Always check emailed links
    Just noticed that Toshiba's newsletter is filled with links to someone else's ID!

No idea how this has been going on, but they dont say anywhere to change the ID, the text boxes are very small, so i never really notced it until i pasted the url out and into my db.

Sigh.. honest mistake or screwing affiliates, no idea, but explains my lack of sales for the past few weeks (maybe months??)

Learn from my mistake, put a yellow sticky up to double check those "convenient" emails with pre-generated links!

it has happened many times before; probably just a goof-up on someone's part

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll make sure the client and account team are notified so this doesn't happen again. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

Kelli

I can't check private messages yet (no idea how many posts I have to force myself to do to get access). Sorry.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Okay, if you're willing to email me (kbeougher (at) linkshare (dot) com) the actual email that contained the incorrect affiliateIDs along with your LinkShare username, I would really appreciate it. Just want to figure out what went wrong and make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Kelli

Ok Done.

Funny thing.. I suggested to the Toshiba contact person (via email) that they let affiliates know of the error.. haven't received any sort of notification yet.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Toshiba Newsletters are correct
    FYI - I researched all of the Toshiba newsletter emails and found that SITE.CODE was included in all of the newsletters (which would in-turn pick up each respective affiliate code). I have also uncovered that the people having this problem, maybe didn't realize that the code they were seeing is from another affiliate account (that they also own).

I was out of the office on Friday, so I appoligize if my response wasn't provided sooner.

Thanks,
    Katrina

Smile
    The first newsletter I sent out, I did that exact thing. Glad I caught it right away. I resent the newsletter with [SITE.CODE] in the html coding.

I would guess it was an honest mistake.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread