lurk
    Another Major Spammer Arrested
    From Slashdot:

------------

Iphtashu Fitz writes "25 year old Christopher William Smith, considered one of the worlds biggest spammers by the Spamhaus Project, is now sitting in a jail without bond. Smith allegedly had a doctor issue 72,000 ions in the space of one year in conjunction with orders obtained through spamming. The doctor, Philip Mach, had a license to practice medicine in New Jersey but he provided ions to people throughout the United States without ever evaluating them, both of which are big no-no's. Federal authorities have already seized over $3 million in cash, luxury cars, and houses."

------------

More on this: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=1066235

...Wow 3 million
    Jason

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    It's getting popular to bust spammers and spyware companies! More of this in the mainstream news now, it seems to me, than ever before. Our day is coming!

What is wrong with people?!?! Everyone relishes the thought of having a ton of money, but does the temptation of being crooked to generate that kind of loot really look THAT attractive to people? The consequesnces scare the bejesus out of me! I can't fathom it.

Streaatz

lurk
    Maybe it's because of what Donuts what saying, we haven't heard of many biggies getting in trouble. Maybe before there weren't much on any consequences to worry about.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jrod805
    Maybe it's because of what Donuts what saying, we haven't heard of many biggies getting in trouble. Maybe before there weren't much on any consequences to worry about.
    I read and watch the news and it never ceases to amaze me. There is this thing called JAIL... Did that Dr. really think that what he was doing was OK? Not to mention Smith, who had to have had a clue about what he was doing. Everyone makes mistakes, but there is another thing called ethics! I just don't get people.

Streaatz

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The biggies and those monitizing and harboring them are just starting to feel the heat. Wait till the law suits start holding the merchants and their AM hired guns to the fire for monitizing the building of this entire cybercrime ring.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Maybe his defense will be that he's not a spammer but rather a high volume email deployer. A HVED is ok isn't it?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I just hope they take everything from him, both what he earned legally prior to his spamming as well as all his spamming gains. Then they should shut him away to serve at least 15 years in a grim jail. (preferably in the same cell as big Bubba)

A punishment like this would teach the other spamming idiots that we do NOT want their spam.

The doctor should also be jailed and when released should never be allowed to practice medicine again sin-die.

Don't forget if your state wants an executioner just email me.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    I just hope they take everything from him, both what he earned legally prior to his spamming as well as all his spamming gains. Then they should shut him away to serve at least 15 years in a grim jail. (preferably in the same cell as big Bubba)

A punishment like this would teach the other spamming idiots that we do NOT want their spam.

The doctor should also be jailed and when released should never be allowed to practice medicine again sin-die.

Don't forget if your state wants an executioner just email me.
    Gordo ...have rope ...will travel.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Maybe his defense will be that he's not a spammer but rather a high volume email deployer. A HVED is ok isn't it?
    ROFL Greg. Evidently if it's HVED you just have to pay $7M to M$ insteald of going to jail.

I hear ya Streaatz. I was reading an article last week that listed all the cars, houses, etc this guy had. You get these 20 something year olds who dropped out of high school and they don't see past the glitz and high life. I beat he'd take a roach infested studio apartment over his current living accomodations right now. He's getting a serious dose of "Life Lessons" at the moment.

I saw the article today first thing morning. It started my day off good.

Society as a whole is responsible IMO... Glorifying MONEY so much...
    Look at the A&E Program "Growing Up Gotti"
    It's a Top Rated Show.. About the John Gotti Family.. those rich punks are worthless and the older Brother is still in the Mafia!! But, people don't care that they got their millions by killing people, selling drugs to school kids, and did I mention KILLING PEOPLE... No all they care about is how much money they have.. everyone watches and laughs at the antics of these worthless scumbags.. wishing they could have that much money.. OUR Society has no REAL values anymore.. no one looks up to the Honest Guy that does the right thing.. they look up to the RICH and don't care how they got it..

Look at the A&E Program "Growing Up Gotti"
    It's a Top Rated Show.. About the John Gotti Family.. those rich punks are worthless and the older Brother is still in the Mafia!! But, people don't care that they got their millions by killing people, selling drugs to school kids, and did I mention KILLING PEOPLE...
    I've never watched the show. I thought the whole concept was just OFFENSIVE. Glorifying the illegal and immoral acts of an individual and showing how his family lives in the lap of luxury...at other people's expense.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    ...they look up to the RICH and don't care how they got it..
    This is true, although there is no gratification in any of this. What sets us apart from them (weather we make as much or not) is that we will actually have fullfillment out of what we do which money can not replace IMO. Building my income from the ground up is much more of an achievement to me than spamming 100k people a day about getting illegal perscribed drugs.
    Jason

Andy - I have never watched the program either I just see the commercials and can't believe that they are in their second season.. A&E usually has good programming.. Can you believe they actually get paid to be on TV.. "the Gotti's"

jrod805 - I agree but still society as a whole looks up to people with money..
    All the big companies outsource everything they can.. call MS and get India.. call any place else and who knows what TWC you'll get.. we don't take care of our OWN we take care of our pocket books.. The Good HONEST Americans lose their jobs while the big companies make more money.. and yet we still buy their products because it's the IN thing to have.. it's a cycle with no end... the only thing that will stop it now is the total fall of our society.. not looking forward to that..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It seems that once again, the spamming is really a secondary charge (is he even charged for the actual spamming?). It'd be nice if they didn't seem to need the lure of "more serious" charges to act against the spammers.

Did that Dr. really think that what he was doing was OK? Not to mention Smith, who had to have had a clue about what he was doing. Everyone makes mistakes, but there is another thing called ethics!
    Illegal, sure, but you'd have a hard time convincing me of any ethical problem with saving people the ripoff $125-to-see-a-putz "doctor's office visit" fee.

Every time I go to a doctor it turns out to be a numbnuts who hasn't got a clue! So personally I have no problem with cutting them out of the loop and letting the people decide for themselves what they need!!

The last time I was in, the guy did have enough clue to mention a certain test (SHOCK)...but when it came time to write up the lab order (which determines what tests are actually done), he forgot to put it down--and I had to remind him! Then he got a blank look...he'd already forgotten all about even mentioning it~! (Yikes yikes yikes. Yikes! Needless to say I bolted for the doors!)

Yes, I'd feel much safer just ordering what I think will work. I think it's a travesty that enabling doing just that is illegal!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    To Haiko
    I think it is time to bring a new smiley for these types of posts:

AN EXPLODING CAN OF SPAM <--This Can, Only Exploding!

I'm sure someone who has made their own animated GIFS could make this up fairly easily.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I think it is time to bring a new smiley for these types of posts:

AN EXPLODING CAN OF SPAM <--This Can, Only Exploding!

I'm sure someone who has made their own animated GIFS could make this up fairly easily.
    Or maybe a spammer (sorry, HVED) busted image
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

he provided ions to people throughout the United States
    He best write himself one for a sore butt, after them boys in the jail get hold of him.. lol lol..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

15 years and counting
    Kellie - I beat he'd take a roach infested studio apartment over his current living accomodations right now. He's getting a serious dose of "Life Lessons" at the moment.
    I'm not so sure he learned a lesson.
    "According to court papers, Smith (aka Rizler) used an illegal or fake passport to leave the country in late May, shortly after a May 20 court-ordered shutdown of his company, Xpress Pharmacy Direct. (Judging by this anonymously created site, Smith was quite handy at creating fake documents.)
    Smith is now believed to be in the Dominican Republic setting up a new online pharmacy."
    From: http://spamkings.oreilly.com/archive...pam_kings.html
    Drug spam kings on the lam

Loved seeing how this cyber con-man crook went about forging documents to hawk bogus pills, run plishing sites, sell fake diplomas, running an offshore telemarketing operation... http://members.fortunecity.com/spamh...ctivateme.html

ABW hasn't had many pill pushers coming here hawk their get rich schemes, since the Feds starting cracking down on them. Good riddence.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread