Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Entirely Pets - VOID, VOID, VOID, VOID
    It seems that all my transactions with Entirely Pets are being voided this month. The reason is either "linked with other site" or "linked from other site." My trigger finger is getting very itchy.

Reversal rates:
    7 Day16.25%
    3029.01%

Anyone else having this problem?

Internet Cowboy
    I dropped them when they lowered their commission a few months ago. That showed me that they were not serious about affiliate marketing and now your experience drives that belief home.
    Drop 'em like a rock!!!
    Send Brian a message and complain. Maybe he will excuse them from his network.

ABW Ambassador
    The reason is either "linked with other site" or "linked from other site."
    What does that mean?

Yeah, what's that about? I would think you can put the link on any site.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I have my suspicions about them too. I asked in another thread whether they were related to tj's petshop becuase when I clicked on a link down in the status bar it said connecting to tjspetshop.com for an image or something but the rest of the connections where to yahoo store...

TJ's pissed me off becuase they ditched right when I was ranking well (better than them) for a profitable product that I could only find through them.

baahhhh
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

This is starting to get interesting. whois reports no personal/business registration info at all. Then it gets better. The IP is clear now but they have a blacklist history: http://www.whois.sc/rbl/?ip=66.163.161.45

According to Alexa:

Contact Info for entirelypets.com:

EntirelyPets.com
    7037 Dakota Dr
    W. Des Moines, IA
    US
    +1 800 889 8967

Do a search for the phone number and all kinds of sites show up, yahoo, angelfire, etc.

Tomorrow I'm pulling the trigger.

Now I'm getting angry. Their so-called "physical address" is a p.o. box:

Physical Address:
    710 South 13th Street Suite 900
    PMB# 384 Norfolk NE 68701
    UNITED STATES

Brian, this question is for you. Do you have a real physical address for this company?

Animal Lover
    Yes...they've done that to me too - and their reason for the voided sales was (in reply to my email asking why the sudden surge in voided sales) :

We had not been doing any reversals on our ShareASale
    program until this month, so that's why you finally
    saw some reversals for the first time with our
    program.

The main reason for reversals in relation to us is
    because we run multiple affiliate programs. When we
    check ShareASale orders for things like cancellation
    or returns on our Yahoo! Store, we also check for a
    field called "Link From", which indicates if one of
    our affiliates operating on our old Yahoo! affiliate
    program earned a commission. One of our affiliates,
    [removed], alone gets 100+ commissions a day, so
    it is likely we will find double commissions. Under
    these circumstances, as we are unable to determine who
    really earned the commission, we have been rewarding
    it to the Yahoo! affiliate. The Yahoo! cookie only
    lasts as long as the browser is open, while the SAS
    cookie lasts 60 days.

The 2nd reason for reversals is due to a new rule we
    just implemented. On orders with RX items, if we
    cannot get vet approval or an RX from the customer
    within 3 weeks, we will cancel the commission for the
    RX item.

I only stayed with them because they are with SAS...all the other pet med places that I know of are sleeping with parasites...Anyone found a suitable replacement?

Oscar
    Last edited by Leader; August 30th, 2005 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Removed aff site name/URL

Thanks for sharing that info, oscar. I'd figured it was a matter of competing cookies, or at least the excuse of competing cookies. If they lack the ability to determine which cookie was set last then I see no reason why I should be penalized just because I'm a SAS affiliate. It's a weak excuse for reversing a sale. Unless of course they just want to beat SAS out of the commission override.

I haven't found as good prices for heartworm and flea/tick medication anywhere else. I can recommend Pet Care Central on CJ for pretty much everything else. I get good conversions with them. I don't really work with PF, BF or LS so I'm pretty ignorant about options there.

I was about to place a very large personal order with them. I may go through with it if only to see what the physical address is from which the products are shipped.

Animal Lover
    Pet Care Central also has a bit of a weird history - Akiva used to man it for them and something happened (don't ask me what) and I think he left for some reason and I haven't been promoting them as much. I think Pet Care Central used to be TheFerretStore and they moved because of some bad rep thing going on with TheFerretStore (or that was what I thought).

I have a feeling that EntirelyPets has special deals going with sites like [removed] - if you go to [removed]'s site you will notice that the contact details etc are all really EntirelyPets...not sure if that's because they have a framed site and therefore can display that sort of stuff but when I asked James Le (the AM) of EntirelyPets if I could do the same ie put down their phone number to ring etc and a fax number for people to fax their script through...I didn't get a reply back so I'm a tad disappointed on that front.

I didn't quite understand the cookie thing with Yahoo stores but it was strange that they gave preference to the other affiliates over SAS ones - which was why I suspected that they had special deals with these yahoo stores - perhaps they are one and the same I'm not sure. They do offer good prices for the pet meds though - I don't believe I've found anyone who is selling it cheaper on the net.

If I find someone else suitable I will post it.

Oscar
    Last edited by Leader; August 30th, 2005 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Removed aff site name/URL

ABW Ambassador
    cookie thing with Yahoo stores but it was strange that they gave preference to the other affiliates over SAS ones - which was why I suspected that they had special deals with these yahoo stores - perhaps they are one and the same I'm not sure.
    It wouldn't be a first, there are a number around that seem to have their own "affiliate" sites (or maybe are just affiliates from the look of some). In fact, one CJ merchant for sure does own at least one of their "affiliate" sites, the whois info is an exact match. Has anyone checked out some whois info?

They do offer good prices for the pet meds though - I don't believe I've found anyone who is selling it cheaper on the net.
    IF it's the case, the cheaper price would be made up by getting the commission back (like a rebate), if there's a chance that's happening.

A different shipping source address doesn't prove anything, it could be a third party fulfillment or a drop-ship arrangement.

I'm not surprised affiliates are having problems with these folks. I dumped them a while back when I found their CJ program was associated with parasites. I don't care if their SAS program is clean they've shown their hand IMO.

Good luck all.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Ya'll posted an affiliate URL and NOW you are discussing it!!!!!

Where is the moderator???
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Ya'll posted an affiliate URL and NOW you are discussing it!!!!!

Where is the moderator???
    The URL postings have been censored out.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Internet Cowboy
    This company is clearly a scam. They apparently own at least a part of [removed] and are funneling affiliate sales through that site. It is crystal clear to me that is what's happening.
    Any affiliate who continues to do business with them, other than [removed] of course, is only setting themself up for a loss.

The affiliate link that was posted is sent out in entirelypets newsletter as one of their top performers so it is no secret...but forum rules are forum rules .
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

That don't make no never mind!

Animal Lover
    Sorry - I thought it was okay because everyone knew about that affiliate that in the newsletter that EntirelyPets sends out. They always mention that particular affiliate. I apologize for posting it. Thanks for taking it out Leader.

Oscar

I have been working with them 3 years now, long before they had program at CJ or SAS, and always performed very well. I am on their Yahoo tracking program.

Soemtimes, I see lower sales when clicks are steady, and I think it may be seasonal because they come back up. I am not really sure what's going on but I didn't know Yahoo tracking had no return days whatsoever. And I don't feel comfortable with a merchant having CJ, SAS, and Yahoo tracking on one shopping cart.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread