ABW Ambassador
    Laughing at myself.
    I'm trying to script something, automate myself out of more work while generating more sales.

I know I need to build two more tables in my database. There's no way around that.

I can't figure out the easiest way to code it for easy updates and easy implementation.

I often find that I have to get halfway done with overly-complex code before I figure out the easy code to make the project work, which would have taken half the time as the complex code, netting zero time saved by the time I implement the easy code and scrap the complex code, as opposed to just finishing the complex code.

Is there a way to arrive at the easy code without first going halfway through the complex code?

yes but it's a long convoluted process

Quote Originally Posted by weisinator
    I'm trying to script something, automate myself out of more work while generating more sales.

I know I need to build two more tables in my database. There's no way around that.

I can't figure out the easiest way to code it for easy updates and easy implementation.

I often find that I have to get halfway done with overly-complex code before I figure out the easy code to make the project work, which would have taken half the time as the complex code, netting zero time saved by the time I implement the easy code and scrap the complex code, as opposed to just finishing the complex code.

Is there a way to arrive at the easy code without first going halfway through the complex code?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Glad I'm no techie, I'd go thru too many bottles of Cuervo before giving up..

ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone still use structured programming techniques any more? That would be a hierarchy chart that visually shows the flow of logic, flowcharts and using pseudocode.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Does anyone still use structured programming techniques any more? That would be a hierarchy chart that visually shows the flow of logic, flowcharts and using pseudocode.
    (*psst* this is in daily chuckle, run with it)

Quote Originally Posted by weisinator

Don't look at it as more complex, just more verbose

I'm in the same boat as you, though. Can't count the number of times I've gotten halfway through something and then had an "AH-HA" moment.

Sean

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread