a ban-warning or banned (in our sole discretion). If you feel that you have be treated wrongly, please contact us via this form and we will look into it and review the situation and any/all circumstances

Keeping it to PMs is exactly what you should have done.
    Is there a form like this for admins/moderators who need to contact a user before taking any action?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Had I not been publicly humiliated I would not have kept it in the public.
    I don't believe I read "public humilation" as a conditional clause in ABW's TOS.

The appropriate response was to send me a PM before taking any actions and then once the research was done, evidence brought forth, the situation should be dealt with.
    That's not the boards policy with regards to spam.

The truth is this is a friend of mine's web site.
    Ahhhhh....so there we have it. You spammed your friend's site and not your own site, so it's ok. No..it's still

I'm now closing this thread because it's more than outlived its usefulness.

14. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread