Question Marketing friendly domain registrars?
    I am looking to set up a free traffic exchange which will eventually have 1,000s of members/affiliates who earn additional advertising credits by referring others to the exchange. I have a strict no-tolerance policy for spam, but with a 1,000s of members, I am sure there will be a few flakes who just don't get it and may spam to try to get more signups.

I will immediately ban any member (and their ip address) of any member caught spamming and they will lose all their credits within the system.

My concern is that if one or a few of my members/affiliates spam that my domain name registrar might shut my site down even though I immediately deal with the problem.

I know another traffic exchange, "Instant Buzz" ran into a similar problem with GoDaddy (same registrar I use) and their domain name was shut down. I believe that their problem was made worse as the web site had been purchased by a new owner and GoDaddy had not been provided with updated ownership contact info and the old owner could not be contacted.

The contact info would not be a problem in my case, but I want to ensure my system isn't taken down through no fault of my own when I deal severely with spammers.

Does anyone know of a marketing-friendly domain registrar who would not take down my whole business with 1,000s of members because of a few bad apples?
    Last edited by MichaelColey; September 4th, 2005 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Removed Manual Signature - Please read the forum rules

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Godaddy have a history of being judge jury and executioner when it coms to what a domain name is being used for.

Unhappy
    Hmm...that's what I was afraid of.

Any more enlightened domain registrars you can recommend?
    Last edited by MichaelColey; September 4th, 2005 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Removed Manual Signature - Please read the forum rules

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread