View Poll Results: How do you view CJ since the latest upgrade?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an affiliate. I like them a lot more.

3 3.95%
  • I am an affiliate. I like them slightly more.

6 7.89%
  • I am an affiliate. I am unhappy.

34 44.74%
  • I am an affiliate. I am unhappy to the point of seeking alternatives.

27 35.53%
  • I am a merchant. I like them a lot more.

0 0%
  • I am a merchant. I like them slightly more.

0 0%
  • I am a merchant. I am unhappy.

5 6.58%
  • I am a merchant. I am unhappy to the point of seeking alternatives.

1 1.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    What is your view of CJ since this 'upgrade'? Affiliates & Merchants
    There are options for affiliates and merchants alike.

I encourage those of you lurking to register and log in and take this poll. If enough of us pass the message, maybe these people will do something.

Register and participate in this please. We need your support.

This is OUR industry!
    Last edited by UncleScooter; August 24th, 2005 at 01:25 AM.

"What is your view of CJ since...."

What view? CJ is gone.

I think the ongoing hate thread about the hour+ downtime today says enough. Not too sure there are very many cj fans left, on both sides.

Here's the view, so we can all see it together:

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer

Although I didn't want anything changed I kind of like the upgrade. Just hope they pay soon or I gotta dig into my savings.

Cj has not been acting in a professional manner. We were first informed that the down period was a "maintenance" cycle, later we learned that a "new" system was rolled out. Now when payment is now due, no one can access the system. Cj.com has lost crediablity by not being truthful about what has taken place in the first place.

my .02 cents.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's just a typical CJ up(??)grade...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    nothing to say against the up(s) grade. They just forgot to switch the plug for clicks and sales. Cj.com....you always told us that if we do not sell you do not earn your money. Was this the upgrade? Do you now earn money without giving us our commissions?

roland

I'm fairly happy with the upgrade for the long run. The short term problems should hopefully be ironed out soon. All I gotta say is at least CJ won't be holding our payments for 6 weeks over the due date like Linkshare did. I don't think any network can mess up as bad as Linkshare did. This CJ update doesn't even come close.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

happens!

Maybe not 6 weeks but, it would definitely be more than 6 days this month.

My opinion is this:
    This was just a regular update until our pay was delayed because of it. It is unacceptable that any upgrade could affect the payroll. They knew it was more than a usual update, and they should have taken steps to ensure that their payroll was not going to be affected. If they would have just waited one more week until the checks were out the update would have just been accompanied by the usual rants about downtime. But, WTF can any one do?

I am definately NOT looking forward to CJ Upgrade Part Two..

Screwy Reporting
    This is a good one.... Run a Performance report for 1 day. Pick yesterday for instance.
    NOTHING.

Now run it over a period of days. Woo Hoo!

What in the $*% is going on??????

This situation with CJ reminds me of a recurring theme on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Seems Mary never threw a good party. No matter how hard she tried, no matter who showed up, it was never what she expected it to be.

Same for CJ. They can't do an update properly to save their lives! It's almost like a joke. With a day or two notice, we get the "planned maintenance" message. Oh no...time to start worrying! Will this be a 24-hour thing? 48 hours? A week? Two weeks? Who knows?!?!?!? CJ doesn't even know.

I don't believe for one second that these "upgrades" are tested prior to being rolled out. They couldn't be. They never seem to go as expected. There's always too much downtime, and it always seems to take too long for reports to catch up. You'd think they'd have learned something from past "updates" but apparently not. They keep doing the same things over and over again.

Plus, on top of all this, there's a lack of trust. Because CJ has allowed so many in the network to operate in gray areas for so long, honest affiliates no longer trust them. So, if things aren't 100% as expected, conspiracy theories pop up, accusations are made, etc. Which is the expected outcome when there's a lack of communication.

And what does CJ do? Do they keep us informed? Do they tell us what has happened? Do they explain how a planned update that was thoroughly tested prior to being rolled out went so wrong?

NO!

They evaporate! And they wonder why they aren't trusted...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Get the lead out CJ - you HAVE A COMMUNICATION PROBLEM. Only you can fix it!

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    ...at least CJ won't be holding our payments for 6 weeks over the due date.
    The three day upgrade is not done two weeks later. Payday is already 4 days late. I hope you are right here.

I've always liked CJ, but they do install upgrades without checking them for bugs, first. Don't understand why, but they do and I guess I'm just getting use to it.

LS and CJ have a pretty captive audience (as far as affiliates go), since they've rounded up so many big online merchants. So I guess we have to deal with it.

Ever bought a beer & hotdog at a ball gane?

ABW Ambassador
    "LS and CJ have a pretty captive audience (as far as affiliates go), since they've rounded up so many big online merchants. So I guess we have to deal with it."

For now. And they've been able to get away with it because there is little competition. Hopefully Malcolm comes on over, gets the US network going and does a better job.

we must remember that we've only seen phase one of the "upgrade."

why does a system have to have its resources switched over to figuring commissions? that should be a separate section with its own stuff to work with.

What the heck does it mater what we think? They don't care now what we think and the ones currently running the show never DID give a damn what we think.

Please, get your merchants to move to SAS or at least open an alternative program on SAS if you can.

As a group, we need to send a mass e-mailing to all CJ merchants, pleading.....no begging...... them to open an SAS program in addition to CJ if they won't move there.

If someone could put together such an e-mail and a site where we could go to sign it, and then mail it to the CJ merchants, I would sure be for that!

I would do it but I am pretty much an html sort of page designer. And, I don't think I can mass e-mail, either.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

My view is that I make more money from cj during reporting downtime. I am 101% sure because I have seen it happen so consistently. Now that reporting is back up to speed my sales & EPC are starting to slide back down just as I knew they would because I've seen it happen so often.

Regardlesss of anything anyone will tell you I am absolutely sure that the setup at cj can't handle all the reporting and all the sales, its one or the other.
    Last edited by onoff; August 24th, 2005 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spellinf

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by onoff
    Regardlesss of anything anyone will tell you I am absolutely sure that the setup at cj can't handle all the reporting and all the sales, its one or the other.
    I wholeheartedly agree with that. Geez, they can't process payroll and maintain reporting at the same time.

Unfortunately this poll does not offer a "I am a XXXX and am happy with CJ as I was before". It's really to early to say if I am unhappy or happy until CJ is back to normal. Because of the constant time outs during the recovery period I have not utilized all the reporting features added. Frankly, I seem to be able to find everything that I had before and have learned some short cuts that makes it less frustrating.

With everything new there is a period of frustration and transition so I feel it really is premature to vote one way or the other (and that's all you give us, better or worse, not anthing in the middle like nearlly all surveys do).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    they can't process payroll and maintain reporting at the same time.
    Nothing, new, it has been going on for some time but it's becoming more obvious.
    Now, they can't proces payroll, maintain reporting and allow access to their affiliates and merchants. Next the tracking servers will be down at the same time.

ABW Ambassador
    Next the tracking servers will be down at the same time.
    Impossible. Tracking is never affected at CJ.

from a merchants point of view, I like some of the features, but (make that BUT), the process of doing this update was the most annoying thing I've expirienced online so far. Apart from not being able to view any performance stats we were only able to replenish the account right before it redlined. It doesn't end there, after putting in a boatload of money the cj interface now showed a negative amount. A gum chewin' client rep then had the ordersity to tell me that the weird -ve total was because we had just had our best month ever in CJ (right after they messed up the data). They eventually fixed the problem but I'm yet to recieve the promised callback to tell me what the problem was......don't you just love CJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast