ABW Ambassador
    Only a few days left for this promotion!! But why?
    I just got 2 emails like that from merchants - but why? Why do they send emails like that out? Do people actually put links up when there are only a few days left, when they'll just have to be taken down in only a few days?

This close to August 31, I'd rather already be getting emails with links for Christmas promotions - that would be worth the time, and end of August is not too early; but they seem to drag their heels 'til the last minute on those.

That bicycle conglomerate is not too keen.... I don't even bother
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Sounds like someone is just short of getting a monthly bonus check and they are working like crazy to hit their sales target. Years ago, I worked in sales and those type of last minute deals were always around for a little extra cash at the end of the month. It's amazing that many businesses STILL are only concerned about one month at a time. This kind of attitude has ruined many businesses because the only time you can get a good price is toward the end of the month when the pressure is on to "make the month".

Coupon sites are typically the only sites that can efficiently handle such short-term promotions. We love them, but most other affiliates hate them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

If you have a system that automatically removes expired promotions, you only need to enter the promotion into your system. There's no reason to remove an expired promotion with all the automation options available now.

Poopie, I just noticed you're from the high desert. I'm from the low desert, grew up in Morongo Valley, born in Palm Springs.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread