Mysterious Payments and What The Heck is Synergy Analytics?
    My August 22 Linkshare check was for $20.11. I have absolutely no idea what this amount covers and is certainly far short of what I should be receiving.

Looking the past few months of transaction reports on Linkshare, I can't even correlate this payment to any single merchant. So, I went here looking for answers. I saw some posts about "Synergy Analytics" and I have no idea what it is.

I certainly don't have the option of viewing it. The merchant payment reports for Linkshare haven't been updated since February, so it seems to me that I'm missing something that others are getting.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

ABW Ambassador
    I had 2 checks come in yesterday, one was for around $2. I think that might be for one of the channels or the 1 account that only had a couple of merchants that i merged into my main account. Do (did) you have more that 1 account?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I had 2 checks come in yesterday, one was for around $2. I think that might be for one of the channels or the 1 account that only had a couple of merchants that i merged into my main account. Do (did) you have more that 1 account?
    Just one account and one web site.

My understanding is that the payment reports have moved to the new SynergyAnalytics section. Look for a graphical link that says "Synergy Analytics Beta", click that, and go for a coffee.

I can't get in there routinely because it requires Internet Explorer and I'm on a Mac.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Sweat,
    As of your March invoice, all payment data is provided through SynergyAnalytics payment reports. To see the detailed breakdown of your 8/22 payment (by merchant and amount), click on SynergyAnalytics in the upper left hand corner of your LinkShare Home page. Once in SynergyAnalytics, click on the Network Transaction Analysis tab and select the Affiliate Payment Summary report (listed in first box on the left). Through this report, you can drill down by month and then check number to see the details of each payment. You can also review the Merchant Payment History Report in Analytics to see, for each invoice period since March, which of your merchants have paid LinkShare (and funds have cleared).
    Kelli

ABW Ambassador
    Why can't you print a break down on the check stub? I don't use IE, so I can't see these reports.

I agree. A breakdown would be nice on the remittance portion of the check. If there's too much to fit, show what fits and then say "(See the Synergy Analytics Affiliate Payment Summary Report for the complete detail.)"
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Hi Sweat,
    As of your March invoice, all payment data is provided through SynergyAnalytics payment reports. To see the detailed breakdown of your 8/22 payment (by merchant and amount), click on SynergyAnalytics in the upper left hand corner of your LinkShare Home page. Once in SynergyAnalytics, click on the Network Transaction Analysis tab and select the Affiliate Payment Summary report (listed in first box on the left). Through this report, you can drill down by month and then check number to see the details of each payment. You can also review the Merchant Payment History Report in Analytics to see, for each invoice period since March, which of your merchants have paid LinkShare (and funds have cleared).
    Kelli
    All I see in the month breakdown is checks issued but nothing to indicate which merchant payment was included or any other info regarding the sale or merhant. Am I missing something?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Click on the check number(s) in the Affiliate Payment Summary Report and it will show you the breakdown of the merchants on that check.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Click on the check number(s) in the Affiliate Payment Summary Report and it will show you the breakdown of the merchants on that check.
    Thank you Michael! Worked like a charm. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

[B]This is another fancy term dreamed up by eggheads that don't seem to have anything better to do.In the past the checks i received had the merchants names on them, now they don't, to me it's a way to make you log in to LS, and check reports.It's like all those "bonus offers". or 3 day sales,they want you to put THEM first,an old dodge used by many.An example, I have Walmart as a merchant, in the past career I had, we did demographics,price comparison's, traffic patterns,etc. I needed a new VCR fast,the old on was eating up my tapes, i went to the store nearby, went into electronics, found a clerk, asked were are the VCR's he said "I don't know what they are????????? then after I found one, hidden in a pile of boxes, I asked him if it needed a head cleaner, he said"If I don't know what they are,how would i know that.Today a lady I know needed an audio tape player,I went to the same place,the only clerk was BS ing on the phone, finally I had his attention, he showed me a display model for $29 plus, then ran away, a lady clerk gave me a box,when i got to my friends home, it was a Cd player,which she has, she gives music lessons, and tapes her students progress, i waited over an hour to return it, got the one I wanted for $8 plus.Point is, online it would have been faster, cheaper and easier, so, the merchants need us, not the nitwits in Walmart, radio shack,and others.This may seem out of place, but 5 good sites,beats 5 trips to stores any time.I could have added to the sales from Walmart, but the lady was in a hurry.That's my dimes worth
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Hi Sweat,
    Kelli
    Thanks.

This has to be the absolutely most confusing interface I have ever seen. Not to mention, I would have never even thought to click in the small icon in a million years. Plus, how was I supose to know what "Network Transaction Analysis" is? Couldn't they just say "Commission Reports"??

All I want is simple report saying X-merchant paid this on that date. And a direct link to the report.

Is it just me, or can you not login to Synergy Analytics using Firefox?
    That really bites.

Right. It currently only supports IE.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks for the reply, Michael.
    I finally made it into the Synergy Analytics site today for the first time.
    I must say that I concur with those who were very critical of the confusing interface.
    While the various reports are nice (I guess?), all I'm really interested in is clicks, sales, and when checks have been sent. In fact if there were a page with only those 3 things, it'd be perfect in my book. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by LowAPRcredit
    all I'm really interested in is clicks, sales, and when checks have been sent.
    Thanks. I've been trying to tell LinkShare the same thing for months. Analytics may be useful to merchants and some ultra large affiliates, but the rest of us just need fast, simple information. Analytics should supplement rather than replace the current reporting.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

As I've posted before, our 3rd party software provider for SynergyAnalytics is releasing a new version that is compatible with Firefox and other browsers. Once the new version is tested, we'll be able to address the browser compatibility concern.

We're also working on a series of other enhancements to the SA interface and reports based on ABW and other affiliate feedback.

Kelli

15 years and counting
    kelli - We're also working on a series of other enhancements to the SA interface and reports based on ABW and other affiliate feedback.
    LIKE WHAT?

Getting rid of many merchants in the Merchant Payment History report in SA without telling us?

Angry Garbage
    99% USELESS INFO! 1% impossible to find.

I am owed about 400.00 from Linkshare (Yes I did find the amounts in the reports) But LS never sent me a dime.

I went to the old Merchant Payment reports and filled out the "HAVEN'T BEEN PAYED BY A MERCHANT? WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT" form, and said I had not been payed by LS itself. Click on send and end up in an endless loop! What a joke.

janew,
    If you want to PM me or email abw (at) linkshare (dot) com and provide your LinkShare username and registered email address along with details on the commission amounts and commission periods you think you're missing, we'd be happy to look into it for you.

Kelli

E-mail sent
    I have sent you an e-mail.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread