Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    77
    Road Rage Frustration!
    http://www.cafepress.com/personalattitud.29696279

    I get soo frustrated when driving and it turns out to always be the same people....

  2. #2
    Internet Cowboy
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,662
    I hope you never end up with a handicap. If so, I guess you will not be allowed to drive.
    We're both christians who are striving to honor God with our relationship and our children.
    from this post is in serious conflict with your belief that people with a handicap should not be able to drive.
    So which is it? Do you honor God or are you a bigot with a problem with handicapped citizens? You can't have it both ways.
    Sounds to me like you just need to relax and chill a little bit.
    Sorry bud, but you asked for that one. Your pastor would be ashamed of you.


  3. #3
    More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Land of The NFL Champs!
    Posts
    2,942
    I have never noticed this but then again I don't drive in a large city much. I don't think you would not want to have the ability to travel about if you were handicapped.

    And you will get old too - it's money in the bank!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

  4. #4
    Member C.Whyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Webnet
    http://www.cafepress.com/personalattitud.29696279

    I get soo frustrated when driving and it turns out to always be the same people....

    LOL. That's great. Don't think I would have the heart to actually order one of those and slap it on my car, but sometimes I do agree.

    cafepress rules. So many spir of the moment projects from them.

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador simcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,786
    Talking
    That bumper sticker is for those non-handicapped people who get mad when actual handicapped people park in handicapped spaces. (means they can't)

  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,178
    The only way I'd ever put one of those on my car is if rudeness and inconsideration for other drivers is a handicap, then I might think about it.

    I think people with small minds that aren't accepting of others are also handicapped in their own way...

  7. #7
    Internet Cowboy
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,662
    Webnet,
    How can you be so sure that your fellow ABW affiliates or affiliate managers aren't working from a wheelchair? Have you ever thought about that? Did you ever think about the fact that you will not be 20 forever?
    I think people with small minds that aren't accepting of others are also handicapped in their own way...
    Andy has a great point here.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    77
    Yes I am a christian and do sympathize to those who are in wheelchairs and such -= however there are also laws in place for the safety of others. When I'm driving down a 45 zone and have a person in front of me driving 30-35 I get frustrated. 85-90% of the time it's a handicap or an elderly person. It doesn't matter what I'd "like to be able to do" when I'm old, it just matters whether there's a law for it. Consider this my notion to notify those who fall under these two categories that drive slow that they should go the limit or get off hte road.

    That's about all there is to it.

  9. #9
    Internet Cowboy
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,662
    A 45 zone is a maximum of 45. Unless a minimum speed is posted, there is no lawful minimum. Those people pay the same taxes you do to be able to drive and have just as much right to drive as you do.
    I know where you are coming from and don't think for one minute that I haven't been stuck behind someone wishing they would at least drive the frickin speed limit. I have. We ALL have. But for you to say that being handicapped means you should not be driving is not only in bad taste, but unless you are a congressman or a senator, it is not for you to say.
    Let's see, say you were behind this person for five miles at 35 mph instead of 45 mph. That sets you back about 30 seconds at a quick guess. Suppose this person is handicapped because he took a bullet in WWII or Korea or Vietnam or Iraq. Are you so incredibly disrespectful that you would deny this person their right to drive because you can't spare 30 seconds???
    Do you not live and abide by a code of helping and accepting your fellow man? If you are indeed a Christian you do. Otherwise you are a poser.
    It's all good. I am done here. I only attempted to make you see a point about calling oneself a Christian and actually living a Christian lifestyle. To be a true Christian means practicing at least a small amount of patience.


  10. #10
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Rhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    6,195
    Spend a day confined to a wheelchair and get back to us.

  11. #11
    Full Member Travelin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    409
    I would never put one of those stickers on my car either.

    What really burns my a$$ is the abuse of handicap parking spaces. People park with proper HC plates or sticker on review mirror and walk just as normally as can be into the place they're visiting. What BS. I surmise they must be handicapped in the head...

    I travel full time and encounter all kinds of drivers on the road. In most places I've been people aren't happy unless they are driving 10 - 20 MPH over the speed limit. Do you really think people are too worried about high gas prices? They may ***** but their driving habits show otherwise. Hey, if you are not speeding you'll get ran over.
    Travelin' Man

    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,053
    Yes I am a christian and do sympathize to those who are in wheelchairs and such -=
    Well so am I, and have been for over 20 years; but what has THAT got to do with it? God never told anyone to park their brains at the door when they go out in the morning or start their cars, or to use being a Christian as an excuse or justification for their own personal opinions, whether right or wrong.

    however there are also laws in place for the safety of others.
    And if anyone is holding up traffic for ANY reason they can get ticketed - handicapped or not.

    When I'm driving down a 45 zone and have a person in front of me driving 30-35 I get frustrated. 85-90% of the time it's a handicap or an elderly person.
    Fortunately, laws are not written for YOU or ME or anyone else, they're written for the citizenry at large - including the handiapped and elderly. Anyone can drive as fast or slow as they please. If it's holding up traffic - again, the cops can ticket. But some people can be a menace if they drive faster than they or YOU are comfortable with - handicapped (or elderly) or not.

    Yes I am a christian and do sympathize to those who are in wheelchairs and such -=
    Well then, how about showing some Christian love and mercy and volunteering some of your personal time to drive some of those people where they need to go. Then they won't be slowing down YOUR streets and freeways any more.

  13. #13
    ABW Ambassador simcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,786
    The speeding/aggresive/redlight-running drivers cause the worst traffic delays. And the idiots who slow down to 10mph to look at their accidents.
    But their are also many whose age has made them unsafe to be on the road too.

  14. #14
    Animal Lover
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    oz
    Posts
    1,210
    I'm with Unc here - do unto others what you would others do unto you...patience is a virtue. What's the big rush anyway? Life's too short to blow a fuse over trivial issues.

    Oscar

  15. #15
    ABW Ambassador Paul_Ward's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Cambridgeshire, England
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    But their are also many whose age has made them unsafe to be on the road too.
    I agree, no-one under 30 should be allowed behind the wheel of a car

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    4,178
    I don't know what everyone is in such a hurry for anyway. Just yesterday, I had a woman in an SUV (neither young nor old) pull up next to me (she was in the inside lane) and tailgate the car in front of her. When that car finally inched forward enough, she cut in front of me (NO TURN SIGNAL!) and zipped off like she was a rocket. The speed limit on this stretch of road is 45, she was easily doing 55.

    Guess what? At the next intersection, there she was right in front of me! So her rude, thoughtless driving did absolutely nothing to get her where she was going faster, and she used a lot more gas to get there than I did.

    Frankly, I think she's either just a b!tch or too damn dumb to be driving a vehicle of any kind. I'd rather have an elderly person in front of me driving slow than an idiot cutting in and out like a maniac.

    And what is it with those little foreign cars with the load exhaust, blue turn signals, wings on the back deck, and other assorted cr@p designed to impress? You can tell those teenie weenie little engines are really straining to get up to speed - no wonder so many of those little sh!tmobiles smoke - it's because the engines are shot!

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Choctaw, Oklahoma
    Posts
    114
    Hmmmm, let's see. In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents in the US. There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.

    Car accidents are the leading cause of death for 15 to 24 year olds and account for a whopping 31 percent of deaths in that age group.

    The leading causes of car accidents are:
    1. About 40% of car accident fatalities occur because of a drunken driver.
    2.About 30% of the car accident fatalities can be attributed to driving above the speed limits
    3. 33% because of reckless driving and driving while fatigued that causes the car to go off the road and result in an accident.

    Aggressive driving and impaired driving, all of which occurs more often in drivers between the ages of 18 and 20 than among older drivers. In fact, drivers in the youngest age group were four times as likely to be involved in distraction-related crashes or near-crashes than those ages 35 and older.

    Perhaps there should be a law that strictly limits drivers in THAT age group, along with stiffer penalties and quicker driver's license suspension for same age group.

    I would certainly give serious thought to voting for such a law.
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

  18. #18
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    7,503
    And I wonder what part of those reckless driving accidents are really due to people who tend to suffer from road rage?? You get stuff like happened to Andy getting cut off just so the driver can get one car ahead by road ragers.

  19. #19
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    I agree, no-one under 30 should be allowed behind the wheel of a car

    AMEN !

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  20. #20
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    28
    I don't know about the rest of you, but down here in the hurricane state (palm beach in particular) we have our own new breed of annoying drivers. I understand and always sympathise with the handicapped and senior citizens, but when it comes to what my wife conviniently calls pritches (prissy b!tches) thats where my rage kicks in. This kind of handicap is the disabilty to talk on your, blue tooth enabled, $400 phone and drive your $200,000 car at the same time, changing lanes without consideration for any one with a cheaper car....all this to tend to a "tanning bed emergency" IN FLORIDA!!!! I'm sure Andy can relate. Oh BTW....they still flick you off after disrupting your peaceful drive
    Last edited by MikeLeadFlash; August 26th, 2005 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling issue + additional rage

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    I agree, no-one under 30 should be allowed behind the wheel of a car
    In my opinion, the youth laws are fine, a good age to start driving, however I disagree that anyone over 60 should be allowed to drive. The reason "reckless" drivers hit other cars is because those other cars are going 15 miles below the speed limit.

    Well then, how about showing some Christian love and mercy and volunteering some of your personal time to drive some of those people where they need to go. Then they won't be slowing down YOUR streets and freeways any more.
    Because I can't stand old people. I cna't stand my own grandparents, they're losing their minds, dont' even remember when I come to visit. Why even bother visiting?

    And if anyone is holding up traffic for ANY reason they can get ticketed - handicapped or not.
    Unfortunately the ones that do hold up traffic never seem to get pulled over.... I've never seen a handicap/elderly person pulled over for holding up traffic, I worked a food delivery service and was on the road constantly.

    Frankly, I think she's either just a b!tch or too damn dumb to be driving a vehicle of any kind. I'd rather have an elderly person in front of me driving slow than an idiot cutting in and out like a maniac.
    What pisses me off is the elderly people who start slowing down as if they're going to turn when there's no turn lane for at least another mile.... They clearly have no idea what they're doing and do NOT belong on the road.

  22. #22
    Affiliate Manager PaulS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    647
    My own personal driving pet peeve are the people who - when traffic is backed up - use the shoulders or the onramps or merge lanes to cut out then back into traffic up ahead (and always at the very last possible moment... forcing there way ahead in "line").

    They like to "pretened" that they were on the onramp in order to scoot ahead of traffic... and I just don't understand why these people think they are SO MUCH more important than everyone else on the road?

    How arrogant can they be to believe that they actually deserve to cut ahead of everyone else.

    Where's the bumper sticker for them???

  23. #23
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    7,503
    Because I can't stand old people. I cna't stand my own grandparents, they're losing their minds, dont' even remember when I come to visit. Why even bother visiting?
    Well that pretty much says it all. One of the things I absolutely love about the new ABW is the ignore feature. Off to go put it to use as a proactive measure against forum rage.

  24. #24
    mega crap martyogelvie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    608
    Driving is a full time job.. I take it seriously. There is a lot of pressure and anxiety involved when you are behind the wheel in a high traffic area especially when you have precious cargo (kiddos).

    I get aggravated at my fellow drivers as much as the next person... I try to curb it and usually it subsides after about 15 seconds or so.. but it has been my experience that the biggest IDIOT Drivers are NOT the handicap nor the elderly, but the working class folks that are in a hurry to get to work or get to school or get to where ever they are going and are apparently running late.

    No doubt there are some elder folks who don't drive well and some handicap folks who may not drive well but they pale in comparison to the number of poor drivers that range from 18 - 40 with no obvious handicaps what so ever. If you ever need proof just do some insurance comparisons between an 18 year old dirver and a 40 year old dirver.. or age in between...

  25. #25
    More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Land of The NFL Champs!
    Posts
    2,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Webnet
    Because I can't stand old people. I cna't stand my own grandparents, they're losing their minds, dont' even remember when I come to visit. Why even bother visiting?
    Wait til that statement bites you in your 60-year-old butt! You mentioned having kids? Talk like you are talking in front of them and they will give it all back to you.

    If you want to die in a rat hole, treat the elderly in a dishonorly manner for all your kids to see. Then they will take your lead.

    Otherwise, if you want a truely good "retirement" plan, take care of your parents, grandparents, etc, and show respect to the elderly. Your kids will follow your lead.

    Boy do you have a lot to learn in life!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shopper Rage
    By Cheesehead in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 26th, 2005, 01:09 PM
  2. Road Rage
    By Gordon in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 14th, 2005, 02:20 PM
  3. Air Rage
    By JJJay in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 1st, 2004, 04:09 PM
  4. Spam Rage
    By mousejockey in forum Spam
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 21st, 2003, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •