Are impressions each ad or ad unit?
    So are the impressions the total number of ads that appear or the number of times the "ad unit" is displayed?

Thanks,
    Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

An impression is the display of an ad "block"
    An impression is the display of an ad block, whether it contains 1 or 5 individual ads. This explains why the numbers are different for AdWords and AdSense: in AdSense, an impression is counted for the entire ad block, while for AdWords, each individual ad unit counts as an impression for the advertiser. Thus, Google can deliver 3 or 4 AdWords impressions for each AdSense impression -- which could be a big deal now that Google sells CPM advertising in addition to PPC! (Of course, clicks are clicks anywhere.)

from adsense faq:
    What is an ad unit impression?
    Ad unit impressions are counted each time an AdSense ad unit or link unit is loaded by a user's browser. There can be multiple ad unit impressions logged for a single page view, if more than one ad unit and/or link unit is present on that web page.

Note that page impressions differ from ad unit impressions. If multiple ad units are present on a page, multiple ad unit impressions will be logged for that page view, but only a single page impression will appear in your reports.

For example, a user viewing a page with 3 ad units and 1 link unit will log 4 ad unit impressions, but only 1 page impression

Contextual Marketing Goddess
    When you run reports, you can also toggle between seeing your stats based on ad unit impressions or page impressions.

I didn't realize I could see the ad unit impressions. That changes the CTR a little bit.

How do you prefer looking at your stats?
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Contextual Marketing Goddess
    I generally use page impressions. But I don't have that many pages running multiple ad units to make too much of a difference.

Page impressions, untill stats start getting up there, but add unit has it's advantages if running several pages, starting out I used page impression, but need to change to ad unit do to sites current size, just take your time it'll make more sense as you go along.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread