Seeking merchant(s) who WANT AdWords campaigns
    I've just been advised by one of my merchants that they want me to stop running AdWords campaigns promoting their products, because my affiliate campaigns "compete with" their direct campaigns. (Normally, I'd say this was a reasonable decision, except the merchant had earlier approved my actions, I wasn't seeing competing bids from the merchant on any of my keywords, and I suspect that what happened was that their in-house PPC person is spending a lot more money for much poorer results, and he/she put pressure to eliminate me as a source of conflicting data.)

So now I'm moving on to some other pastures, but it occurs to me that I should just ask straight up: are there any merchants out there who actually WANT someone to actively run AdWords campaigns to promote their products? I'd especially be interested in working with one or more merchants who are willing to give me access to their current log data or reports so I can optimize my campaigns more quickly. Naturally, such a merchant needs to have an affiliate program that can track and report effectively for thousands of keyword campaigns.

Internet Cowboy
    This is when you find a competing program and bury them in their own stupidity.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hello,

We don't run any PPC campaigns for EasyClickTravel, we leave it all up to our affiliates. I also can provide you with a datafeed of our most popular hotels. Feel free to contact me if you're interested.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyClickTravel
    We don't run any PPC campaigns for EasyClickTravel...
    Are you doing this assuming the commission paid to the affiliate would be cheaper than what you would pay for each conversion via PPC? I haven't done much with hotels/travel industry, just curious as to why you wouldn't do any PPC? Over-saturatation?
    Jason

We have two main sites, EasyClickTravel (ECT) and LastMinuteTravel (LMT), and we do tons of PPC on LMT, so we don't bid against ourselves by doing PPC for ECT. However, we understand that we couldn't ever bid on all the keywords available for travel, so we welcome affiliates to do so.

UncleScooter wrote: "This is when you find a competing program and bury them in their own stupidity."

I certainly agree, but I haven't been able to find an equivalent competing program in that particular niche. In addition, I think I'm reasonably well-positioned (via my relationship with the affiliate manager) when the current PPC staffer's failures become obvious, though I'm not sure the decision-makers will recognize it for another month or three.

EasyClickTravel wrote: "We don't run any PPC campaigns for EasyClickTravel, we leave it all up to our affiliates."

Unfortunately, I've not had success with travel-related affiliate programs in the past, and I don't think I'm ready to start experimenting right now, knowing that other affiliates are way ahead of me in the learning curve.

Of course, I'm looking for the same thing everyone else here is trying to find: a merchant with a robust, functional affiliate program, and whose products are NOT already being promoted fully by the merchant, its affiliates, nor its competitors.

Thanks for giving us a look anyway!

Good luck to ya Tim.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Smile
    Hey Tim,

Sorry to hear of your frustrations.

You'll be pleased to note (if you are not already aware) that at Rugman.com, we welcome affiliates of various business models to our program, and that includes PPC affiliates.

Please feel free to check out our program and get in touch if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Hi, I would be interested in seeing if you think we could work together.

Are you looking for an exclusive arrangement? I have no in-house adwords program currently. Sales are good. I am about ready to go live with SAS, but I could hold off to give you an exclusive run at it. I am planning to split margins 50:50 with SAS affiliates because they are doing the really hard part. IMHO

What do you need to start?

All the best,

Chris
    He who knows others is wise; He who know himself is enlightened.

He who knows does not speak. He who speaks (me) does not know.

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

To know you have enough is to be rich.

- Lao Tzu, "Tao Te Ching"

:santa2:

viking:

ABW Ambassador
    "Seeking merchant(s) who WANT AdWords campaigns"

At CJ, those with a keyword link in the creative wouldn't have any problems with you doing PPC.

(Replies to KrisKringle and TrustNo1)
    KrisKringle - I PM'ed you, asking what business you are in, and some other info to respond to your queries here. Please respond via PM or email.

TrustNo1 - You wrote "At CJ, those with a keyword link in the creative wouldn't have any problems with you doing PPC." As I mentioned earlier, I am not simply looking to be the latest of 500 affiliates to try the same keyword campaigns that the merchant is already running.

Senior Affiliate Manager AMWSO James - AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Tim,

Please send me an email at: james"at"jobsinsports.com and we can see if we can form a win-win partnership. I can give you all the information you'll need to set up a PPC campaign for either JobsInSports or Panda Software.

Plus...I can tell you right off the bat that for pretty much any AMWSO program we'll help you put together a PPC campaign.

Check out our Web site (www.amwso.com) where you'll find our client list. There should be something there to tickle your fancy...

James D. Nardell
    AMWSO.com Affiliate Management Team
    email: James.Nardell [@] AMWSO.com
    Phone: (805) 624-5669
    IM - Google/Skype: JamesNardell
    iolo technologies | Paychex | Personal VCard Website

CPA Network Rep
    Hi Tim,

We have several niche websites that you may be interested in promoting via PPC. Please email me wade@primeq.com and I will be happy to let you know you what they are.

feel free to look at our program
    if it fits your line of work,
    i am sure we could work together.
    we have other affiliates running ppc.
    though many keywords are still free.
    you just need to use your touch.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread