Tornados???
    Nuh uh......Don't want none!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Tornados - We get them here all the time. They like mobile home parks really well. I don't know why, but they do.

We could see two in the distance last year and also the hurricane flew over. It was really wild. We were supposed to be in our basement to keep safe but we stood on our deck and watch it go over. No trees anywhere and there were leaves falling straight from the sky, it was really wild. We live in VA, not many hurricanes here, so we were a bit excited, LOL!

Yessiree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Tornados - We get them here all the time. They like mobile home parks really well. I don't know why, but they do.
    Yup! In Oklahoma there's deer season, turkey season and tornado season!
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    We get some here, too. I haven't seen any, but the year I graduated from high sch**l one came at night and took the shingles and insulation off half the roof!

I wasn't home at the time, but my mother said that the instant it went away, people came out and were walking the streets, inspecting the damages. I came back to find the streets blocked with trees (had to walk home from outside the neighborhood), and the power out. They found a lot of our shingles a block away.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I have ask myself that question many times.

Since in all the trailer parks the mobile homes are made from aluminum, can the aluminum material be the one attracting the Tornados?

Just something to think about!

I don't think they really attract tornadoes. It's just that a tornado does a lot more damage to mobile homes. Typically, you have dozens or hundreds of poorly built mobile homes in a small area, so when a tornado does hit a mobile home park it causes a lot of destruction. Houses are more spread out and better constructed.

I've lived most of my life in areas that get a lot of tornadoes (Springfield, MO and Dallas/Fort Worth, TX), so I've seen plenty. The destructive force is just incredible. Still, I'd much rather face a tornado than a hurricane or a tsunami.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

As much as I hate tornados, I agree with Michael. I'd take one of those over other natural disasters any day. Tornados are short lived, very destructive, but they don't usually appear without some warning, which allows some preparation time.

They do their damage, and they're gone.

Earthquakes pop up without any notice whatsoever. Hurricanes add lots of water to the destruction. At least with a tornado they usually are over as quickly as they appear.

A comedian once said local governments would be smart to put a trailer park on a hillside on the outskirts of town with a really big sign that says "Trailer Park Here" and an arrow pointing to it. They figured that would save the town from receiving any damage.

I can't explain the phenomenon, but trailer parks do seem to attract tornados. A tornado will go right over downtown, residential neighborhoods, apartments, etc., until it finds the last trailer park at the very edge of town, and that's where it strikes. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I've lived most of my life in areas that get a lot of tornadoes (Springfield, MO and Dallas/Fort Worth, TX), so I've seen plenty. The destructive force is just incredible. Still, I'd much rather face a tornado than a hurricane or a tsunami.

I agree. I also have seen some tornados - live in Nebraska and saw a large one in 1975 (or 1976 - canít remember)... I remember my father getting on top of the roof to see it. Some of the neighbors also did that -- not the smartest thing, but we weren't in its path, so we were ok. It made a path through Omaha.

If I had to take either hurricane, earthquake, or tornado -- id definitely take tornado's.

Kend

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread