Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Katrina - ARC may be closed for a few days ...
    Hello team,

Just an advance warning that we "may" be down for a few days if "katrina" decides to grace us with her winds.....

AT 11 AM EDT...1500Z...A TROPICAL STORM WARNING AND A HURRICANE WATCH HAVE BEEN ISSUED FOR THE SOUTHEAST FLORIDA COAST FROM VERO BEACH SOUTHWARD TO FLORIDA CITY. THIS REPLACES THE TROPICAL STORM WATCH. A HURRICANE WATCH MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE WITHIN THE WATCH AREA...GENERALLY WITHIN 36 HOURS.
    We have back up generators to power the PC's but we depend on DSL from bellsouth for web access.

We may escape with just a few winds and heavy rains but with these storms, you never really know....

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...105.shtml?3day

At worse, we will have a Category II huricane on our hands, at best heavy rains and 60+ MPH winds blowing through....

Running full system backups as I type this...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Bunker down and stay safe Doctorrrrrrrrrr!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Keeping my fingers crosse for you Andy. I really need to start paying closer attention to the weather this time of year.

The Sky Is Falling!, The Sky Is Falling!,

The Sky Is Falling!, The Sky Is Falling!, ...... Again!

... ...
    ..... ... .

Wet Sal.

Internet Cowboy
    Hang in there Andy. It is supposed to affect us to, but only with heavy rains and 20-30 mph winds.

Hang in there buddy, you've been through worse. No hurricanes up here in Ohio but we did have a couple tornado touchdowns Sunday about 3/4 mile away. Good luck.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    We have back up generators to power the PC's
    Aw c'mon give the empl*yees some time off for this! After all, it's not like you get "snow days!"

Good luck with Katrina...although since you made it through last year's barrage, I doubt she'll be much problem for you at "only" Cat 2...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Got shutters and a generator last year so I'm as ready as I can be.

Hope the flooding is not too severe.

Luckily Andy and I live five to ten minutes from each other so in a pinch we
    can use my place as the ARC West Office in a pinch.
    Last edited by Orestes - ARC; August 25th, 2005 at 09:38 AM.

Internet Cowboy
    I think everyone in Florida owns a generator after last year.
    Good luck you guys. If this thing wobbles to the north the slightest bit, it will be headed our way.
    Time to fill up the cars and the gas cans. <sigh>
    It was only about three weeks ago that I finished using the gas in the cans from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes - ARC
    Got shutters and a generator last year so I'm as ready as I can be.

Hope the flooding is not to severe.

Luckily Andy and I live five to ten minutes from each other so in a pinch we
    can use my place as the ARC West Office in a pinch.
    Orestes,

I live five to ten minutes from you guy's too, and I am not worrying about Katrina or Paulina.

I hope that you don't run away with Andy again this time, he's probably getting ready to go on I-95 North by now.

Tell Andy that this it's only the Marilyn Monroe version of Katrina and not the Arnold Schwarzenegger version of Hurricane Andrew, so he will be safe at home.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    I hope that you don't run away with Andy again this time, he's probably getting ready to go on I-95 North by now.Sal.
    Not really Sal, not wasting my gasonline at 2.88 a gallon driving

Spent the evening creating newsletters and seasoning meat for grilling if power goes out....

I'm not to worried either but spent the morning installing my shutters, don't expect alot of damage but don't want to pay any $$$$ for broken windows, not to mention water damage from water coming into the house...

Stay dry in Hialeah
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    May all your hurricanes be as unimpressive as "Georges."

When I lived in Florida I composed a ditty or two while securing property in anticipation of hurricanes. Here's my favorite, sung to the tune of "Here Comes Santa Claus."

Here comes hurricane, here comes hurricane,
    Here comes Hurricane Irene,
    And if it hits us, and if it hits us,
    We'll all float downstream.

Underneath the attic rafters,
    That is where we'll hide,
    We'll just have to hope and pray,
    That it doesn't rain INSIDE!

Good luck Andy and everyone in the path of this monster!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Stay safe Andy, Orestes and all in central Florida. Ft Lauderdale Broward too since you will get it first.

So far I've had the lights go out 3 times today, and it's only wind.

Internet Cowboy
    Wind is picking up further north. We see clear blue skies one minute, then clouds and heavy rain the next. Ten minutes later, back to sunny skies. Rain bands coming through. The wind is constant, but not real strong, maybe 20 mph with gusts a little stronger.

Edited to add: If anyone does decide to drive up I-95, let me know. We have room and are just a few miles east of 95.

Getting hammered here, steady horizontal rain for a good 30 minutes, winds knocked out my US flag outside my house, broke the metal bracket right off...

Neighbor's bimini top busted on his boat, steady winds 30 MPH with horizontal driving rain........some trees knocked down...flooding already started....

Mother natures power is impressive....

Hope you all survive ok. As often as this seems to happen lately, we need an AndyCam on your house so we can know all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    an AndyCam on your house so we can know all is well.
    Now thats an idea.... Have to set one up for next hurricane season....

In the meantime, here is a feed from our local station, click on live streaming, great coverage....

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_237052624.html

This is the price we pay for paradise ya know, we don't have snow, no earthquakes we have wind and rain...

Enjoy the footage....we may loose power soon... I know Jrami has to be getting hammered bynow, he is about 15 miles north of me...

Uncle is clear for the time being....

i heard there is 1 right behind katrina headed your way too.
    I have family in hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Tell Andy that this it's only the Marilyn Monroe version of Katrina and not the Arnold Schwarzenegger version of Hurricane Andrew, so he will be safe at home.
    Sal.
    I take all that back.

Katrina!

What a ***** you turn out to be!

Andy,

Now I know why you hate hurricanes that much!

Katrina was not a lady, she was a beast while she was here, and I hope that the people on the west coast of Florida get ready for a trickily hurricane. I have reasons to believe that she is related to Andrew somehow, and I think you know what I mean.

Sal.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Looks like overnight the projected path shifted from Pensacola to me. NHC has it currently as NO and me in it's direct path. Local weather has it shifted a tad to the west of me but for us still in hurricane winds. Manadtory evacuation orders just coming in for the coastal parishes. Guess I know what I'll be doing today now. If I disappear for a few days it's because I got the heck out of dodge. At the moment it looks like that is going to be the case. I don't hang around for a Cat 4 storm when they are talking about leeves possibly being breached.

Thanks for the heads up Mackin! I was busy working this am and had no idea.

Good luck Kellie and stay safe.

Hello all,

We have survived, we are all ok. If i can offer anyone any advice if faced with a potential hurricane - is to prepare.

My neigbors and maybe even "Sal" probably smiled and noded their heads as i was putting up my hurricane shutters, thats ok. Having lived trough Andrew, I know better.

Our neiborhood as well as most of south florida has 70% of trees down, fences down, some strucrural roof damage but light. It was more of a PITA event, but regardless, at one point at 9 PM or so we all had our shoes on and car keys at the ready. I know if we were to loose the gable or the roof, we would be in trouble.

I was well prepared as I am for these things, call me anal if you wish but better be prepared than sorry later. We were fortunate to have only lost power for about 14 hours. We have power while some of our neigbors down the road are still in the dark. As I write this, there are still over 500,000 people in our county without power.

I did loose our 30 year, 40 foot ficus tree that provided a huge canopy of shade in our back yard (pictures to follow). It fell toward the house and we have spent 2 days with chain saws cutting it away and piling it in the front of the house. On a good note, now we have no excuse for not having a pool in the back yard.

The ice, water and gas situation is terrible in 80% of the county as i write this. Again, we are blessed that we have power and do not need anything. Orestes is still without power and we let him use our generator for his house so he can have some power. It's a mess, but we survived the storm and we are all ok.

We are still cleaning up but we will be 100% functional on Monday morning and ready to roll.

@Kellie - Please get out of there, this is a nasty storm and its forecast to be a cat 4 - 5 by the time it gets to you. As i have told you before, you are welcomed here, we have room and we are stocked. Don't mess with this one.

Ok, getting ready to grill some shrimp on the barby and some churrasco, we are having a neighborhood barbecue. All the neighbors have helped each other clean up the mess, and I mean the big mess. Here are some pictures from one of our local stations: http://www.nbc6.net/slideshow/news/4899608/detail.html

See you all on Monday...

Glad to hear you're all ok and your house didn't have any major damage. Now we can worry about Kellie, but she may have already left town by now. Not sure what I can do from Ohio but if there's anything, just let me know.

Internet Cowboy
    Glad you made it through Andy, Orestes and families. These things are indeed a severe PITA. The worse part is the time afterward with no power, ice or gas.
    Last year after Frances, our second one in 10 days, we were without power for a week for the second time. (we had almost a week of power between storms) The BBQ restaurant up the road got power about three days in to our week without. We went and had a good BBQ meal with ICE COLD Iced tea. The iced tea was the very best part, other than sitting in an air conditioned building. That placed was absolutely packed with people, all of them enjoying the cold beverage more than their meal. It was really quite funny to see how people's priorities shift under such conditions. They could have sold that tea for 5 bucks a glass and people would have bought it, but they kept their regular prices.

Best of luck Kellie. I hope we get a bobble and this thing does not hit NOLA head on. Not to wish it on anyone else, but the storm surge alone will have catastrophic effects on New Orleans.

I have now joined the ever increasing group of Dade County Residents that have power back in their house and have set my A/C on the snow setting. These last 48 hours have been a royal pain in the a$$ but we are still fortunate enough to consider ourselves lucky. I only have to complain of a power outage and that some of my trees that are now italic.

Some of my close neighbors in the surrounding streets have not been as lucky as our family. Roofs damaged, cars crushed, fences torn, etc. has befallen alot of people in the blocks that surround my house as the eye of the hurricane passed over my block.

Thanks Andy for lending me your generator when my new one wouldn't start (murphys law was in full effect). I hope that all my fellow Floridians on the boards have made it through ok. Kellie and all those in AL and Miss. heed the warnings, this is one S.O.B you don't want any part of, please stay safe. Andy & I have been through a Category 4 storm and its horrible.

Thank you all for your kind words. Thank God I can say we made it through safe and sound.
    On Monday Andy and I will get back to the fun stuff.
    Last edited by Orestes - ARC; August 27th, 2005 at 10:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast