My Issues With This Reporting Problem
    I am pretty experienced with CJ and traffic patterns so I have to say that the following does not make sense to me at all.

Here is a list of dates, clicks, leads,and conversion rates for one of my best performing advertisers.

Date Clicks Leads Conversion Rate
    08-11-05 565 267 47%
    08-12-05 468 177 38%
    08-13-05 421 14 3%
    08-14-05 577 117 23%
    08-15-05 506 157 31%

This is absolutly ridiculous. I do not believe for one second that tracking was not affected. I have lost hundreds of dollars with this and I just can't even fathom what I can do about it.
    Does anyone know if I call CJ on the phone if I can talk to someone about this, or will I just be blown off?

I've found the support folks to be pretty supportive, but have never called regarding commissions so can't help you there.

My numbers are equally odd, yet overall commissions seem okay. I just need to learn to check them once a day at the end of the day as the don't seem to do squat during the day time hours.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I don't Have the answer to your question, but Looking at your stats, i am amazed at what people can achieve, conversion rate of 47%!
    I don't ever get even near to that. What merchants do you promote?
    Keep up. U r doing a brilliant job.

yeah. bonzer conversion ratio!

Please. If you were handing out dollar bills on the street corner you couldn't get 47% of passers-by to take one.

I was looking through my LinkShare stats the other day, and I found one of the best days of my first year in affiliate marketing. With just one merchant, I had 4302 clicks, 1748 sales, and nearly $2000 in commissions. That was a 40.63% conversion ratio.

I looked back to see what the promotion was, and Chocolate Chicken had it right. The merchant was handing out dollar bills. They had a one-day coupon for $10 off a $10 order, plus free shipping.

You would think that the merchant would have lost their shorts that day. But they didn't do too bad. The average order size was $30 after the coupon. The company is still in business today and has a huge customer base.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Has anyone ever discussed at the impact of CJ link server slowdowns having such a delay in re-directing that customers get fed up waiting and just close the window.

I have seen from time to time delays so long that although don't time out, they are beyond reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I was looking through my LinkShare stats the other day, and I found one of the best days of my first year in affiliate marketing...They had a one-day coupon for $10 off a $10 order, plus free shipping.

You would think that the merchant would have lost their shorts that day. But they didn't do too bad. The average order size was $30 after the coupon. The company is still in business today and has a huge customer base.
    Hey Michael, if that's my old company whose initials are BB, let me tell you that was quite a fiasco! Although, I recall it being a $20 off $20 with free shipping
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

Actually, quite a few companies ran promotions similar to that in 1999 and 2000. This was a different company.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I had 4302 clicks, 1748 sales, and nearly $2000 in commissions. That was a 40.63% conversion ratio.

if that's my old company whose initials are BB, let me tell you that was quite a fiasco!
    Understandably!

Quote Originally Posted by affiliate4all
    i am amazed at what people can achieve, conversion rate of 47%!I don't ever get even near to that. What merchants do you promote?
    These are mostly free sweepstakes offers and offers that pay well, but all the user has to do is enter their zip code.

I am really glad CJU sold out before I registered, all I would do was tank up on the free alcohol and talk crap to the managers.

I can't imagine things will go smoothly this year.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread