Huntin'Wabbit
    I read the thread about thin affiliates and wondered if submitting to Googles site map would be doing them a favor? Instead of them having to hunt, the rabbit comes to them. Easy way to weed out the ones you don't want. Just a thought?

This might sound bad, but what about link pages? Should they be omitted from the submission or does it matter?
    Google will find them anyway, right?

Knothead,
    Kirk

Cool
    I was skeptical about this but decided to play guinea pig with one site.
    Site has about 25 pages original content w/ an affiliate 'backend' of about 30K slightly customized dynamic pages.Only the 25 pages were indexed by G.

1. about 10 days after submitting the sitemap G started indexing more and more pages.
    2.after 3 or 4 weeks I had 24K pages indexed and was getting traffic & sales from those pages. yippee!
    3 about 2 weeks ago indexed pages started dropping like a rock down to about 500 pages. All indexed by url-only/no title. Traffic stopped.
    4 Now down to 128 pgs. But I've gained back indexing & traffic to the 'original content' pages. Oh well..
    YMMV

Thanks for the insight Simcat. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my site. I was hoping for good news but I guess that's to much to ask from an affiliate stand point from Google!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My take on this is if your site is well indexed and you're getting good traffic...don't submit. If your site is poorly indexed and you're getting lousy traffic you might as well submit since you have nothing to lose.

Thanks for sharing your experiment results simcat. Very interesting.

Question
    isn't this supposedly still beta? would be nice if there was a provably tangible benefit to it.

Beta, tomato, rss Titanic, dynamic, hell I don't know. Every time I read a post here I've got something else to learn. I love the smell of a burning keyboard in the morning!!!!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread