Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Advanced sale???
    Can anyone enlighten me... what does "advanced sale" mean in the CJ stats?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

For me, all the ebay bids are categorised as advance sales, understandably so.
    Though it doesn't look as if any terms are changed, just a reporting change maybe.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Beats me but most of my sales now say "advance sale."
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks for responding, guys!! I just saw one today that reads advanced and hadn't seen it before. As long as I get paid ... ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

15 years and counting
    For me "advanced sale" means the merchant is using the new &cjsku=1234567 at the end their links and before the &sid=whatever. With &cjsku= we can check the product SKU.
    Nobody is talking about this new feature. It's a way for CJ to give us back some information about what is sold.

I can't find anything related in the help section. They have a definition for: Advanced Links
    "A category of advanced functionality links. Link types in this category include Interactive Link and Dynamic Content Link."
    Last edited by Zeus; August 22nd, 2005 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks Zeus! I saw the SKUs in my reports but didn't feel like searching the merchant's site to figure out wtf sold. Could have been anything in a collection of thousands. Duh ... I'd love to know what products are selling. We all should have that information to better sell merchant's wares but giving us the SKU isn't very helpful. It's a step in the right direction though.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

15 years and counting
    Maybe we're going to see somewhere the correlation between SKU and Product Designation, Description. Maybe it's a next step for CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    If CJ gives us the product description, sku etc in the reports so we know what sold, it would be good.

15 years and counting
    I'm not too sure how it will be implemented. If it's like now "&cjsku=" in a link it's giving us what product the visitor clicked on to enter the merchant site so it's just an automatic "&sid=" done by the merchant. But if the merchant use it during the check out it can give us what was sold.
    We have to wait for CJ to give us an official explanation.

I really like the new SKU reporting. It's not very difficult to look up the item if you have the datafeed. You just need to run an SKU search query on your database. A couple very important merchants are now giving me this information and I love knowing what I sold.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

CJ used to offer individual product information, you got the same info on individual products that you now get on link performance. It even used to have reversal data, but that too was removed because "this information is reflected in the EPC figures for the merchant."

Go figure. Just the very tools we need to make educated decisions about what to promote, based on what is selling, and it's removed! It would seem CJ is moving in the wrong direction.

I sure seem to be doing a lot of clicking to new pages. Wonder what these new reports are doing to the server loads? Perhaps the new reports are a bit of a resource hog? They're sure slow enough.

Andy

That looks like it. My "Advanced Sales" show Skus. My "Sales" don't. Cool! Should be useful information.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    CJ used to offer individual product information, you got the same info on individual products that you now get on link performance. It even used to have reversal data, but that too was removed because "this information is reflected in the EPC figures for the merchant."

Go figure. Just the very tools we need to make educated decisions about what to promote, based on what is selling, and it's removed! It would seem CJ is moving in the wrong direction.

I sure seem to be doing a lot of clicking to new pages. Wonder what these new reports are doing to the server loads? Perhaps the new reports are a bit of a resource hog? They're sure slow enough.

Andy
    Andy,

I didn't know CJ used to offer product information. They just now started offering it for me. What do you mean?

Reports seem as quick as they did before. The new layout is starting to grow on me. I really like the popout report generator. Now I can go from one report to the next without loading an intermediary page.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I really like the new SKU reporting. It's not very difficult to look up the item if you have the datafeed. You just need to run an SKU search query on your database. A couple very important merchants are now giving me this information and I love knowing what I sold.

- Scott
    Aha - one must have a data feed to decipher this new reporting info ... I don't. :-) But it IS a very good feature and a step in the right direction.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread