Mr. GoldenCan
    Question How to Create GoldenCAN Search Integration Solution
    While shopping on your website more users like to type something in the search box and like to find it easily what they are looking for.

GoldenCAN enables you to add a search box on your website which can display the results from one or multiple selected merchants.

Please follow the following steps if you like to create a GoldenCAN Search Integration Solution.

1. Login to your account at GoldenCAN
    2. Click on “Create Search Integration” link on the top navigation.
    3. Enter the name for your Search Integration Solution and click on “Create Store”.
    4. Select the merchants you would like to add into this search integration solution and click “Continue" at the bottom of the page.
    6. Add/Edit/Verify your affiliates Ids according to what merchants you have selected and click “Continue”. Your search integration will be created and you will be at the Modify Page.

Now you can use this search integration in two ways.

1. Copy and paste the one line of code generated by GoldenCAN on top of every page and a search box will be displayed on those pages.

2. Copy and paste the GoldenCAN search integration code on one page at your website. Let’s say that you have pasted the search integration code on a page named as search.htm and the URL of this page is something like this. http://www.yoursite.com/search.htm

Now you can use pre designed GoldenCAN search boxes or create one of your own and add that search box on the left navigation or on top of any page you like. Just remember that the ACTION tag of that search box needs to be pointed to the page where you have GoldenCAN search integration code.

Code:
    <Form method=get action=http://www.yoursite.com/search.htm>
    Now a user will be able to search any product from any page on your website and search results will be displayed on the page where you have added the search integration code.

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

Thanks...works like a charm

sure does
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

one big problem with the search integration is that it is too slow. Anyway to improve it?
    [LEFT]-[URL=http://www.ableaffiliate.com]www.AbleAffiliate.com[/URL]-
    :approval:
    Free Affiliate Program Directory for Submission[/LEFT]

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet
    one big problem with the search integration is that it is too slow. Anyway to improve it?
    We upgraded the GoldenCAN server last weekend, added more server in the load balancing and many more action were taken to improve the performance of GoldenCAN. We monitor the quality of queries to GoldenCAN and the time it takes to return the results. We are constantly working to improve the performance of GoldenCAN and specially search. Search improves itself as it is used more and more. If you can please email me the specific URL of the query which you feel is running slow it will help us improve the performance and make sure your query bring better and faster results.

Now its faster, I guess it is improved after the upgrade. Thanks.
    [LEFT]-[URL=http://www.ableaffiliate.com]www.AbleAffiliate.com[/URL]-
    :approval:
    Free Affiliate Program Directory for Submission[/LEFT]

Thanks for the great tip. I had been wondering how to change the appearance of the search box.

Much appreciated.

confused about goldencan search
    I am looking for help how to use GoldenCan.

This is what I want: the results of a search that I have queried from goldencan that will display on my webpages. I don't want my website visitor to perform the query because I am trying to pull off specific products to form a page of interest that I alone can show my visitor (from many merchants). I know that you can perform a search on the goldencan website for products - thought I could do the same on my site, but present a static page of results?

Hope that makes sense! -Sweet Iowa

golden can users?
    Any golden can users out there that can answer this?

Lightbulb
    I think you'll find the code in GoldenCAN if you create a search integration and look at the code examples further down on the page.

If you are making one for one merchant or several, there is a line where you can put a search keyword in the code using the PHP version.

maybe not, in .ASP

so if you are not using php or asp you cannot utilize that function? I just have straight html pages...

-sweeiowa

Lightbulb
    I'm using the .php version on linux servers. I don't know what flavor of servers you use, but you could try one instance on your site -a test page- and make the extension .php instead of .htm

very simple test might tell you something.

there's more. If that works you can add a line to a .htaccess file in the root of your server that will make even .htm pages display it ok.

but-- if you know you are on a Windows server I know nothing.

Others here know more, maybe they'll chime in.

how to insert keyword phrase into coding
    OK... I think I can make this work. According to Goldencan: For the "PHP Code with Search Keyword" under search integration option, can anyone give me an example for what part of the code Goldencan tells me to: "Pass the Search Keyword with in the query string of the request URL" to make it possible to pre-populate a search box that a visitor sees?

I need to know what part of the code I can replace and give me a sample search phrase - show me how it becomes part of the code.

Thanks!! -Sweet Iowa

search code for search integration
    Dear me! I get the "ding-dong" award this morning! A closer look at the coding and I see it does include a sample search (DVD Player) that I can swap out and replace with my own. Off I go....

PS - Love this site!

-Sweet Iowa

PHP page 2 doesn't throw me back to start page
    I successfully loaded the Goldencan PHP snippet onto my html page AND my pre-defined search is showing up.

I found this site on the internet that walked me through it for adding a PHP RSS feed, but it also applies to Goldencan's PHP snippet: http://rssfeedreader.com/php.html

HOWEVER, when I go to page 2 of the results, and then hit "Back" instead of my original page, Page 1 gets thrown onto a whole new page by itself with no relation or links back to my website.

I tried putting the search results on its own page and then linked to that page as an include page from the original product page, no luck... I haven't tried frames yet. I have an html website.

Ideas??

-Sweet Iowa

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread