Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Are Sales Normal for Anyone Yet?
    Just wondering if sales appear to be normal for anyone yet...I haven't had a sale in 4 days.

ABW Ambassador
    I think things are still messed up. I had 0 transactions until i just logged in and i have something weird show up. A transaction just showed up within the last 5 minutes with a posting date 28-Aug-2005 03:04 PDT. It's in the afternoon and that posting date is 3 in the morning.

15 years and counting
    CJ is not the problem. Reporting is late quite often but that's it. Delay this morning is around 1H:30, about nornal.
    I've seen Google changes around the 24th and I lost one of my sites. I can see it easily in my stats.

ABW Ambassador
    There are still problems, at least with what i'm seeing today in my account.

And since they still have up and haven't updated the message from 6 days ago, i guess they're still working on them.

CJ Account Manager Status [Last Update: August 22, 2:45 PM PDT / 21:45 GMT 22 August]

Mine is unnormal
    this morning is ok around 2:00 and after that,nothing.and yesterday I guess they are not normal,hopely they can fix everything quick.
    there seems no choice but wait.

Things seem pretty normal. Updates posting about the top of every hour, ~1:30 behind the event date.

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm. i guess i didn't have any morning shoppers today. Had 1 ebay dime show up from midnite till around 2PM and 9 sales posts last 1 hr. 10 minute. Yesterday was the opposite.

Some merchants are having issues while others are not?
    I cannot imagine why that would be. Assuming these reports are coming from folks who typically see enough transactions that long blank periods aren't common, the differing experiences are definitely strange.

For example, LowerMyBills isn't updating this weekend and implied that the problem was CJ's. Others are showing a steady stream of transactions. Oh, LMB loads transactions in batch, bad example. I do have one batch merchant that is showing transactions each morning though.

ABW Ambassador
    Vanns was having problems, don't know if they still are. Not a batch merchant:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...973#post471973

There is one merchant who told me they are still having problems after i emailed them asking what's up with conversions this month. I suspect Shoebuy was having problems, waiting on a response from them. So maybe it's merchant specific.

Internet Cowboy
    Slow day overall today here. The past few have been fine. As far as Shoebuy goes, they are nearing nonexistent lately.

Just had 2 post -- one had a 4+ hr delay 28-Aug-2005 10:21 PDT 28-Aug-2005 15:01 PDT

ABW Ambassador
    "As far as Shoebuy goes, they are nearing nonexistent lately."

Yeah, something ain't right with them. I need to do a test purchase i guess. They were one of my favorite merchants when they were consistently converting at 1/25 for me. This month 1/550 on a few thousand clicks. Zappos, even after adding all those 1800 numbers 1/25 for the month.

"As far as Shoebuy goes, they are nearing nonexistent lately."
    ......... This month 1/550 on a few thousand clicks"
    All I know is that if I owned a shoe store, and the electric eye on the door counted 550 people coming in, while the cashier could only account for only one sale, it would be time to install a new security camera above the cash register.

It's kind of odd how some affiliates who send steady targetted traffic are getting ridiculously low conversion rates with certain merchants. Especially when said affiliates historically have converted very well for these merchants, and the merchant's EPC's continue to be rock solid. Odd indeed.

No one is buying right now!

They are all watching New Orleans news on TV. Those who aren't either fleaing or taking in relatives, that is.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

What's also interesting is that I've never seen CJ so consistent about posting transactions. I'm seeing processing once per hour that kicks off at the top of the hour. Prior to last week, transactions would post at any random time (continually?)

If system load is a problem because of the stat-freaks, this is a good move. If transaction posting is predictable, people only need to check once per hour. My own behavior has already changed. Once an hour is a good frequency.

>> Had 1 ebay dime show up

ebay seems to have some additional delay injected into the process. While most stuff has that 90 minute delay, my few ebay dimes are on 3 hour delays.

ebay seems to have some additional delay injected into the process. While most stuff has that 90 minute delay, my few ebay dimes are on 3 hour delays.
    eBay is always a bit tardy, I think because they have to go through some approval process before they batch everything to CJ. I normally see my bids and BINs come through in waves, so it's pretty obvious that's what they're doing.

I still prefer the delay we have now to the constant reversals we used to get!

I purchased a rolling backpack at ebags through my cj link on Thursday that has not yet posted. LOL! I am seeing lots of transactions but I think they are not all there, especially since my test purchase is still in la la land.

i dont know what was happen with CJ right now, i have great position Google and Yahoo in 3rd positon and 1st in MSN with my special keywords and alot of traffic generated...but..its different since CJ upgrade with new system, less than 10 sales generated from my site... please tell me why..?

Sales are very abnormal for me but I am certain it has to do with the hurricane. People are either glued to the TV or have some involvement in it through friends and family. Remember, a whole lot of elders live in Florida and they are having trouble, too. And, when you are fleaing for your life or don't know if you will need your economic recources to either help yourself or your family, you don't buy online.

I saw the same thing during the last hurricane. Things will bounce back.

They should have bought their talismans, amulets and candles from me earlier!

When will people ever learn to be prepared?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I totally agree. Things are slow today, no doubt about it. I have been watching the news since the early morning and I guess, I am not the only one...

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think the hurricane has anything to do with CJ's current problems. The hurricane didn't stop Anne's test purchase from posting, don't think it had anything to do with my midnight - 2PM 1 ebay time posting yesterday after which sales came in as usual. And Ssanf, you don't really send CJ enough traffic to notice trends right? I thought you had pulled most of your CJ merchants, how many do you have up? The hurricane will play a small part but i don't think anything that noticeable, it's a big country.

Don't have to use CJ to come to the conclusion that something weird is going on. I see it on all my merchants. I am certain it is the storm.

The drop off in sales was almost exactly when the TV stations started with all the storm hype.

ABW Ambassador
    "Don't have to use CJ to come to the conclusion that something weird is going on."

Meeka started the thread in the CJ forum because they wanted to know if CJ sales are back to normal because of the upgrade i suppose, so it would help if you actually had some CJ merchants up. And if you read the first post, it was started yesterday with not having sales for 4 days (so 5 days ago), which was before any hurricane making landfall and all the TV hype. It's a CJ problem (like any other time during an upgrade) not a hurricane problem.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf

They should have bought their talismans, amulets and candles from me earlier!

When will people ever learn to be prepared?
    LOL LOL LOL!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

First of all, I do have CJ merchants. I have had the same ones for many years. I never said in any post that I have none. All I have said is that I stopped adding CJ merchants. Maybe, that I was thinking of dumping the rest which I haven't done at this time due to having #1 google rankings for those terms and not having as good a replacement merchant.

Secondly, EXCUSE MEEEEE! When did you become the topic patrol? I and why wasn't I advised about your change in status?

Of course, you are free to have your opinion.

And, BTW. Me, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast