Direct Revenue - Good News!
    August 24, 2005 /New Media Report/--A class-action lawsuit (large PDF) by Chicago attorneys in April and last week’s less-than-flattering story in Newsweek might’ve been enough flak for self-acknowledged adware purveyor Direct Revenue. But it turns out there may be more news to come. An inside source at DR has told us today that the beleaguered company is “restructuring” and that severance packages are being prepared for large parts of their sales and creative teams, including managers, leaving two floors of DR’s offices practically empty as of today. After several phone calls were met with automated voice mail, an insider did call back to confirm that layoffs are indeed occurring—and that, coincidentally, the company’s “phones are out”.
    Full Article
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Anyone else find it funny that this post is immeadiately preceded by "AffiliateFuture - Were Hiring! " lol

As long as anyone showing up with the words Direct Revenue on their resume gets shown the door!!!

Seriously though, good news is right!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Sweet
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I hope it's a 'restructuring' that is happening because of financial reasons and not just due to new management. This should be very interesting.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Love it!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yay!

Who is Stephen Sotelo? I've found several people by that name when I googled it.

Any legitimate company that makes anti-spyware could really make a name for themself by spearheading a class-action suit against a spyware company or two. Perhaps there will be more like this.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I hope the booted perps sabotage to servers on the way out. On a side note...

DirectTrack Tests Affiliates with FraudMeter
    August 24, 2005 /New Media Report/--Having spent three months fine-tuning and developing its new FraudMeter, DirectTrack hopes to rewrite the book on how affiliate fraud is dealt with in CPA-land. NM Report has the inside scoop, as DirectTrack Manager Mark Romanelli leaked to us the various functionalities of the new product. Some of the notable tools in FraudMeter’s kit include the Community Forum to out affiliates as frauds, a Pending Affiliate Approval function that warns why an affiliate might be fraudulent, and Tracking Pixel Authentication, which enables network clients to type in the domain your tracking pixel is supposed to be loaded from. If DirectTrack detects the pixel from being loaded from an unauthorized domain, the client will be notified. Romanelli explains how FraudMeter helps ad networks. “One of the main challenges CPA networks face with affiliate fraud is there is no central organization or database to share information. The collaboration aspect of FraudMeter will empower over 120 Ad Networks to easily be able to share information to weed out fraudulent affiliates.” If DirectTrack’s done its homework right, it looks like the click-fraud conundrum is one step closer to being solved.
    http://www.nmreport.com/archives/200...ttrack_tes.php

Their new app must have detected 100% of the infestation network was bogus...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Anyone else find it funny that this post is immeadiately preceded by "AffiliateFuture - Were Hiring! " lol

As long as anyone showing up with the words Direct Revenue on their resume gets shown the door!!!

Seriously though, good news is right!!
    Not sure what is meant by the above statement....will keep reading to find out more. The reason for concern is 1. I am new to Affiliate Marketing and have not learned all the ins and outs yet. 2. As a merchant, the only program that I have so far is 2 sites with Affiliate Future and their new US "branch".

I am trying to find some other ways to get my products out there.....so far not much luck.

Any suggestions or comments on AF....thanks.
    [LEFT]Earn 15% Commision: 100% All Natural Supplements From The Amazon Rainforest
    Lifexpand, Inc Boca Raton, FL Phone: (561) 487-3650 [URL=http://]www.lifexpand.com[/URL][/LEFT]

Direct Revenue: Out of the Pan, Into the Adware Fire
    August 29, 2005 /New Media Report/--Direct Revenue’s CEO J.P. Maheu has answers for those who’ve reported that the doors are closing at DR. During a conversation with the NewMedia Report last Thursday, Maheu made an off the record statement implying that the recent changes at Direct Revenue are simply the result of a new strategic vision for the company, and claimed that DR is now working with likes of the CDT’s Ari Schwartz to fix the subversive adware issues that have damaged the company’s rep in the past. However, the future might not be as sunny as Maheu would like it to seem. Former DR employees and insiders tell us that the company is now the subject of an investigation by New York Attorney General’s Office. When Maheu was pressed for further comment this morning, he wouldn’t offer any on that issue specifically, only to saying that “the NY Attorney General has been looking at the adware industry for some time.”
    ... and there's more -> link

Continued Success,

Haiko

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    loved the and there's more part.... pretty exciting stuff!!

There is more
    Looks like direct revenue and this scammer is in big doo-doo. Check this out!

http://www.*************/wayneporter...es/000923.html

hmmm
    for some reason I cant post the URL to the story about the evidence? Is there a glitch?

No, I don't allow links to that site, it's in the article, that's good enough.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread