CJ One-Time Bonuses
    When a merchant like Zappos has a bonus structure like this:

For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $15,000.00 USD receive one time bonus of $50.00 USD.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $20,000.00 USD receive one time bonus of $100.00 USD.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $50,000.00 USD receive one time bonus of $300.00 USD.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $100,000.00 USD receive one time bonus of $750.00 USD.
    For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $250,000.00 USD receive one time bonus of $2,500.00 USD.

Does that mean when your total sales for as long as you have been with them reach, $15,000, $20,000, $50,000 $100,000, $250,000, then you get the stated bonus at each progressive level or does it mean that you have to hit one of those sales levels in one month and you can get each bonus once if your total sales in a single month is equal to one of those levels? Or does it mean something completely different?

It's per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    It's per month.
    Can it be earned each and every month sales exceed the threshold, or is it a once and only once kind of thing? They should consider revising the language as it can be construed a few different ways...

Internet Cowboy
    It is monthly, net sales and is usually posted on the 12th or 13th.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Thats pretty friggin crazy

Some of the wording is strange. The one I've had success with is:
    Commission 6.00%

Performance Incentive For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $10,000.00 USD increase commission by 16.80%.

For Total Sales Amount equal to or greater than $15,000.00 USD increase commission by 33.50%.
    Why can't they just say, "increase commission to 7%" instead of "by 16.80%," or "increase commission to 8%" instead of "by 33.50%?"

It is monthly, net sales and is usually posted on the 12th or 13th.
    My experience with the above program is 45 days, not the following month. The first time I earned the bonus was last November, and was disappointed not to see it post in December. I wrote to the AM, and he said that CJ told him that it was 45 days after the close of the month. Sure enough, on January 15 the bonus was posted.

Since then I earned a one-time $100 bonus for reaching a certain sales threshold, but it was a challenge the AM had emailed to me, it wasn't listed as part of the program. In that case, the bonus posted within a few days of the close of the month.

Thats pretty friggin crazy.
    Are you referring to the high sales volumes you have to hit in order to reach the bonuses?

If so, I'm here to tell you it can be done. I'm a one-person operation. Just me and my computer. I hand-code all my pages ... no datafeeds or other automated processes and I've done it. It just takes time and dedication to your site.

Internet Cowboy
    My experience with the above program is 45 days, not the following month. The first time I earned the bonus was last November, and was disappointed not to see it post in December. I wrote to the AM, and he said that CJ told him that it was 45 days after the close of the month. Sure enough, on January 15 the bonus was posted.
    It posts the following month. It is paid basically two months behind. You are paid in August for June's performance bonus.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread