Building an affiliate friendly site
    I am in the process of building a logo and web design firm and would like to make it as affiliate friendly as possible. I figured i'd get some feedback from you guys on what i can do at the coding stage to lay the foundation for a great merchant site...

my current plans are to...

1. budget $2000 for a dedicated forum on abestweb. Plan on keeping tons of information on the program and maintaining a daily diary as one of the threads.

2. oversee the management of the affiliate program to ensure it is parasite free and affiliate friendly.

3. plan on having 2 sets of 800 numbers, 1 for regular visitors and 1 for visitors from affiliates. The site will only show 1 number depending on how the visitor gets to the site. Ensure 800 number is not on the main page but only on the contact us page, and if the visitor was brought from an affiliate site to display the affiliate id under the 800 number and offer a 5% or 10% discount with the id. Will also have the person answering the phone always ask for the affiliate id if the affiliate phone rings.

4. Offer commisions that are higher than other logo design companies.

5. use shareasale as the network for the program.

6. ensure auto-deposit is on.

7. ensure a sizeable budget is made available for shareasale so as not to get deactivated.

7. ensure there are no leaks on my site and absolutely no links to any other site from my site.

8. cookies that last 365 days

9. accessibility to the affiliates

10. creation of well organized data feeds even though i have very few products.

11. bonuses for affiliates that bring a lot of traffic

12. non branded banners with specific offers (like 5% or 10% off)

13. all the products are digital and as such we will never have issues with 'out of stock' items.

14. pray that affiliates give my program a shot

the site in progress is located at b2bimage.com please let me know your thoughts
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; August 24th, 2005 at 01:00 PM.

great to see a meerchant do their home work before launching an affiliate program...

my only concern would be... most of the folks who frequent specialize in B2C, your program is a B2B program...

best of success

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

my2scents...thats been one of my greatest concerns, do you know how i can effectively reach affiliates that can market b2b

Quote Originally Posted by rho
    Building an affiliate friendly site...
    I believe, there was a good thread on this somewhere around ABW in the past...

Geno

Affiliate Manager
    For a B2B operation, perhaps a pay-per-lead program might be appropriate? Either in lieu of a CPA option (the format is really tuned for eCommerce), or even running a parallel program?

All the best,

Dave

Rho, i used to work in the web devision of a very well know logodesign (hint) firm that got bought out by another very well know company that really made their logowork (hint#2). What a great concept you have. I know the industry, corporate identity, has really been drawn down and over populated in the last several years. I have some people who you might want to get in touch with who could help you get a jump start.

I'm still new on here....you might be able to IM me or get my contact info...not sure. If not repost here and I'll get you my info.
    [LEFT]Earn 15% Commision: 100% All Natural Supplements From The Amazon Rainforest
    Lifexpand, Inc Boca Raton, FL Phone: (561) 487-3650 [URL=http://]www.lifexpand.com[/URL][/LEFT]

Here is a friend of mine:

folio.weston-savage.com

logos.weston-savage.com ----this link is fun....just a bunch of work from days past.
    [LEFT]Earn 15% Commision: 100% All Natural Supplements From The Amazon Rainforest
    Lifexpand, Inc Boca Raton, FL Phone: (561) 487-3650 [URL=http://]www.lifexpand.com[/URL][/LEFT]

Monk_LifeXpand... i am still new on here and cannot IM yet.. you can send me the contact info at board@b2bimage.com

nice hints

your friend's portfolio is very impressive

feel free to IM me... i will also go into the chatroom for a while so we can chat if you see this

updates on my progress with b2bimage
    updates on my plans
    ===============
    1. budget $2000 for a dedicated forum on abestweb. Plan on keeping tons of information on the program and maintaining a daily diary as one of the threads.
    ###coming soon

2. oversee the management of the affiliate program to ensure it is parasite free and affiliate friendly.
    ###started my shareasale account on 11/19/05, will ensure it is parasite and affiliate friendly

3. plan on having 2 sets of 800 numbers, 1 for regular visitors and 1 for visitors from affiliates. The site will only show 1 number depending on how the visitor gets to the site. Ensure 800 number is not on the main page but only on the contact us page, and if the visitor was brought from an affiliate site to display the affiliate id under the 800 number and offer a 5% or 10% discount with the id. Will also have the person answering the phone always ask for the affiliate id if the affiliate phone rings.
    ###decided to scrap 800#s and focus on a more affiliate friendly site where all sales are tracked by shareasale

4. Offer commisions that are higher than other logo design companies.
    ###offering 25% commission on sales and packages that are affordable and primed to sell relative to other logo companies.

5. use shareasale as the network for the program.
    ###setup completed, my affiliate signup is located at
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=8275

6. ensure auto-deposit is on.
    ###auto-deposit is on

7. ensure a sizeable budget is made available for shareasale so as not to get deactivated.
    ###sizeable budget is allocated, please please take my money

7. ensure there are no leaks on my site and absolutely no links to any other site from my site.
    ###ensured there are no links from my site to any other site

8. cookies that last 365 days
    ###decided to opt for lifetime cookies

9. accessibility to the affiliates
    ###will be very very accessible to affiliates, i am kinda new here and hoping to learn a lot and contribute a lot to the forums

10. creation of well organized data feeds even though i have very few products.
    ###not yet done, was hoping for some guidance since i don't have very many packages given the industry

11. bonuses for affiliates that bring a lot of traffic
    ###looking for suggestions as to what bonuses would be good, we are very open to rewarding affiliates as we understand their importance in our success

12. non branded banners with specific offers (like 5% or 10% off)
    ###will make these available once i figure out what offers will be useful

13. all the products are digital and as such we will never have issues with 'out of stock' items.
    ###

14. pray that affiliates give my program a shot
    ###please please please (actually on my knees give us a shot

the site in progress is located at b2bimage.com please let me know your thoughts

the affiliate recruitment page for b2bimage is at
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=8275

thanks
    rho

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread