Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    It's official
    August '05, has been my worst month (affiliate wise that is)since i started & this includes my first month!

For some reason nobody loves me right now.

August has one of my better months this year... go figure... although most of my income did come from 3 new websites... all of my other sites have been dead...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Chin up
    Last month was my worst month in a loooong time ... and I have had some BAD months.
    I felt the same way.

This month though ... is better than last month
    Remember, affiliate marketing is a twelve step process.

1) build a site
    2) optimize
    3) Adjust ad placments and test merchants
    4) Tweak accordingly
    5) Obsess over stats
    6) Sacrifice to search engines
    7) Drink some beer to feel better
    8) Move up to vodka because beer isn't doing it.
    9) Drink tequila numb the pain
    10) Back to beer (cheap beer now) because you can't afford the good stuff anymore.
    11) Curl up in the fetal position sucking your thumb at a mall where you hope to scrounge up spare change.
    12) Go back to step 1 with a new idea for a hot/trendy item you saw on some young pup or puppette who's mommy or daddy is footing all the bills so they can afford the newest and coolest gadgets while you were laying on the mall floor in said thumb sucking position.

edited for timeline accuracy
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I'm anxious to start. My website is almost finished and I just need the merchant to answer me with a datafeed question and a cookie life question. Adding stuff and I will be ready to start

I was wondering, did you guys used AdWords or Overture in your first month(s)? Or did you just optimized your page for a better ranking on search engines?

My starting budget is low, but I just want to, at least, make enough to cover my spendings on the first month(s).

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gu4rdian
    I'm anxious to start. My website is almost finished and I just need the merchant to answer me with a datafeed question and a cookie life question. Adding stuff and I will be ready to start

I was wondering, did you guys used AdWords or Overture in your first month(s)? Or did you just optimized your page for a better ranking on search engines?

My starting budget is low, but I just want to, at least, make enough to cover my spendings on the first month(s).
    I would say make a Darned Good Site (one that people will want to remember or bookmark) and then hit it with both Adwords and Overture although you may want to run adwords one month or two and then overture the next month to see how they compare. Being a new site, all of your sales/leads will be due to ppc so you will have a good idea as to how effective it is.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Well, I guess my site is a really good one compared to what I used to do. It lacks a bit of "call to action" at this time but it's not finished yet.

It's clean and easy to browse in the categories, so I think people will like it. Of course, we never know, but, I have carefully chosen my keywords to not generate any useless traffic, only the people who wants to buy will ever see my site on the PPC engines. I plan to optimize it as best as i can.

Did I forget something? Except a lot of content, I don't think so.

I will maybe request a little review when everything is more under the "final stage".

Fred

August has been my best month so far but I'm not as established as most of you folks. Almost all my sites are relatively new and I'm still building traffic. Each month is getting better and better. I hope it continues.

Good luck to you!

TM
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

I was slow in August except for my core merchant. My core merchant produced it's best month. So I'm not sure of what to make of it, or what to tell you

Speaking as a merchant: August and July brought us approx. the same number of affiliate sales. June has been slightly worse this year...

Geno

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    After seeing what is going on in NO and the surrounding areas I now feel like a real ass for feeling bad about making less money.

I apologize for posting this thread.

Nah, West. Life goes on to a degree. If we all stopped doing what we do because of ANYTHING, the wheels will fall off the cart.

So:

Empathize
    Send Money
    Pray
    Do what you can do
    Keep doing what you normally do.

If we're going to help NO and Ole Miss in the long run, we need to have the money to do it.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    September: It's tarp season! mwuahahahaha...... been suffering through the June/July/August months, times for some cha ching.

Had some slow months, I still am waiting for a customer to cough up $645, but from here through baseball season I'm good.

I have many more sites ready for Xmas season too, so I am ready for the bucks to start flowing.....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread