vacationspot - 58 hits, 1 lead

playsys - 66 hits, 0 sales

11th hour vactions - 63 hits, 0 sales

bahhhhhh,
    i get many hits for the keywords in their links, but no money :mad:

ABW Ambassador
    My commissions on travel merchants (airlines, hotels) is absolutely dismal. They'll have to substantially increase commissions and/or conversions before I spend one more minute promoting merchants in the travel industry. It seems I can get the traffic but not many buyers ... lots of tire-kickers running around the travel industry, I guess.

My commissions on CJ travel merchants are abysmal, though they're beginning to pick up a bit. I've done better with a few non-CJ travel merchants, but that probably has more to do with what they're selling or what my audience is buying right now than with CJ.

For what it's worth, I have a European travel site, and it's early in the season for my audience to be making firm plans. There's a whole lot of preliminary research going on, though, to judge from my site's leap in traffic immediately after the holidays. And despite the fact that this is the low season for most European travel, sales are up substantially over December--about 200% in absolute numbers or nearly 400% when adjusted for the fact that we're still only a little more than halfway through January. I expect things to really pick up by March, when travelers who plan late spring or early summer vacations will be booking their transportation and hotel rooms.

wow! you sent one merchant a whole 66 hits

why dont you wait til youve sent 1000 hits each before you judge

Affiliate Manager
    The average in this market is 1-3% look to book- so you are actually running right on target so far. The wait for 1000 comment was right on target- you'll haveb a much better idea then of how things are going and be able to tweak for your traffic. Good Luck!

Jessica,

Welcome!

Haiko

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks- I've been reading your boards for a while- but was forced into registering today and can't always keep quiet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    By the way, is TravelNow running Priceline pop-ups or is this the result of another program I supposedly downloaded?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread