Google AdSense's new Link Unit format
    I haven't seen anyone comment on the new Link Unit ad format at AdSense. For those who don't know about it, it's a series of text links going to a page of ads on that topic. Publishers don't get paid for the clicks on their site, but they do get paid for clicks on the page of advertising.

I wonder if the clicks on those ad pages will pay more? Seems they might, since there would be a high level of interest on the part of the visitor, having to click twice to get to the advertisers actual site. Or, if they're bored, they could just click on an ad to continue their surfing from that point...

Has anyone been able to determine the effectiveness of this format? I'm not sure how long it's been available, I just noticed it today.

Andy

Andy They have been around for a few weeks now. You may even see them in your favorite forum

As for how good they are is still to be determined. For me they stink but I havent used them effectively just yet. My web site design templetes doesn't compliment the way they should be used. Some people have raved about them though but to tell ya the truth I don't belive them.

The horizontal bar format works pretty good sometimes as a placement between articles and the vertical format does ok in a spot that has navigation links nearby. But I haven't been overwhelmed with the earnings on either one of them.

I heard someone raving about putting a 468 adlink unit over a google search box but haven't tried that one yet.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Andy They have been around for a few weeks now. You may even see them in your favorite forum
    DOH!

There are so many different variations, it's hard to recognize some of them.

So far, I'm not impressed with the click through rate on them - I added them to just one section to see how they perform. It will be easy enough to change them out if they don't do better than they have. I'm giving them one week, and then they go! So far I'm on the side that doesn't believe the people raving about them.

Thanks everyone.

Andy

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread