Another newbie begging for advice ...
    I don't even know if my product would qualify for affiliate sales. I sell little glass beads. I really only have a few products, but they come in 1,000s of variations. I sell to locations all over the world.

I opened my website about 5 years ago, just using html. Then I added a shopping cart (Mal's) with a built in affiliate program. I had 4 or 5 affs, but not much activity.

I just built a new website with a database, mainly so I can do inventory tracking. It has a built in affiliate program. So far, only one person has signed up. When I do any advertising for my site, I do it with his affiliate code. Another person started as an affiliate, but now she does auction sales for me; she runs the auctions, I 'drop ship'.

But my products are very niche, and very inexpensive. They start at .65, though no-one ever buys only one. Average sale runs around $30, and I offer 15% commission on retail or wholesale sales. I offered 25% on retail, and 10% on wholesale, but the website can't tell the difference, so I evened it out.

I'm worried about providing images and product links. I mean, all the products pretty much look alike, except for colour! I only have a few banners right now, although they do get clicked often. Most of my customers come back for years and years.

I considered an AM. How fast do sales grow after starting an affiliate program? I'm fairly small at the moment; I could handle some growth but ...

I'm pretty confused about a lot of this. At +/- $30 sales, is it worth signing up an AM? I know the upfront fee for some of the larger programs is high; are there smaller, more personal AMs that handle small companies?

Mandy
    www.FindBeads.com

Mandy,

If you'd like, we can go over some of this if you want to call me (330-259-1223). You pay for the call and I'll give you some time for free
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Thank you, that's a wonderful offer. What time zone are you in, and would during the day on Monday be okay?

I'm in Ohio, Eastern Time. Yes Monday is fine.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

How did this turn out? I read the original post and was wondering why a merchant would pay to advertise an affiliate's link.

To me it seemed to be a case of yet another merchant rushing in to affiliate marketing, so I'm curious what happened.

In some cases we ABW'ers need to help them put the brakes on and focus on their core business, instead of falling for the "create an army of raging sales sites" pot of gold.

In other cases the merchants may just need some guidance to keep them on the right path.

Greg?

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread