Question What's the Difference Between Locked and Closed Status?
    Short and sweet. What's the difference between Locked and Closed status in our commission reports? Couldn't find anything about it in the CJ help.

Thanks,
    Chris

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Chris mate

I cant remember exactly what the terms mean now as my head is full of more important info but I rang them to clarify this and I can remember being reassured that what it didnt mean was I had lost any sales or money :-)

I know its not the exact answer you were looking for but it may help calm any nerves if you had any before you get a proper answer.

Mal

Having never seen "closed" before, I went to CJ and ran a Commission Detail report for July. Under "status" there were only three entries: closed, new and extended. So, I'm just guessing that "closed" has replaced "locked" with the upgrade.

So, then I got to wondering about previous months. I tried to run a Commission Detail report for January, but it was blank. Same thing for other months earlier this year. I hope that this is just temporary and that we are going to get that data back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Having never seen "closed" before, I went to CJ and ran a Commission Detail report for July. Under "status" there were only three entries: closed, new and extended. So, I'm just guessing that "closed" has replaced "locked" with the upgrade.

So, then I got to wondering about previous months. I tried to run a Commission Detail report for January, but it was blank. Same thing for other months earlier this year. I hope that this is just temporary and that we are going to get that data back.
    You know what's kind of dumb... you have to run a "Transaction Detail" or summary report to see transactions back that far... kind of strange, but I think the data is still in there somewhere... just have to play with the reports. Glad this upgrade has been so intuitive.

You're right. I tried all four report possibilities. I tried them by month, and I tried them by using date range for a month. The only one that gave results was Transaction Summary. Then once I got that, I could click on the Dollar Amount for a merchant to get a list of all the transactions for that merchant for the time frame.

The only thing I don't like about that is it is going to take a long time to download to Excel. Before, I could get all transactions for an entire month with one report. Now I have to click on each merchant to download the individual transactions. Very time consuming. I should be able to run the Transaction Detail and get the same results.

Another strange thing. When I click on the dollar amount, there is an option to download the report. However, when I'm on the Transaction Summary page, there is no option to download the report.

Cheers for your responses everyone,

Yeah, I think `closed` must be the replacement for the old `locked` status. Running a transaction report for July 2005 - all sales I have are closed - except for the sales from one merchant - who has locked those sales. No corrections are showing so maybe it's just this merchant pressing the wrong button or something.

I AAQ at CJ last night so we'll see what they say. Oh and Mal, fancy bumping into you here

Have a good weekend everyone,
    Chris

It's not a new status.

If I recall correctly, "Locked" transactions change to "Closed" after they're paid.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    It's not a new status.

If I recall correctly, "Locked" transactions change to "Closed" after they're paid.
    I think sjangro is correct. Makes you wonder why we can't easily get an explanation from CJ help.

My commission details from previous months also dissappeared just before payment process started.

I think CJ wanted to ensure they didn't double pay old transactions because they are not sure of the quality of the old data on their servers. I expect it will return shortly. It'd better.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread