Help me understand the email I received
    I recently sent an email asking how to optimize 2 certain pages on my site that I was having trouble getting quaity ads on. This is the response I received and I have questions at the bottom of this post.

Our contextual advertising system crawls and indexes pages by URL.
    If the URLs of your pages, such as www.xxxxxxxxx.com/main.php?view=month ,
    are dynamic, we will most likely be unable to display relevant ads to users. In order to display relevant ads, a page must first be indexed by
    our crawlers. However, viewers of pages that are generated dynamically will most likely be viewing a URL that has not yet been indexed.

At this time, we are unable to control how often our crawlers index the
    content on your site. Crawling is done automatically by our bots. When the
    AdSense ad code is first run on a page not previously indexed by our
    crawlers, our crawlers will usually get to it within 30 minutes. At times
    it may take 48 hours or longer. If you make changes to a page, however, it
    may take up to 2 or 3 weeks before the changes are reflected in our index.

Additionally, if you'd like to display ads related to specific topics on
    your website, we recommend including more text-based content about these
    topics, including complete sentences and paragraphs, to assist our
    crawlers in gathering information about your pages and determining
    relevant ads to display.
    Is this crawl a different one than the media bot that shows up in a split second when the page is loaded?

Does this mean the page title is more important than what's actually on the page?

If it takes 2-3 weeks for changes to affect the ads shown, why would I bother placing ads on a page that changes daily?

I'm also assuming that the index they are referring to is not the same as the SE index since until yesterday none of my pages could be found in google.

I have been submitting a sitemap over the last month or so and I am having no luck getting google to crawl anything other than the sitemap. If the media bot would just crawl those pages, I should be able to have much better quality ads shown.

I have mroe questions but I have to go. Maybe some of those will be answered when someone replies.

Thanks,
    Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Suzie,

I'm not sure why Google would tell you it can take 2-3 weeks to re-crawl pages that have changed. That hasn't been my experience at all. I had one page that kept getting inappropriate ads - I can't remember what they were now - but the meaning of the page was being misinterpreted by Google, so I had to make several changes to modify words that I thought were triggering the inappropriate ads.

Within minutes, the ads changed and were completely different, now matching the overall meaning of the page.

As for the other comments in the message, I'm assuming this was not a canned reply, but a personal one, responding to your specific message? If so, it sounds like you might want to check your pages for proper sentence structure and punctuation, and take the hint from the message that the page needs more text-based content on it.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread