HELP - WSFTP-Pro..
    Anyone use WSFTP Pro..??

I had a PC crash and am recovering slowly..
    I lost everything accept my websites on my machine.. I had to reformat and I lost my exe of WSFTP Pro.. I bought it in 2001 so it is not the latest version..
    anyone have that version?? Anyone have the install exe for that version??

I have the serial numbers and installation codes just need the executable for the install... if you have one laying around it would be appreciated if you would PM me so I can get back up and running...

Thanks in Advance...

Internet Cowboy
    PM sent

Thanks UncleScooter..

But he had the wrong version he had WSFTP LE..

I would need the next version up.. I think the 2001 version of WSFTP pro..
    Anyone out there have it..??

Sorry, oldest zip file I have is version 7.62, circa 2003.

webmarm - I'll try it if you want to send it to me. tuggy66 - at - yahoo

I just got an e-mail from IPSWITCH they no longer support the version I had.
    The version I had worked fine. But they want me to upgrade rather than support a version that worked perfectly fine. They do this every year. Then they stop supporting any version that is not the new verison. There is no place to get the older versions. I told them to go pound sand and if I had to purchase I would purchase from a company that has better support and doesn't try to force people to upgrade when the version they had worked fine... just another SCAM to get more money..
    What ever happened to quality customer service and quality products. I can understand not supporting something that is ten years old or so.. but this is only four years old... WINZIP is still WINZIP.. you can get the file and put in your code you bought eight or nine years ago and it will still work.. becuase it does the same thing it always did.. same with WSFTP-Pro.. the new version does the same thing ALL the versions do.. yet you gotta give them more money to do the same thing...

Internet Cowboy
    I can bundle this one up and send it to you.
    Maybe I am clueless, but what is the difference? All I use FTP for is transferring files and settings permissions via CHMOD, which I hardly ever do anymore since I discovered php.
    I do everything else on my server with Putty.
    Am I missing other features?

Well in WSFTP Pro.. you can schedule uploads.. that's all I know that is extra..
    I am like you I only use it to CHMOD and transfer any images that I may need..
    I do have older sites that I have to upload everything if I do an update.. but the main thing is I have a folder with all my domains in it for WSFTP and all I would have to do is drop that folder into the WSFTP folder and all my sites would be set up again.. if I get another program I will have to redo each site (100 or so) which will take a long time..

That was my point to IPSWITCH.. what does the new version do that the old one doesn't.. and I didn't get an answer.. just a "your screwed -- pay us and we'll send you the new version -- that does the same thing only with a new skin.." so I won't pay them a dime.. I'll find it somewhere..

I just checked and my version is 7.5 - Sorry!

Just to let you all know -- (not that anyone is worried about it)
    I fixed the problem with IPSWITCH.. they gave me the newest version based on my RANTS to them about Customer Service.. I even got a NEW CODE..

SO maybe their not ALL bad.. I have been a customer for years...

The new version is very cool...
    If I figure out any new features (UncleScooter) I'll let you know..
    BTW
    Mr. Haney Rules.. saw him on latenight TV last night..
    The one where he brought the elephants to the farm.. and tried to convince them that they wanted them in the first place.. it didn't work but his speel was worth it.. LOL

Internet Cowboy
    LOL
    IMO Mr. Haney is the best sitcom character ever written. Otis the drunk on Andy Griffith is a close second.
    Let me know if the new version is cool. I have used this one since somewhere in the 90's, but I am always willing to change if it is better.
    See ya

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread